Unique 11 month Home Resort booking

Drewferin

DIS Veteran
Just wondering is it common for people to book their home resort with every other day if they dont have enough points to cover a vacation? This would allow people with 2 home resorts to then at the 7 month window to book the days they missed to now have a full consecutive stay.

Example:
CCV and AKV home resources.

Use CCV points for 11 months windows to book:
Days 1,3,5,7 since they lack enough points to book it consecutively.

At 7 month window use AKV points to book days 2,4,6,8 at CCV.

Is there a chance somebody will book a day in between sure but only if they want a 1 day stay. Any thoughts on this type of booking?

Last edited:
Seems like a risky way to get your reservation. If your plan doesn’t work, say a few people book days 1 and 2. Others book days 2 and 3, day 2 could become unavailable, and so on. You risk having a useless, fragmented reservation.

Additionally, you’d have to book your checkered reservation one day at a time, as only (up to 7) consecutive days may be booked at day 1.

If it’s a hard to get time of year, it sounds like a waste of your home resort window.

The problem with your theory is that when you book non consecutive days you aren’t locking those days up for 1 particular room that is leaving single day openings. Since people arrive and leave all the time (sometimes with only 2 or 3 night stays) you could easily wind up with missing nights at 7 months. Also you would have to attempt to make 7 month reservations on multiple days to fill in all your holes. Then you’d have to contact member services to request them to combine all those single nights into 1 reservation.

And all it takes is one other room to be available or free up during that time for someone to book a consecutive stay and lock you out of this plan. I think the fallacy in the idea, if you don’t mind me saying so, is that there is an assumption that you would be booking the same room for each portion of stay. This would not likely be the case.

Thanks for your input and thoughts. I knew it was a pea brain idea but I thought I'd ask.

Also, there are many members who will book the nights that are available and then waitlist for the missing nights. Shorter waitlists tend to work more often than the longer ones, so that is not an uncommon strategy.

The "book every other" strategy may discourage some, but if what you are seeking is popular, it is unlikely to be successful.

If you know you are travelling at that time, with the points you described, I would book 4 nights at CCV and 4 nights at AKV. Knowing that you want to stay all nights at CCV, I would book the 4 nights which may be harder to get at CCV (ie. if you are travelling at Thanksgiving, book the 4 days around the actual holiday at CCV). You can then try to switch the AKV to CCV at 7 months. But if they are not immediately available, you can set up 2 waitlists. One for all 4 days, and one for just one day, immediately adjacent to the 4 you booked (the possibility of getting one night is greater than getting all 4 at once). If you fulfill the one night, change your 4 night request to 3 and add one more 1 night and so on. At worst, you would have a split stay, changing rooms once. But you would have all the nights you wanted to travel, and not be blocked out by not being able to get one night. At best, you would get your end goal of having all nights at CCV.

Just wondering is it common for people to book their home resort with every other day if they dont have enough points to cover a vacation? This would allow people with 2 home resorts to then at the 7 month window to book the days they missed to now have a full consecutive stay.

Example:
CCV and AKV home resources.

Use CCV points for 11 months windows to book:
Days 1,3,5,7 since they lack enough points to book it consecutively.

At 7 month window use AKV points to book days 2,4,6,8 at CCV.

Is there a chance somebody will book a day in between sure but only if they want a 1 day stay. Any thoughts on this type of booking?
Use the points you have to book consecutive days. Book either the starting day or the ones that you feel will be the most difficult. IF you can get an extra night going more weekdays, 5 instead of 4, I'd do that. Then if you have to wait list you can do that in 1 or 2 day segments. Or you could book CCV with those points and AKV with those and then if not available at 7 months out, wait list. That way you're trip is set, the only issue is where you are staying. This is one of the reasons it's helpful to have extra points, it gives a lot of flexibility and often increases the changes of getting what one wants.

You'd have to book all those odd days one day at a time since they are not continuing reservations. Same with your even days when you get around to booking them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!