Universal Hollywood Forbidden Journey questions

sand2270

DIS Veteran
I'm having trouble finding the answers to these two questions:

1. Can you take a camera on the ride?
2. Can you just walkthrough or do you have to do the ride queue to see the inside of the castle?

Thanks.

I'm having trouble finding the answers to these two questions:

1. Can you take a camera on the ride?

NO :) On the ride you are seated on a hanging bench, and you have a pull down harness. The hanging bench runs on a celing track and you move through various scenes and screens. I was wearing a necklace and at one stage it was in my mouth. Its not like a rollercoaster though more like Peter Pan, jerky and twisting and turning.

At the start you have to put all loose objects such as sunglasses, hats, wallets bags etc into a locker or go bagless.

2. Can you just walkthrough or do you have to do the ride queue to see the inside of the castle?

YES you can walk through the Castle, which is basically a very long themed queuing area. At the very end you can just tell the CM you are not riding and they will direct you to the exit

NO :) On the ride you are seated on a hanging bench, and you have a pull down harness. The hanging bench runs on a celing track and you move through various scenes and screens. I was wearing a necklace and at one stage it was in my mouth. Its not like a rollercoaster though more like Peter Pan, jerky and twisting and turning.

At the start you have to put all loose objects such as sunglasses, hats, wallets bags etc into a locker or go bagless.

YES you can walk through the Castle, which is basically a very long themed queuing area. At the very end you can just tell the CM you are not riding and they will direct you to the exit

I posed my first question poorly. I meant can you take it with you through the queue to take pictures, not actually use it on the ride itself? I know you have to store bags before you get in the queue.

After being on the ride I would say no. There is a reason why they want everything in the lockers. What kind of camera would you want to have, ie what would you do with it once you get to the ride boarding area? The only way I could think of is if you just did one walk through the castle specifically to take photos and at the boarding area did not get on the ride and just went out the exit area.

My daughter and I just did the walk through and waited by the exit/rider swap room while my son and DH waited. It's amazing to see. it's like you are in Hogwarts.
I did take a picture (and stored nothing as we weren't riding) but it didn't turn out as it was dark. May have just been my camera (plus I took it at one of the special effects which probably doesn't come out well on camera.

I wouldn't take a camera. It's dark inside and pictures don't really come out well. I once (accidently) took my phone as it was in my back pocket and I forgot to give it to my husband. Halfway through the ride it slid out and I barely caught it before it went hurtling into the forbidden forest. So I wouldn't recommend talking anything on that ride!

I have videoed the entire queue then just tucked my video camera inside my zipped up jacket. Same with my phone for photos, I just put it in a zip up pocket. You should be aware that you go almost upside down in this ride, so if you are carrying anything you will need to make sure it is completely secured. I realise this is an old post but just in case anyone else wants to know, it can be done. The queue is awesome and well worth videoing.

My son has cargo shorts with big zippered pockets above the knees. We took our phones and just zipped them up in his pockets for it.

certain parts of the queue are so dark that if you are older with slow reacting eyes like me I couldn't see anything. my nephew had to act as my "guide dog"

It is sounding like this ride is pretty jerky and also motion-sickness inducing? If so, my bad back and neck, and my severe motion sickness probably won't tolerate it. Will I be able to go through the queue with my family and then not ride? Thanks!

It is sounding like this ride is pretty jerky and also motion-sickness inducing? If so, my bad back and neck, and my severe motion sickness probably won't tolerate it. Will I be able to go through the queue with my family and then not ride? Thanks!

Its not jerky, but more a rolling smooth. I would say yes to the motion sickness inducing though. And yes there is a chicken exit. The loading and unloading are almost in the same area, so you can go through the Castle / queue area and then just say to the ride loader that you are not riding and they will direct you to the exit where you can wait for your family who are riding. The exit leads into the shop, so you can wait for your family there too.

I can't talk from personal experience about the ride itself but my DH went on it and he was done for the day. It's apparently really cool (my DS love it!) but DH has a sensitive stomach and it did put him over. As for walk through...yes, you can (and should) go with them. You get to see the whole castle which is amazing. There is a waiting room right where they get off, so you can wait in there for them. They've set up the ride really well for that...for riders and non-riders.

I just rode on this yesterday for the first time. I also get motion sick but take meclazine before going to Disney parks with a high success rate. I didn't much enjoy Forbidden Journey. I didn't throw up, but I got zero enjoyment, that's for sure. and yes, I took meclizine. Pretty sure I would have vomited without it.

I just rode on this yesterday for the first time. I also get motion sick but take meclazine before going to Disney parks with a high success rate. I didn't much enjoy Forbidden Journey. I didn't throw up, but I got zero enjoyment, that's for sure. and yes, I took meclizine. Pretty sure I would have vomited without it.
Thanks for the input. Sorry you didn't enjoy it! Sounds like I probably wouldn't either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter