Universal New Promotion 2 Park to Park, Buy 2 Get 2 Free versus Seasonal Pass

jerseygal

DIS Veteran
Just saw a new promotion on the Universal website, Buy 2 Days Park to Park Tickets, Get 2 Days Free Adult, $282.22 with Tax.Seasonal AP is $21.30 additional, total of $303.52 with tax. SO, the question is IF there is even a slight chance that a guest would return in the next year, why wouldn't you purchase the Seasonal Pass, of course knowing that there are blockout dates entire month of July, Xmas week, and concert dates? Certainly understand that many guests absolutely know that they will not return within a year.
Also, wondering if UT will lower their prices to compete with the new promotion, meaning will UT lower their 4 day park to park ticket?:confused: Just wondering.:confused: Thanks!:disrocks:::yes::

I'm sure UT will carry that same promotion. However, remember that you will only get credit for two days with that ticket if you upgrade to an AP.
Thank you!:goodvibes Think I will probably purchase the 2 Day, get 2 Free on the Universal site, then upgrade to seasonal before we leave park on last day. Makes sense to me, especially if there is a good chance we will return within a year. We never travel during July or Christmas Week, so won't be an issue for us. ::yes::

Thank you!:goodvibes Think I will probably purchase the 2 Day, get 2 Free on the Universal site, then upgrade to seasonal before we leave park on last day. Makes sense to me, especially if there is a good chance we will return within a year. We never travel during July or Christmas Week, so won't be an issue for us. ::yes::

We upgraded our two day park to park tickets to seasonal annual passes as soon as we arrived at Cabana Bay and I'm glad we did. I know merchandise/food discounts are not part of the seasonal annual pass, but some places still gave us a 10% discount anyways. Nothing is guaranteed or expected of course, but it never hurts to ask. :)

We upgraded our two day park to park tickets to seasonal annual passes as soon as we arrived at Cabana Bay and I'm glad we did. I know merchandise/food discounts are not part of the seasonal annual pass, but some places still gave us a 10% discount anyways. Nothing is guaranteed or expected of course, but it never hurts to ask. :)
Great idea, if we intend upon upgrading, might as well do it first day instead of waiting, never know if there is a discount!:cheer2:

Bummer. I already ordered buy 2 days get 1 free from UT for my family (needed to meet a minimum spend on a credit card for a bonus) at $270 each. This may have been better. At the time I didn't think they would need 4 day tickets, but some of them will be there an extra day. I'll have to look into returns on the UT website to see if it would be feasible to switch them. Depends on what price the UT tickets would be under this promotion.

Last edited:
Bummer. I already ordered buy 2 days get 1 free from UT for my family (needed to meet a minimum spend on a credit card for a bonus) at $270 each. This may have been better. At the time I didn't think they would need 4 day tickets, but some of them will be there an extra day. I'll have to look into returns on the UT website to see if it would be feasible to switch them. Depends on what price the UT tickets would be under this promotion.
”Had a feeling” with a promotion expiring 9/17 of one park per day that there would be something new out.

Yeah, if you need a 5-day Park-to-Park ticket, then it's an easy decision to get the Seasonal AP instead (assuming no blackout date issues). I just bought a Seasonal AP through AAA for a little discount.

Yeah, if you need a 5-day Park-to-Park ticket, then it's an easy decision to get the Seasonal AP instead (assuming no blackout date issues). I just bought a Seasonal AP through AAA for a little discount.
Wasn't aware that AAA would offer Seasonal AP. Guess I would have to check my individual club. Think all states might be different? How much was the Seasonal Pass through AAA? THANKS!:goodvibes:wave:

Yeah, we have blackout days... hmmm... now I'm wondering if we should do another day at SeaWorld instead of the fifth at Universal. It probably makes more sense but I really liked the idea of being based at Universal with just the two excursions (MVMCP and SeaWorld day). Add another day at SeaWorld and that's an excursion every other day which just somehow feels like a different kind of trip. Hmmm....

The 3 Park PROMO, Buy 2 Day, get 2 Free is $340.79 Adult including tax. Our DS is dying to go to Volcano Bay, but mid December might be too cold. Is there any advantage to us waiting till the day of arrival to purchase on line tickets, so that we have a better sense of weather? OR do we purchase the $282.22 promo including tax, 2 parks, buy 2 days, get 2 free, then upgrade if the weather looks good once we get there? THANKS as always!:dance3:

The 3 Park PROMO, Buy 2 Day, get 2 Free is $340.79 Adult including tax. Our DS is dying to go to Volcano Bay, but mid December might be too cold. Is there any advantage to us waiting till the day of arrival to purchase on line tickets, so that we have a better sense of weather? OR do we purchase the $282.22 promo including tax, 2 parks, buy 2 days, get 2 free, then upgrade if the weather looks good once we get there? THANKS as always!:dance3:

For some reason I think there is a short waiting period (a few hours). Let me investigate.

Last edited:
Wasn't aware that AAA would offer Seasonal AP. Guess I would have to check my individual club. Think all states might be different? How much was the Seasonal Pass through AAA? THANKS!:goodvibes:wave:

I'm in AAA South, and their non-Florida-resident price for a 2-park Seasonal Pass is $276 + tax. The USO online price for the 2-park Seasonal Pass (non-Florida) is $285. It's just a small discount, but also when you buy USO tickets from AAA, you get a card to present (with your AAA card) for discounts in shops and restaurants. Caveat: This is the first time I have bought a ticket through AAA, but it is my understanding that is how it works.

Am guessing there's not much discount wise for 2 days only (wont have time to add any more..). We are in Australia so cant get any of the local stuff.. TIA

For some reason I think there is a short waiting period (a few hours). Let me investigate.
Wondering if there is a short waiting period if you purchase either a 2 park seasonal AP or the buy 2 get 2 days free 2 park promo, then decide to upgrade to include 3 parks?:confused: Thanks very much! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter