Universal Military promotion tickets from Shades of Green?

fflmaster

DIS Veteran
I will be traveling with my wife, father, and mother. I know my father can purchase the Universal tickets thru shades of green at the same time I am purchasing my Disney Military promotion tickets. I know the Disney tickets will come activated to put on his disney experience account. How about the Universal Tickets? Do we activate them when we get down there or do we get the same tickets activated?

I had to go to Universal, and went to guest services just outside the Studios' gate, to activate them the last time I bought them, a few years ago. Like Disney, they asked for military id, and quickly gave us the tickets. I hope you have a great trip, even if you have to stop at guest services to activate. I do find the ITT workers at SOG to be helpful, so that's a question to be asked, if you want to be sure, when purchasing. It's a great deal, Universal's military salute tickets, and unlike Disney, can be used over the holidays, which is so nice of Universal.

What Lynne said is still correct. They give you a print out voucher that you have to take the ticket window to trade in for your Universal tickets. Now, that is the $200 or $240 4 Day Park to Park ticket.

Also, if you buy the Disney Military Salute ticket, you still have to go to the ticket window to activate them. At both places they need to see your ID and get names, addresses and birthdays of everyone in your party before you can enter the parks.

Once again, this info is for the most discounted, specialty tickets. If you buy the more expensive options, these rules may not apply.

Another tip beyond what you're asking -- I find the military tickets to be great to trade in for annual passes (if you're even staying 4 or 5 days worth it for discounts). One time, they gave ME a gift card back because my military pass was "worth" more than the seasonal annual pass.

What Lynne said is still correct. They give you a print out voucher that you have to take the ticket window to trade in for your Universal tickets. Now, that is the $200 or $240 4 Day Park to Park ticket.

Also, if you buy the Disney Military Salute ticket, you still have to go to the ticket window to activate them. At both places they need to see your ID and get names, addresses and birthdays of everyone in your party before you can enter the parks.

Once again, this info is for the most discounted, specialty tickets. If you buy the more expensive options, these rules may not apply.
hmm. we turned in our voucher at the concierge at RPH and all they asked for was our DD1172s. she stamped the voucher about a dozen times with big red 'redeemed' , nearly forgot to hand us our tickets and we were on our way. it was cheaper to do the 4 day P2P than it was to get the 3 day Florida resident P2P.

hmm. we turned in our voucher at the concierge at RPH and all they asked for was our DD1172s. she stamped the voucher about a dozen times with big red 'redeemed' , nearly forgot to hand us our tickets and we were on our way. it was cheaper to do the 4 day P2P than it was to get the 3 day Florida resident P2P.

I’m holding the voucher for the 3 Park 4 Day Park to Park promotion ticket in my hand right now. It says it must be taken to the front gate of the park. Are you talking about the same ticket? And was this within the last 2 years?

I have an AP, but I’ve gotten this ticket for my daughter every year for 9 years. I think maybe a few years ago we used the paper voucher, I kinda remember something like that, but for the last few years we have always had a hard ticket with her name on it.

I’m holding the voucher for the 3 Park 4 Day Park to Park promotion ticket in my hand right now. It says it must be taken to the front gate of the park. Are you talking about the same ticket? And was this within the last 2 years?

I have an AP, but I’ve gotten this ticket for my daughter every year for 9 years. I think maybe a few years ago we used the paper voucher, I kinda remember something like that, but for the last few years we have always had a hard ticket with her name on it.
It was a week ago. The $200 tickets. The concierge printed them out with our names. All we needed to do was finger scan at the gate. Bypassed Will Call completely. L

I guess because who did your tickets did not check for military I’d, as I assume they knew you. Normally, like Disney, because these tickets are a great deal., that both parks like to check that a military member is indeed the buyer of the tickets.

It is nice, that now you can get your tickets via vouchers redeemed at the hotels. That has not always been the case.

You will see in my first comment that they DID require our DD1172s. They Did NOT require address or DOBs.

Oh okay, and yeah when I did my DD’s ticket at guest services, unlike Disney, they did not ask for DOB either.

I have activated my military tickets at the resorts every time I have used them. I even traded them in and upgraded to annual passes this past trip just a few days ago. Not once have they asked me for my military ID. I always thought that was odd, but universal doesn’t seem to be as strict about these tickets as Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!