• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Universal in January 2002

steeder

Earning My Ears
We are taking an anniversary trip to Universal in early January 2002. We are trying to decide if the parks are crowded enough to justify staying at the HRH for FOTL. Also, would appreciate advice as to whether to book a hotel room now or wait until December or so and hope for a better last minute rate. It seems most internet rates require prepayment. Thanks!:wave:

We are going in March and are already booked. We are staying off site, mainly because there was no prepayment required if we booked through the hotels websites. If you want to stay on site, you will have to pay at least one nights room deposit. We are staying right across the street at one of the off site properties that got good reviews. We were able to just give a credit card number to hold the room until we pay upon check in. If you wait, it is almost certain that the onsite hotels will be booked and you will end up with a less than desirable off site proerty anyway, so why not book one of the off sites now, and then if you end up getting a room on site at the last minute, you could cancel the off site room with no penalties?

Thanks for the advice! Went ahead and booked Holiday Inn at Universal at 75 per night. I appreciate this board, it has helped me a lot.
Julie B

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter