Universal Military Salute Tickets for friends?

kittylady1972

Disneyholic
It's been a long time since we've purchase the Military Salute Tickets for Universal, but we have a trip later this month and planned to get them again. We are traveling with another couple, and I don't see any restrictions on the tickets other than the military person has to be present when you get the tickets. I know we just get a voucher from our local DoD office that we take to the front gate.

So can I assume that we can purchase 4 vouchers and our friends can use two of them when we arrive at the park together as long as we turn them in while we are all there? That seems to be the case but I'd love confirmation from others. Last time we bought them it was only for our family.

Its only for family - I just purchased them myself and they reminded me 6 times at the travel office that everyone has to show their military ID when activating the tickets

Its only for family - I just purchased them myself and they reminded me 6 times at the travel office that everyone has to show their military ID when activating the tickets

Interesting. I know when we had them before, only ONE of us was DoD (NOT Military) but we qualified to use them so the other adult would NOT have a military ID and of course neither did any of our kids.

Interesting. I know when we had them before, only ONE of us was DoD (NOT Military) but we qualified to use them so the other adult would NOT have a military ID and of course neither did any of our kids.

Apparently, it was being taken advantage according to the travel office

I've never had a problem adding on a non-family member. They are for anyone traveling with me.

Everyone's ITT says different things, you can't trust a word they say. I have to set my own ITT straight all of the time on Disney tickets, they are the most inept bunch of people ever.

My mom used her ID in May to get my brother and his kids in with her. They have used them many times with us and only the one ID holder has to show id

According to my CWF office (and of course YMMV) as long as I am present when the tickets are redeemed via the voucher and have my ID I can get them for friends. So we'll find out next week for sure I guess and I'll report back!

HHN here we come!

An update on this...I showed up at the front gate with my Universal Military Salute 4-day park to park voucher, my CAC and my husband and two friends with me. I have a NON-MILITARY DOD CAC and had no problem showing it and getting tickets for my friends, and the only one with the same last name as me was my husband.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter