Undercover tourist to AP

cbonebt

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know what the wording should be on an undercover tourist ticket that gives you that great deal when trying to convert it to an Annual Pass. LIke with UT you pay for a 2 day ticket but get three or four days... then when you go to the customer service you can upgrade for free for an annual pass.... I know it is supposed to be worded a certain way. Thanks

You should be looking for one that doesn't say "promo" - typically, promo tickets also have a specific expiration date.

The Promo tickets are discounted directly by Universal, so Universal credits them at their discounted price.

The 'Buy 2 get X days free' promo's will only give you a 2 day ticket price towards upgrading... the extra promo days are worthless towards upgrading.

If you know you are going to buy an Annual Pass this is what we did:

We had regular 5 day 3 Park tickets paid $390 at Undercover Tourist... Universal price $436 for same ticket.
Seasonal 3 Park pass is $430 ($6 cheaper than the 5 day) so upgrade was free since got the Universal price as credit. Technically could have gotten the $6 back in credit, but didn't push the issue.
So ended up saving $40/pass.

You
The 'Buy 2 get X days free' promo's will only give you a 2 day ticket price towards upgrading... the extra promo days are worthless towards upgrading.

I’m not sure this is completely accurate. My friend bought the 2 park 2 days with 2 days free from undercover tourist. She was able to upgrade to a 2 park annual pass without any upgrade charge. She would have had to have had at least a 3 day pass for there not to be a charge. This was over a year ago though so it’s possible something may have changed. Or maybe it is the word “promo” you need to look out for as capslock stated above. In our case the “with 2 days free” seemed to work. She did only save $25 so not sure it’s worth all the trouble. We didn’t really plan to do this but thought we’d check to see what the upgrade would be because I’d convinced her we needed to visit again.

It's not really much trouble, saving $25 isn't bad.

In my experience the UT tickets that are buy 2 days get 1 free have come as regular 3 days tickets, not a promo. If it is a promo that Universal is running like the buy 3 get 2 free then those tend to be promo ones from UT also. Past performance is no guarantee of future results however.

You

I’m not sure this is completely accurate. My friend bought the 2 park 2 days with 2 days free from undercover tourist. She was able to upgrade to a 2 park annual pass without any upgrade charge. She would have had to have had at least a 3 day pass for there not to be a charge. This was over a year ago though so it’s possible something may have changed. Or maybe it is the word “promo” you need to look out for as capslock stated above. In our case the “with 2 days free” seemed to work. She did only save $25 so not sure it’s worth all the trouble. We didn’t really plan to do this but thought we’d check to see what the upgrade would be because I’d convinced her we needed to visit again.

I do believe there was a time they gave upgrade credit for all days on a promo ticket, but Universal wised up.

Also as mentioned above...sometimes 3rd party sites issue normal tickets instead of promo ones for the same price.

I can confirm that as mentioned above, UO well credit promo tickets with free days as 2 day tickets.

In case anyone is curious, we have upgraded our tickets to annual passes but were only credited the value of 2 day tickets not 5 day tickets. I had read that this might happen but was hoping we'd get the 5 day value. I had read that it might make a difference if we first entered the park and then did the upgrade inside the park so we did that but it didn't make any difference. It didn't appear to make any difference what the tickets themselves day; they just scanned them (which presumably says 2 days + 3 days promo) and have us the value from that.

The tickets themselves day "2 pk 5 days PROMO". We recieved $284.99 credit for them (value of 2 pk 2 day, 2 pk 5 day is $334.99) and the preferred annual pass that we exchanged them for are $394.99 so had to pay $110 each.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!