Universal Holiday Tour

https://www.travelpulse.com/news/en...nches-first-ever-universals-holiday-tour.htmlhttps://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/tickets-packages/universals-holiday-tour
We're going down to UO on Saturday and just saw this. Not sure if we'll do it, but I was curious about the "exclusive showing of The Magic of Christmas at Hogwarts Castle"...

I think I read they do that show about every 20 minutes. I thought about it as well, but 3 hours is a big chunk of time. Other than meeting the Grinch, nothing else is impossible to do on your own.

I got tickets to do this on the Sunday after Thanksgiving... going to see what reviews say and then cancel if it seems unnecessary. According to the UO AP Facebook page, this tour is the only way that you can currently see the Hogwarts castle show as it is not occurring nightly at this time. Hopefully they will throw in a ride or two with line access to make it worth it.

You can see the Grinch by making a reservation here: https://uoholidayphoto.splashthat.com/

However, maybe this is an enhanced Grinch experience. Otherwise, it seems like the main benefit of the Holiday Tour is the castle light show. I’m not sure I can justify $60/person for a family of four for that. I’ll be watching for reviews, though, in case it’s awesome. If you do it, please report back!

Did anyone see the cancellation policy? Considering buying tickets for next Tuesday night, but want the option to cancel if it doesn't sound worth it.

You can see the Grinch by making a reservation here: https://uoholidayphoto.splashthat.com/

However, maybe this is an enhanced Grinch experience. Otherwise, it seems like the main benefit of the Holiday Tour is the castle light show. I’m not sure I can justify $60/person for a family of four for that. I’ll be watching for reviews, though, in case it’s awesome. If you do it, please report back!
Thanks for the heads up. It looks like a whole bunch of dates from dec1-13 are unavailable. Do we think they’ve sold out already or just not been posted yet?

If you’re talking about the Grinch photo experience, I don’t know. When I registered last week, there was lots of availability. And I read somewhere that there’s a Standby line, but I don’t know for sure about that.

If you’re asking about the Holiday Tour, it seems like they’ve only released the week of Thanksgiving. I checked right after the news hit about the tour, and there were no available times for the entire month of December. So maybe keep checking?

If you’re talking about the Grinch photo experience, I don’t know. When I registered last week, there was lots of availability. And I read somewhere that there’s a Standby line, but I don’t know for sure about that.

If you’re asking about the Holiday Tour, it seems like they’ve only released the week of Thanksgiving. I checked right after the news hit about the tour, and there were no available times for the entire month of December. So maybe keep checking?
Thank you! I was looking for grinch photos but I guess they must be booked up then :(.

The Hogwarts light show is supposedly only 70 people per night and after park closes.

That’s what the ticket desk vip told us

It seems like the only thing they are really offering that you wouldn't get with the cost of your park ticket is The Wizarding Night Show. I really wanted to see that, but it would cost my family $300! Please keep me posted if what they offer is really worth $60 per ticket.

holy toledo - maybe it's just me, but this seems like an awful lot of money for what you get. :crazy2: Sure hope this isn't the start of the hard tic craziness that was WDW the past couple years pre-covid. UO has always refrained from too many of those, other than an occasional dessert party last year.

I just read the description of the tour, and I think it sounds fabulous! Yes you can do much of it for free, but this way you don’t have to waste time in a line. There are also a few extra perks like the postcard, cookie and hot chocolate bar, the Hogwarts ornament and then the biggie- the light show. I would guesstimate that the ornament, postcard and cookies & cocoa would add up to about $25-$30, so the remainder would be for the exclusive access to the light show and the front of the line for the rest. Some might not think it’s worth it but I would for sure do it if we were there. Sounds fun!!!

It was fun for me! I have opposing schedules usually with the person I did it with, so being able to go after they got off work was perfect. It started around 645 and we didn’t leave our guide till about 1045. We did the second night and that night they tested out having Hogs Head open, so people were able to get Butterbeer and whatever else was available. We didn’t get in line so we don’t know what all was there. It was worth it just to avoid the lines and be able to take things at a slower pace and appreciate everything, and of course see the hogwarts light show after not making the effort to see it for a few years.

So glad I saw this! I was super bummed about not seeing the Hogwarts Christmas show. I was able to get tickets for when I am there so now I get to!

What is the lightshow.?
Indoors?
How is it kept exclusive?
Thanks

Projections on the castle. Normally they happen year round and change with the season. Currently, it’s run only after park close and the area is cleared of everyone but those on the tour.

I got tickets to do this on the Sunday after Thanksgiving... going to see what reviews say and then cancel if it seems unnecessary. According to the UO AP Facebook page, this tour is the only way that you can currently see the Hogwarts castle show as it is not occurring nightly at this time. Hopefully they will throw in a ride or two with line access to make it worth it.
How was it? Worth the money?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!