Universal Studios in September

piinksharpiie

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone! Newbie here!

Hubby and I will be going to Universal in September (thinking September 12th right now) but we are only planning on attending for one day. Haven't bought our tickets yet, so we are trying to figure out if we should buy the express add on or just get the regular tickets. According to the "isitpacked" website, it says on September 12th it should be a "ghost town". It will be our first time going to Universal ever, and we only have enough time to go for one day, so adding on an additional day is not in the cards. The park hours say 10-6, with early entry being 9:30.

So my questions are this: Should we get the express pass or just get regular tickets?
How do you get the early entry to the park?

Thanks for you help in advance :)

Haven't been at this time of year so I can't answer that, but you can always buy express pass on the day in the park if it does turn out to be crazy and you don't think you're going to get everything done without it.

The park should be dead, I wouldn't buy Express.

Once you get to the park and you feel you need Express, you can always purchase it inside the park.

Hey everyone! Newbie here!

Hubby and I will be going to Universal in September (thinking September 12th right now) but we are only planning on attending for one day. Haven't bought our tickets yet, so we are trying to figure out if we should buy the express add on or just get the regular tickets. According to the "isitpacked" website, it says on September 12th it should be a "ghost town". It will be our first time going to Universal ever, and we only have enough time to go for one day, so adding on an additional day is not in the cards. The park hours say 10-6, with early entry being 9:30.

So my questions are this: Should we get the express pass or just get regular tickets?
How do you get the early entry to the park?

Thanks for you help in advance :)

I'm also going in September and am wondering as well.
Be sure to note that Universal Studios Hollywood is hosting Halloween Horror Nights starting in September and certain nights they close early for the event!

I wouldn't get it until you arrive and it is busy. Most of the time you won't need it unless you are visiting in the height of summer.

I'm also going in September and am wondering as well.
Be sure to note that Universal Studios Hollywood is hosting Halloween Horror Nights starting in September and certain nights they close early for the event!

We decided to not get the express and just buy it if we really feel we need it when we arrive. We plan to be there at opening and stay till closing. The day we're choosing to go the park the hours state they close at 6 already so we're not too worried.

You will be fine. Just budget time for the Backlot Tour(probably up to an hour) and if you are HP fans and you'll be golden. A personal favorite of ours is the Waterworld show which can be up to 45 min depending on when you go sit! Otherwise, there are not a ton of attractions to get through, so if you've done any Disney park, this will seem like a breeze.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!