Unfair saving of pool chaises/chairs

GraceDVC

Happy to be a part of the "World"
I posted this thread on the DVC Discussion Board also:

On a recent tip to BWV, we found every chaise lounge and chair/table had towels (used or freshly folded) or personal belongings on them. After two walks around the main pool, someone noticed my DVC tote and said, "Wait, I'll free up two lounges for you both," for which we were most grateful. He removed two new folded towels from the lounges for us. But, we then realized that he had towels on seven lounges, holding them for family members who "might" want to come on down and use them! We were there two hours, and no one used the other lounges.

On another post about the YC/BC Stormalong Bay pool (where we will be vacationing this Summer, a comment was made about unfair "saving" of chairs/lounges with towels. I think that placing fresh, folded towels on lounges or tables to hold them for yourself or other members of your party should not be allowed; either place personal items on your lounge/chair when you actually come down to the pool, or rightfully acknowledge that anyone can remove the used towels on unattended lounges, or use the fresh-toweled lounges or chairs, when they arrive at the pool.

Can anyone come up with a better idea????

If there are no personal belongings on or right next to the chair, and there doesn't seem to be anyone around who seems to belong to the chair, as far as I'm concerned, the chair is available and I will use it. If people are going to "reserve" a whole slew of chairs for their party, then there better be people there to occupy them.

When we stayed at AKL last Memorial Day some woman took my chair and I had all kinds of thing on the chair and surrounding area. Some people will just take what they want and make excuses for their actions only if confrunted by someone... I told her it was my chair and she argued and argued, till Me and DH just moved over to another set of chairs........Ugh.......:cool: :cool: :smooth: :smooth:

Yipeeeee I just noticed I finally am a Dis Veteran!!!!!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

GraceDVC- I completely agree with you! How I would love to throw towels on chairs and "reserve" them for when we got aroung to actually enjoying the pool BUT we don't. Of course if someone is poolside, getting their drink or taking a bathroom break I expect them to keep their chair. My problem is the situation that you speak of; holding chairs for people that are not in the vicinity of the pool. I would love a solution to this problem. Threehearts

How about people who don't remove their used towels when they leave the pool. This really aggravates me. All you have to do is put them in the trash-like bins that say towels on them. I cannot tell you how many times I am left wondering is someone sitting here or not because they have just left their towels on the chair.

It's one thing if someone in your party heads down to the pool while you are finishing dressing, and gets a couple chairs, and you show up five minutes later. To me, that's not an abuse. But it's another when at 7:00am someone brings room towels down, puts them on chairs, and at 3:30 they show up to claim the chairs. That's just not right.

My feelings are that if there is nothing but a folded towel on a chair, and no one shows up to claim it for about ten minutes, it's not taken. If there are personal belongings on or around the chair, it's in use by someone who has temporarily left ot swim, get a drink, etc.

Regretfully some people will always have poor manners.

Anne

same thing, different place. It is very frustrating! The pool was virtually empty and all of the chairs were taken. About 1/2 were occupied, the rest were "saved". Gosh, that was years ago. I was a teen and I still remember how ridiculous it was.

When my best friend and I finally saw some people leave, (swimming around and waiting) --- you know, they took their stuff and actually left the premises we got a chair each. We swam for a bit and when we got back some older man took my chair! Put my stuff on the concrete. Beach bag, sunscreen the teenage works. UGH. A lady that was friendly, sitting beside us told us he came over and got it. Even after she said we were coming back! We were mad as all get out. (silly but true, on vacation no less)

So when he got up, in my adolescent anger --- I got my chair back. Just like him I picked it up and moved it. There I laid soaking up the sun. The lady beside us told me when he was coming back. And he came back alright. Mad as a hornet! Practically standing over me with his hands on his waist (so I was told). I didn't open my eyes, I was scared to death, I just didn't let him see it. I wanted him to know what it felt like. It was so rude!!!! And mean. (What I did, really wasn't any better, I justified it to myself at the time.) Luckily he left without saying anything. Let me tell you, you could have cut the tension with a knife. --- I wouldn't recommend doing that. I'm less the Thelma and Louise type now. ;)

Anyway, this thread brought back that memory. My best friend and I still laugh about it every now and then.

Annemarie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!