Universal + Disney: Specific questions about transportation

JenniferH

Earning My Ears
We have a group of 5 with the following hotel/travel plan:
1) Fly in to Orlando
2) Universal for 2 days, checking out of Universal hotel on the 2nd day and switching to a Disney hotel
3) Disney parks/hotel for 4 days

Considering the size of our group and the fact that we will each have at least 1 big bag, what is the best way to do the following:
a) Transportation to Universal hotel from MCO.
This will be late at night (9pm or later depending if our flights are on time, etc)

b) Transportation from Universal to Disney.
This will be the evening of our second Universal park day, so I'm assuming we can check out of the hotel in the morning but have them hold our bags until we are ready to leave for the day. Is that correct?

c) When we leave Disney, we will be headed back to MCO. Does the free Disney shuttle have "hours"? We will need to be at the airport by 7AM.

b) Transportation from Universal to Disney.
This will be the evening of our second Universal park day, so I'm assuming we can check out of the hotel in the morning but have them hold our bags until we are ready to leave for the day. Is that correct?

Of course.

And I’ve never “checked out” of a Universal hotel. I just make sure anybroom charges are correct and go about my business. (Only checked out of a Disney hotel once, when we were heading over to a second resort and the magic band system required a true checkout first).

c) When we leave Disney, we will be headed back to MCO. Does the free Disney shuttle have "hours"? We will need to be at the airport by 7AM.

24/7.

Dme requires pickup 3 hours before flight time. Needing to Be there at 7 is going to be a very early morning ride.

My flight home from the upcoming trip is just after 7. I’m going to take a rideshare because of how early the flight is and I should have precheck and just don’t need ALL that time. No interest in dme at that hour. :)

When is your flight home? (Different than when you want to be at the airport.)

That will determine your DME pickup.

For transport from UO to WDW (and MCO to UO, if you don't already have that arranged), request an UberXL or Lyft Plus, either of which can seat up to 6 riders. If you can't fit everyone and all their luggage in the vehicle, you can then call for a 4-seater UberX or Lyft Basic. You will need to have a different person to request the 2nd vehicle. Get as much luggage as you can into the first vehicle; the smaller one may not be able to take more than 1 large bag.

At both MCO & UO resorts, you shouldn't have to wait more than 10 minutes for each vehicle to arrive. Don't request the first vehicle until you have your bags and are ready to go.

With 5 pp I’d price out 2 (with ME back to airport) or 3 way town car service

Search here, several favorites and get quotes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter