Universal Orlando Reopened June 5th! CityWalk Reopened on May 14th

When checking in, they moved our room so we wouldn’t be next door to another occupied guest room. I also heard it said that they won’t book the next guest into that room until 2 days after checkout. No housekeeping but guests can call to request anything they may need. It will be left in a bag hanging from your door so no person to person contact.

When we checked in on June 2, our TV remote didn’t work (no big deal, we understood it’s been sitting around for two months). I called the care line to get a new remote or new batteries. I was told engineering would have to enter the room to ensure the new remote worked so we’d have to vacate the room for 3 hours. I understand precautions, but this sounded like overkill. I asked if they could just bring a new remote and let us verify it worked but we were told no but maybe we could move rooms. Again, seemed like overkill but I also understand that it was their first day open with all these new policies. Ultimately, I went to the front desk and they were going to change the batteries but the battery cover is locked down with a screw so they couldn’t get it off. Ultimately, engineering delivered a new remote in a plastic bag and hung it on the door handle and it worked fine.

I was surprised that the electronic signs around the resort had not been updated yet. (Sorry it posted sideways)
Do you have to call for towels and toiletries to be replenished? What about trash removal? We are staying for 6 days, I’m hoping we don’t have to call everyday. The remote issue does seem to be overkill but it sounds like they are trying. I’m not sure how long they can keep that sort of thing up though!

Do you have to call for towels and toiletries to be replenished? What about trash removal? We are staying for 6 days, I’m hoping we don’t have to call everyday. The remote issue does seem to be overkill but it sounds like they are trying. I’m not sure how long they can keep that sort of thing up though!
Just call housekeeping for anything you need. They left extra trash bags in the room so we took that as a hint to dump our trash into the large bag. We didn’t fill it in 3 days.

Thanks for all giving updates and info!

Are the coffee makers still in the rooms (always bring my own Community coffee) or will I need to bring a travel maker?

Thanks for all giving updates and info!

Are the coffee makers still in the rooms (always bring my own Community coffee) or will I need to bring a travel maker?
Keurig still in the rooms at Sapphire.

Attachments

• 40872210-DCA7-42F4-B637-9E7EB609D8EF.jpeg
    40872210-DCA7-42F4-B637-9E7EB609D8EF.jpeg
    65.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

In reference to the VQ: Is there anything to stop any individual within a group from booking a ride time for the entire group? So, e.g., a group of six can grab six different ride times for the same ride the moment the VQ opens? If that is possible, it will cause the VQ for popular rides to fill up very quickly indeed. :(

In reference to the VQ: Is there anything to stop any individual within a group from booking a ride time for the entire group? So, e.g., a group of six can grab six different ride times for the same ride the moment the VQ opens? If that is possible, it will cause the VQ for popular rides to fill up very quickly indeed. :(

Nope. Their app just isn't equipped for that.

I wouldn't be surprised if they end up updating it to reflect that. But right now, no.

Hoping PFB opens in the next couple of weeks, have rez for mid August.
Pretty sure they are open July 1stish.
There were doing some renovations (I was supposed to go in march) so maybe they are wrapping that up quickly without people around

Not sure if this has been asked & not trying to start a debate either, but can anyone who’s spent the day the park tell me how was it wearing a mask. We have a trip in September & I’m going back & forth thinking I can, then I can’t handle a mask in heat. Not sure. So first hand accounts?

How are they doing dining reservations? App, walk up to restaurant, phone number? They used to only do it via the phone and maybe walk up. Thanks

Not sure if this has been asked & not trying to start a debate either, but can anyone who’s spent the day the park tell me how was it wearing a mask. We have a trip in September & I’m going back & forth thinking I can, then I can’t handle a mask in heat. Not sure. So first hand accounts?
I close threads when they become a debate but so far this thread has been smooth.

Check out reports on Twitter and other sources for ease of wearing a mask in the parks.
Statements and experiences have varied.

If you are used to wearing a mask in stores or while you shop, you may not have issues wearing them in the parks.
It can be different for everyone.

UO has “U Rest” designated areas in both parks where it will be a no mask area.

If you need a break with no mask, take advantage of the U Rest sections.

I live in Georgia and it’s hot here all this week.
Going to stores today and wearing the mask, not a problem.
Most get used to it.
I “practiced” wearing the mask on my patio during the day.
I’m able to wear the mask outside for 6 hours.

Maybe practice wearing your mask while you are in the house while you watch tv, read a book, cook food, etc

It was a bit hot and stuffy with a gaiter, but once we got inside air conditioning, it was fine so we often walked through shops for the cool break. We did lose a mask on Hulk, but they gave us a paper mask when we got off the ride then walked us to the gift shop to replace the Universal mask we had bought.

We saw quite a few people in City Walk not wearing a mask or not wearing it properly without anyone saying anything to them. In the parks, more people were abiding by the rules. Since it's allowed to remove your mask to eat or drink, many walking around with the Coke Freestyle cups had their masks down as they were always drinking.

Last edited:
I close threads when they become a debate but so far this thread has been smooth.

Check out reports on Twitter and other sources for ease of wearing a mask in the parks.
Statements and experiences have varied.

If you are used to wearing a mask in stores or while you shop, you may not have issues wearing them in the parks.
It can be different for everyone.

UO has “U Rest” designated areas in both parks where it will be a no mask area.

If you need a break with no mask, take advantage of the U Rest sections.

I live in Georgia and it’s hot here all this week.
Going to stores today and wearing the mask, not a problem.
Most get used to it.
I “practiced” wearing the mask on my patio during the day.
I’m able to wear the mask outside for 6 hours.

Maybe practice wearing your mask while you are in the house while you watch tv, read a book, cook food, etc

Yep, there is quite a bit of info out there.......I googled and found a lot of reports from folks.

@tsme most folks seem to find it ok, the ones I read were mostly wearing the lighter paper masks.

I'm here right now. Best investment I made pre trip is the double fan that goes around my neck. It's not sunny, and it's been raining off and on all day, We did visit the U-rest stop in what used tho be Sinbad show...we were the only ones there. It was a nice place to sit mask free, there was a good breeze going thru. I wear a mask daily, so being used to wearing it wasn't an issue for me. Between the sweat (hot flashes!)and rain I needed to switch out masks often. This is a test run for us, we have WDW booked for July. Bet the family doesn't laugh at my fans then!

When ordering food on the mobile app are you able to customize your food? Like can I order a burger with out pickles or am I out of luck?

I checked it out yesterday. I didn’t see any way to customize, nor are there any allergy warnings or labels for vegetarian or vegan options. Mobile order is a no go for anyone who wants changes or wants/needs to avoid specific ingredients.

I don’t understand the point of giving a cash refund for the passholder discount either. Cash isn’t clean. I rarely use cash anyways; I don’t want any. I’d rather pay in person, get my discount, and just wipe down my card afterwards.

I'm here right now. Best investment I made pre trip is the double fan that goes around my neck. It's not sunny, and it's been raining off and on all day, We did visit the U-rest stop in what used tho be Sinbad show...we were the only ones there. It was a nice place to sit mask free, there was a good breeze going thru. I wear a mask daily, so being used to wearing it wasn't an issue for me. Between the sweat (hot flashes!)and rain I needed to switch out masks often. This is a test run for us, we have WDW booked for July. Bet the family doesn't laugh at my fans then!
So good to hear this, as I got all of us one of those double neck fans as well! And hats with cooling gel that is supposed to keep your head cooler. Plus a variety of different type masks, so no hope of going bagless! I am interested in knowing if you could keep your neck fan on during most of the rides. I figure those that require lockers you can't, but hopeful we can during the others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter