Universal hotel question newbe

PrincessPiperMommy

Mouseketeer
I've been searching on here but I'm confused. I'm a Disney person but we want to try universal now that the kids are older. I've heard that we can stay at the hotel there and get something similar to fast pass. My question is can I book the hotel rack rate or do I need a package? Any other suggestions you have? We are looking at Nov 2020.

The 3 premier hotels (royal pacific, Portofino and Hard Rock) hotel roomkey allows the hotel guest unlimited usage for the express lines

No package is required
Staying at one of the 3 hotels has this free perk

Hi yes you can book the hotel rack rate as soon as your time frame opens up. The three deluxe hotels that Macraven references sleep five to a room and each person will get the express pass for check in and check out day. You could price out one person getting an AP due to the fact that you can get a discount on a room. I would stay away from the packages and do a room only then decide on tickets.

We have been doing Universal for many years now and only stay on-site. We have done a split stay with one of the value resorts then one of the deluxe resorts for a couple of days to get the express pass. Once you experience the express pass you won't want to tour any other way. All three of the deluxe resorts are very nice.

Any other questions just ask. Happy planning !

May I be so bold as to jump in with a query also?

Little background info:

I’m a total Disney gal also;
Like a few elements of us/ioa
(Dh the bigger thrill ride fan)
And actually hold seasonal annual passes for our forthcoming trip.

My Heart is truly with Mickey though.::MickeyMo::MinnieMo

My query:

We are a party of 5 adults, travelling in May with 2 universal virgins.
3 of us want to stay club level at deluxe resort for 1 night only...
2 would like deluxe; but finances may dictate something else

must have 2 separate rooms;
1) me, dh & dd1
2) dd2 &bf

Would it be more economical to book 5 into a room with our annual pass discount (on paper only) & then book cheaper value universal resort for dd2 & bf for sleeping quarters?
Or make 2 separate deluxe bookings-
1 with club level (for 3)
And standard (for 2)

I hope this makes sense!

There is a surcharge for additional adults (18+) per room for all the hotels

The first 2 adults on your ressie do not incur any additional charge

You can have 5 on your reservation but there will be 3 adults you pay addition fees per night

At the premier hotels it is $35 per night plus taxes

You can add them all to your room so they could have the ep perk
And.... they could book one of the value resorts for their actual stay

Run the room cost numbers to see if you can swing that

This way dd/bf can have their own
room and privacy

There is a surcharge for additional adults (18+) per room for all the hotels

The first 2 adults on your ressie do not incur any additional charge

You can have 5 on your reservation but there will be 3 adults you pay addition fees per night

At the premier hotels it is $35 per night plus taxes

You can add them all to your room so they could have the ep perk
And.... they could book one of the value resorts for their actual stay

Run the room cost numbers to see if you can swing that

This way dd/bf can have their own
room and privacy

Thankyou very much. :worship:

Thankyou very much. :worship:

We had a similar situation in November. I had 2 club rooms - 1 for DH & me, other for 2 adult DD's, for a week. Had a son-in-law and a boyfriend coming midweek so I also booked a non-club room for 4 nights. When SIL arrived he and DD1 moved into the non-club room. I went to front desk to add SIL to the club room so he could come with us, knowing there was an extra adult fee, but the lovely man at the front desk declined to charge me. We also added DD2's boyfriend and were not charged. I have no idea how typical this is, when adding more guests to a room later, perhaps they were feeling nice because it was Thanksgiving week.

Next stupid question that I've looked for...but I'll ask it.

What's the best way to book a Universal hotel? I want to book Hard Rock for next spring break. It seems everywhere I look, the price is pretty much the same, so I'm guessing it's in my best interest to just book direct with the hotel. We're only staying two or three nights before a Disney cruise (a three-way split vacation), so I'm pretty sure no packages are going to help me there. We also used a travel agent for the cruise; do agents get any sort of benefit that they might kick back to us?

I’ve never used an agent except for my first trip to Orlando in 1992

Since then, I book on my own

I call the hotel reservation # for bookings

I’d like to ask a newbie question-even though I’ve been to Universal a number of times already. Oh the shame!!! :-)

We’re staying at Porto Fino, and this time we bought tickets directly from Universal via a travel agent. We have our ticket confirmation number.

Can we get our park tickets printed at check in, or do we need to pick them up at the box office?

Thanks

PS ... I know we get our express passes in the hotel lobby.

I’d like to ask a newbie question-even though I’ve been to Universal a number of times already. Oh the shame!!! :-)

We’re staying at Porto Fino, and this time we bought tickets directly from Universal via a travel agent. We have our ticket confirmation number.

Can we get our park tickets printed at check in, or do we need to pick them up at the box office?

Thanks

I’m not sure, I’m arriving Monday, and hope to be able to get my tickets from hotel ticket desk. I bought my daughters ticket directly from Universal phone line, I had to call because this ticket is not on the Universal web site, then I bought myself an AP from AAA. Guess I’ll find out soon if we can redeem at hotel.

I`m not sure you know, but, now you don't need to get a separate EP......it`s just your room key again.....

I only mention it as I`m not sure when you were last there. August 2017 it changed back to room keys instead of getting your picture taken......

I`m not sure you know, but, now you don't need to get a separate EP......it`s just your room key again.....

I only mention it as I`m not sure when you were last there. August 2017 it changed back to room keys instead of getting your picture taken......

Thank you schumgirl!

We were there last in July of 2017 (I did know that). I still thought it was the kiosk/picture method.

Curious - do they take your picture and put it on your room key at the hotel - or is the picture thing gonzo??

Lastly, do you know if the email confirmation we received from Universal can be turned into a physical park ticket at hotel check in, or do we get that at the park entrance? ... or is that also now linked/part of your room key?

Thanks!

Thank you schumgirl!

We were there last in July of 2017 (I did know that). I still thought it was the kiosk/picture method.

Curious - do they take your picture and put it on your room key at the hotel - or is the picture thing gonzo??

Lastly, do you know if the email confirmation we received from Universal can be turned into a physical park ticket at hotel check in, or do we get that at the park entrance? ... or is that also now linked/part of your room key?

Thanks!

No, there’s no picture at all now. Wow.....July 17!! Doesn’t seem that long.......

They have been implementing facial recognition as you go through the EP line.......

Room key is still an entirely different entity to park tickets.......no connection whatsoever......

Sorry, I have no clue about how you get your tickets........they do have park ticket counters in all the lobby areas :thumbsup2

No, there’s no picture at all now. Wow.....July 17!! Doesn’t seem that long.......

They have been implementing facial recognition as you go through the EP line.......

Room key is still an entirely different entity to park tickets.......no connection whatsoever......

Sorry, I have no clue about how you get your tickets........they do have park ticket counters in all the lobby areas :thumbsup2

Thanks!

RE: schumgirl ... I meant to say "I didn't know that" vs. "I did know that" :-)

Lastly - I did call the hotel directly today - they did confirm that as long as you have a confirmation number, you can get your tickets at the ticket counter in the hotel lobby (at Porto-Fino Bay) ... I'm guessing the other hotels have this too).

Thank you schumgirl for your help as per usual.

Cheers

RE: schumgirl ... I meant to say "I didn't know that" vs. "I did know that" :-)

Lastly - I did call the hotel directly today - they did confirm that as long as you have a confirmation number, you can get your tickets at the ticket counter in the hotel lobby (at Porto-Fino Bay) ... I'm guessing the other hotels have this too).

Thank you schumgirl for your help as per usual.

Cheers

lol....no worries...…and you are very welcome......:)

That`s fabulous news....yes they all have the ticket desks in the lobby areas...….it`s always good to know things for sure......:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter