Undercover Tourist Resort Discounts are Awesome!

Lesley Wake

DIS Veteran
So I decided on AKL for a March long weekend trip. I was able to get a pool view room using the GP discount of 25% for a total of $1666. I was hoping for a standard because I know occasionally you can get partial Savannah views, but nothing has come up in my daily searches. Then I got the Mouseplanet newsletters and they mentioned the Undercover Tourist room only reservations. I decided to search, thinking nothing would be worth it. Well, they had a Standard view, for my dates, for $1340! That was a $320 savings and the room type I wanted! They also have the full refund cancellation up until a week before the trip. And immediately gave me a reservation number which I could link to MDE! I did have to pay off the whole thing at once, which was ok for me, but I guess some people may not have the immediate funds for.

So, if you don't have any luck thru Disney with room-only discounts, I can't recommend UT enough!

The UT rates are great! I'm trying to decide if I should pull the trigger or hope that Disney responds to my email first.....ACK!

Agreed. I got Beach Club for $279 and Coronado for $139 in January...and they did not charge more for 3 adults in the room.

Wow. I just checked the UT site, and the price for the stay I have booked through the Disney Visa offer in March is about $70 less on UT. Not a gigantic savings, but a savings nonetheless.

--edited for clarity--

Rates are even better than the agency exclusive rates but tickets are non-refundable and room and tickets need to be paid in full at time of booking.

Rates are even better than the agency exclusive rates but tickets are non-refundable and room and tickets need to be paid in full at time of booking.
Yeah, the paid in full can be a complication, but it was worth it to me! And the rooms are at least fully refundable!

We are doing a two week split stay so I would rather not pay all that money out up front.

anyone know if you buy tickets separate how do fast passes work?

anyone know if you buy tickets separate how do fast passes work?
I bought my sister's tickets thru them. You just load the confirmation/ticket code into your MDE and assign the ticket to the correct person. Then it's the same as if you bought direct from Disney.

Hey all! Has anyone booked a reservation with tickets through Disney, and then found out later that they could have saved money by going through Undercover Tourist? I'm just wondering if they offer all of the same perks and everything? I have some special requests and notes on my reservation based on prior conversations I have had with the CM associated with my current Disney reservation, so I assume none of those notes would transfer over. I also have current ADRs (no FP+ yet, trip is in Jan 2018) that I don't want to lose (BoG lunch!)?

Has anyone cancelled their Disney reservation and booked with UT to save money, and had no issues??

Hey all! Has anyone booked a reservation with tickets through Disney, and then found out later that they could have saved money by going through Undercover Tourist? I'm just wondering if they offer all of the same perks and everything? I have some special requests and notes on my reservation based on prior conversations I have had with the CM associated with my current Disney reservation, so I assume none of those notes would transfer over. I also have current ADRs (no FP+ yet, trip is in Jan 2018) that I don't want to lose (BoG lunch!)?

Has anyone cancelled their Disney reservation and booked with UT to save money, and had no issues??
So if you book with UT, it will be a new reservation. You would need to call Disney to get any notes or other things transferred. You can call up Disney to cancel the previous reservation and maybe they'll be able to transfer things (though I had issues with the DME reservation and had to call again).

For ADRs, those are attached to your MDE account, so will not be affected at all by cancelling the resort reservation.

For tickets, do you have a package or just tickets purchased and a room only reservation? If you have a package and cancel, you will need to make sure you purchase new tickets in advance of your FP date.

Basically, when you book a room thru UT they will give you a confirmation code. Then you go to MDE and click "link resort reservation". You put in that code and your last name and it will show up. That will allow you to book FPs at 60 days and everything. If you have any changes however, you have to actually call disney, can't do it online.

So if you book with UT, it will be a new reservation. You would need to call Disney to get any notes or other things transferred. You can call up Disney to cancel the previous reservation and maybe they'll be able to transfer things (though I had issues with the DME reservation and had to call again).

For ADRs, those are attached to your MDE account, so will not be affected at all by cancelling the resort reservation.

For tickets, do you have a package or just tickets purchased and a room only reservation? If you have a package and cancel, you will need to make sure you purchase new tickets in advance of your FP date.

Basically, when you book a room thru UT they will give you a confirmation code. Then you go to MDE and click "link resort reservation". You put in that code and your last name and it will show up. That will allow you to book FPs at 60 days and everything. If you have any changes however, you have to actually call disney, can't do it online.

I did purchase tickets on the original Disney reservation, but they are cheaper on UT. Would you suggest booking the UT deal and then calling Disney to cancel the original reservation but then transfer notes/requests to the new reservation? Something tells me they wouldn't be too happy doing that...

Good to know the ADRs are unaffected!

I did purchase tickets on the original Disney reservation, but they are cheaper on UT. Would you suggest booking the UT deal and then calling Disney to cancel the original reservation but then transfer notes/requests to the new reservation? Something tells me they wouldn't be too happy doing that...

Good to know the ADRs are unaffected!

They won't be able to transfer any notes/requests to the new reservation as you don't own it, UT does. But UT can add any notes/requests for you.

What I am stunned by is like of foresight by WDW. I can't get a discount thru Disney but get a hella discount thru UT. In the past it was never like this.

What I am stunned by is like of foresight by WDW. I can't get a discount thru Disney but get a hella discount thru UT. In the past it was never like this.
Pretty big discount too. I might save myself the aggravation of switching if it was only like $20-30, but the savings are significantly higher than that. It should be a no brainer, I guess. The only thing stopping me is the fact that UT now "owns" the reservation. Is that for the length of the stay? Can I still do online check-in? If I have a problem with the room assignment, do I request a different room through UT or from Disney?

Pretty big discount too. I might save myself the aggravation of switching if it was only like $20-30, but the savings are significantly higher than that. It should be a no brainer, I guess. The only thing stopping me is the fact that UT now "owns" the reservation. Is that for the length of the stay? Can I still do online check-in? If I have a problem with the room assignment, do I request a different room through UT or from Disney?
Ok, so I checked the UT website FAQ. They "own" the reservation, so any changes or special requests ahead of time would be done through them. But, you can still do Online Check-in thru Disney, customize Magic Bands thru Disney, and room requests thru Disney (or Touring plans automatic fax service). Once you are there, if you have problems, you would go to the front desk, direct to Disney. I am not sure yet about DME, so that will either be thru UT or Disney and it's not mentioned in their FAQ.

And yes, the discounts save so much money! Like I mentioned in the top post, I saved $320 and got a better room! I think Disney just expects that most people will just take what is available rather than search around!

I am not sure yet about DME, so that will either be thru UT or Disney and it's not mentioned in their FAQ.

Thanks for the info! Yes, the online chat I had with a UT customer service agent said DME is included, so I would think you would either call UT or WDW with the flight info. Although I heard there is an online page from WDW where you can input it yourself?

I bought my sister's tickets thru them. You just load the confirmation/ticket code into your MDE and assign the ticket to the correct person. Then it's the same as if you bought direct from Disney.

Does Disney still send you your magicband or do you get them when you check in?

Do you have to click thru a newsletter link like with the tickets? I just priced out May and sept on their site and it is way more expensive than the agency exclusives I had quoted for both trips.

Do you have to click thru a newsletter link like with the tickets? I just priced out May and sept on their site and it is way more expensive than the agency exclusives I had quoted for both trips.
No, I just went to their website. It could be the luck of the draw and maybe their more discounted rooms are already gone for your trip dates! Also, general public discounts haven't been released for those time frames yet, so the UT rates could go down?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter