Unintended Consequences of Disney’s horizontal point reallication

Johnny D

Mouseketeer
Though most likely, by the letter of the contract Disney was allowed to shift points between unit type accommodations, it seems pretty shady to me; especially how I remember the examples given to me during the purchase process of how reallocation worked. The example that was given was vertical shifts of points not horizontal shifts.

Anyway, moving on, I wanted to do an add on at CC. I was going to buy direct, however even with the new restrictions, the secondary market just became more attractive. I will now buy on the secondary market and buy a greater number of points with the dollars saved to account for Disney raising the point totals. Who knows, this year a studio maybe 17 points, three years from now it may be 21 points.

You don't have to use the points during your fixed week. You'll get an amount of points equal to the cost points needed to stay in your fixed week accommodations, but they can be used at another time or at another resort just like regular DVC points.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/purchasing-a-guaranteed-week.3436056/

What it has a possibility for is to be appealing for resale if it's a desired week but if one is going to never use it then there isn't any protection against point increases with buying a fixed week and there are no discounts available on the purchase. At this point I think there's getting to be a bit of a spread between CCV resale and direct that it's probably possible to benefit going that direction and getting more points with those savings vs paying even more direct for the fixed week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter