Universal Studios/Clarion Hotel ????

Tom Duncin

Earning My Ears
My family (wife, 11yoa daughter, and me ) are going to Disney for 3 days and to Universal for 3 days the last week of Sept.01.
We have been to Disney twice before and stayed at Dixie Landings and Coronado Springs. This time we are just going to stay at the All Stars Music. We have 2 days left from previous tickets. We have never been to Universal, and we found a great rate at Clarion Universal. (49.00/night)
We plan on buying 3 day tickets to U.S any sugestions or comments would be appreciated......

Thanks Tom.

We stayed at this property, did it sight unseen off of this website.It was fine, they had a little above average pool, big with wet bar, room was newly redone,we ate the buffet for breakfast when we left, was fine, thought this was a great bargain, it was right by wetnwild. The snack bar was ripoff, think I paid like a $1.50 apiece for ice cream, but hey it was vacation. Would recomend bringing own beer, sodas, they were in my opinion pricey. We also were moving to HRH the next day, so it was close to universal, we went in the evening for a pre-visit/swim. If money isn't an object the HRH was the best hotel I've ever stayed in, and this year at least I've been to about 50 or so other ones. It really is a special place, it wowed em from 9 to 45.But I
would not hesitate to stay at Clarion again, especially for the price they are charging.This hotel is one of alot of ones that are hurting from the tourist recession, otherwise it would be at least
a $75-$80 night type of place....

Oh yeah, forgot to tell you about FOTL-front of the line you get
by staying at HRH, even if you spend only one night there you get FOTL for two days, would this be a possibility, maybe do first night at HRH, this would give you both arrival day and the next day with FOTL, stay at Clarion on the last night. We also did this, we even swam before we left for last night at an Embassy we had a free night from my traveling. Please give it a thought, just walking on those rides was so fantastic, the kids rode them about a zillion times. It is so much fun, you don't realize how much energy you expend just waiting in line, its like a day long fast pass. I know the HRH would make your visit memorable, even if you do the one night to get the FOTL for the two days....

Hi Tom!
I'd like to mention the Radisson Universal real quick. I found this on the boards here recently, and just booked 2 nites in late Sept.
Ask for "Dreams 2001" rate at ph. #(407) 351-1000 for $20.01 per nite. It expires Sept. 30.
You'll be transferred to another line, you might get disconnected...call again.
Normal room rate is about $75-$95 per nite.
Here's a link:
Radisson Universal

Good Luck!!
Jim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter