Universal Park Capacity

Austen

Earning My Ears
This week Disney announced it was increasing their park capacity from 25% to 35% Has Universal been transparent about their capacity limits? People who go on the weekends make it sound like it is so crowded that park capacity limits seem much higher than 35%

I have no idea. It is hard to get a good feel, because people's normal touring habits are different and some "crowd suckers" are closed so while the park may feel more busy, capacity may not be as high as you think, just more people are milling in the walkways. Also, with social distancing, a 60 minute wait now may only have been a 20 minute wait during normal conditions, so also is not a 1 for 1 match for capacity. If I had to guess, they are running somewhere between 40-50% but I would guess its about 40%.

The parks did not hit capacity last weekend and I feel like it was much busier than the last time I was there and it did. This is based on nothing but observation though. I don't think I've ever seen them specify their capacity numbers other than maybe in the very beginning.

The parks did not hit capacity last weekend and I feel like it was much busier than the last time I was there and it did. This is based on nothing but observation though. I don't think I've ever seen them specify their capacity numbers other than maybe in the very beginning.
I do wish they would be a little more transparent about this, especially with Covid numbers increasing. Hard to know if I should cancel my Christmas trip because it is crowded there now already and will probably only get worse now that they are opening more of their hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter