Unique things to do WITHOUT park ticket

Sdolores

Dis4mygirls
Hello,
I am looking for ideas. I have a full day to kill and would like to do something that doesn't need a ticket. I don't mind spending some money, but not VIP tour money. Any ideas? I am not looing for Disney Springs or anything like that . More of an experience. Can't be Morning or late night. I arrive around 10am. (April 13th)

If you enjoy fermented or distilled beverages take the MK monorail loop and hit a bar or 2 in the monorail resorts. Go to Boardwalk and rent a surry bike and cruise around the lake a time or two. While there, ride the Friendship boats between DHS and Epcot, they don't actually enter either park.

Bill From PA

There are 3 experiences you can do at Epcot in The Seas that don't require admission to the parks, I don't remember the actual cost per person but it was definitely less than $425 :)

A few off the top of my head, though I wouldn't necessarily call them "unique"...

Resort Hopping. Especially during Christmas when the resorts decorate; namely the deluxe resorts.

Miniature Golf is available.

Dining. Many options for fine dining in the various resorts. It depends on what you/your family is looking to do. There's anything from more formal dining at Victoria & Albert's to a family-friendly down home country show at the Hoop-Dee-Doo Review.

Boat rental. The monorail resorts allow you to rent boats of various sizes to tour around the Seven Seas Lagoon. My 8yo daughter and I rented a Sea Raycer during our trip in 2017 and had a blast. Great memory.

Last edited:

We did a half day at AKL, which was fun for our family...breakfast at Boma, then wandered around looking at the animals, there was a drumming workshop, then some naturalists set up with information for the kids, etc.

I enjoyed the Void or you could do horseback riding at Fort Wilderness. Not too expensive and a lot of fun.

We spent a half day touring the monorail hotels + WL via boat. It was at Christmastime so it was fun to see the decorations but even if you aren’t going at the holidays, I found it interesting just to check out the different hotel lobbies and theming. I think a PP might be on to something with going to AKL as well for an ADR and to see the animals.

My very favorite way to kill an hour is to grab something to read and find a shady spot by the pool while enjoying a Mickey Bar. Not an all day activity but a must-do on my list!

Not unique, but you can ride bikes, check out the boardwalk area, or pin trade or look for Hidden Mickeys at the resorts if you like to do those things.

AKL has a free restaurant tour. You could tour the monorail resorts. Hang out st the boardwalk. FW has lots of stuff to do. Carriage or wagon rides are fun. AoA has a free drawing class.

Horse back riding at fort wilderness is a lot of fun and if not that I would go resort hopping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!