UNDERCOVER TOURIST REFUND?

I just got off the phone with a helpful representative from UT. I have tickets for 4 adults, 1 child in the first week of May 2020. My scenario is that my parents have completed canceled their trip while I am trying to reschedule for later in the year. The tickets were purchased in the "same batch."

Edit to Add: I have E-Tickets.

1) Right now: UT can process a refund at 95% of the ticket value with processing of 4 - 6 weeks. However, it has to be all tickets because they were purchased together. I cannot split up my parents tickets and get only their portion refunded.

2) Future: If the park is still closed at the time of my trip all tickets will automatically roll to that December 15, 2020 extension. I will then have two options. The first is I can still call UT for a 95% refund for all tickets. The second is I can reach out directly to Disney and request a gift card for the value of my tickets. This amount is, most likely (per UT), the face value of what I would have paid if I went directly through Disney. Additionally, I will now have the ability to split up our tickets; using mine potentially in the end of the year and requesting a gift card for my parents.

I've been getting conflicting information from multiple direct sources (Disney reps seemed really confused) so I did call UT twice, got different reps and asked the same questions. The information above was confirmed by both. So, give UT a call to discuss your options.

Good luck to all!

Last edited:
Those of you who still have UT tickets liked to your MDE accounts - Have you seen the expiration dates extended until December yet? My tickets (e-tickets) have use dates of April 2-9 but still show those dates (have not been changed to reflect an extension). I guess I'm getting a little antsy because my son has a (non UT) ticket in his MDE account from a school sponsored spring break trip that was supposed to start March 27 and that ticket was updated to show a Dec expiration date almost two weeks ago.

Give things some time to shake out and give UT time to handle the ultimate outcome of the situation.

Last edited:
I just got off the phone with a helpful representative from UT. I have tickets for 4 adults, 1 child in the first week of May 2020. My scenario is that my parents have completed canceled their trip while I am trying to reschedule for later in the year. The tickets were purchased in the "same batch."

1) Right now: UT can process a refund at 95% of the ticket value with processing of 4 - 6 weeks. However, it has to be all tickets because they were purchased together. I cannot split up my parents tickets and get only their portion refunded.

2) Future: If the park is still closed at the time of my trip all tickets will automatically roll to that December 15, 2020 extension. I will then have two options. The first is I can still call UT for a 95% refund for all tickets. The second is I can reach out directly to Disney and request a gift card for the value of my tickets. This amount is, most likely (per UT), the face value of what I would have paid if I went directly through Disney. Additionally, I will now have the ability to split up our tickets; using mine potentially in the end of the year and requesting a gift card for my parents.

I've been getting conflicting information from multiple direct sources (Disney reps seemed really confused) so I did call UT twice, got different reps and asked the same questions. The information above was confirmed by both. So, give UT a call to discuss your options.

Good luck to all!

Thank you for posting- your situation is similar to mine. I bought tickets all together for 9 family members. They were e-tickets and linked a few weeks ago for our early May trip. We have since rescheduled for October, and I know we can move the dates, but for SOME of our group, we now need 6-day tickets instead of 3-day tickets. I am thinking my best bet is to ask for a refund for all and then repurchase?

I called yesterday, and talked to a very nice person about hard tickets that were purchased for our May trip. Because our May trip got cancelled, we changed the dates for the tickets on MDE. That changed everything she said. I was told it now had to go to her manager and then for Disney to make the decision regarding a refund. Believe me, I would be more than happy to pay a restocking fee, to recoup most of the cost of tickets we won't be able to use this year.

requested a refund to e-tickets already linked thru email. They stated I could get a refund, minus 5% stocking within 14 days. This was sent in a blanket email from the company. I sent back the info they requested and have not heard a peep....we will see in 14 days I guess.
So you never received a response after you sent email with your info? I sent back my name and order number and never received any response going on a week now. So, you are going to just wait 14 days to see if credit comes through? I thought about calling but I know they are busy.

So you never received a response after you sent email with your info? I sent back my name and order number and never received any response going on a week now. So, you are going to just wait 14 days to see if credit comes through? I thought about calling but I know they are busy.

I actually got an email today letting me know they were processing it and would be in touch via email with the amount to be credited back to my card.

Anyone else have any luck getting a refund? We are going in June and debating what to do. Mine are e tickets that have already been linked to MDE. Are they still taking a 5% restock fee?

I just called (call got picked up immediately; no wait) UT to see my options for an 8-day park hopper for 2 adults and 2 children starting on 4/11. I got the expected options:
1) They are/will be automatically extended to the end of 2020
2) Can get a credit with Disney for future use
3) 95% refund from UT (2-3 week processing).

Since we have no idea when we will set this trip up again (from CA), I took option 3. I don't mind the 5% charge. They are doing me a solid and probably struggling a lot more than me during this time.

question for anybody:
Do you have to return every ticket on the order, or can you do partial refunds? For example: returning 2 hard Disney tickets when the order had 3 tickets, and it's still within 90 days.

question for anybody:
Do you have to return every ticket on the order, or can you do partial refunds? For example: returning 2 hard Disney tickets when the order had 3 tickets, and it's still within 90 days.

every ticket on the order. I saw it posted in either this thread or another on DIS

I reached out to UT a few days ago about Disneyland e-tickets that I had purchased for our June trip. I hadn't linked them yet since there is no point with DL until you get there (no schedule ahead FPs). They responded today that I would be getting a 95% refund and that they would send an email confirmation when it was completed, but it might take 2 weeks or so since they are overwhelmed. I'm extremely happy with that since the e-tickets are normally non-refundable. So reach out to them if you haven't!
as long as you are happy
This is so good to hear. Better to lose $50 than the whole nearly $1000. I hope I have this luck. Thanks for posting.
I would tell them I want it all back.
Disney confirmed refunds, (at least in my case) look at the number of previous orders.
better for them to lose nothing by refunding it all vs me going somewhere else and losing a lot in the long run.

before anyone makes a comment/asks about the prices, yes - you can get cheaper tix other places but I have had good luck with UT so it’s worth the extra in most cases.

question for anybody:
I'm not sure the previous reply was for hard tickets, unless it is a new policy. I have in the past been able to return some of the hard tickets I bought for Universal. Why not just ask UT? They will respond to email, it may take a few days up to aweek though.

I'm not sure the previous reply was for hard tickets, unless it is a new policy. I have in the past been able to return some of the hard tickets I bought for Universal. Why not just ask UT? They will respond to email, it may take a few days up to aweek though.
We all ended up deciding to return our tickets, so I didn't ask in my email. Sorry to anyone looking for confirmation on this.

I would tell them I want it all back.
Disney confirmed refunds, (at least in my case) look at the number of previous orders.
better for them to lose nothing by refunding it all vs me going somewhere else and losing a lot in the long run.

Don't they have a 5% restocking fee normally? Even though Disney is closed I don't think them continuing to charge the 5% is out of line....especially as they are being accommodating and refunding some tickets that normally wouldn't be covered by their refund policy.

Anyone else have any luck getting a refund? We are going in June and debating what to do. Mine are e tickets that have already been linked to MDE. Are they still taking a 5% restock fee?
I got absolutely nowhere with them on a June dated ticket. They just keep pointing out that the tickets hold their value.

Don't they have a 5% restocking fee normally? Even though Disney is closed I don't think them continuing to charge the 5% is out of line....especially as they are being accommodating and refunding some tickets that normally wouldn't be covered by their refund policy.
its not out of line but since Disney has said to refund tickets in full and had costumers do a three way call, they should know and just do it automatically.
instead they are most likely charging 5% and then getting a full refund anyway on their end.
that is shady

I filed chargebacks with my credit card company for my tickets in May; I have tried for the last month to get UT to refund park tickets to no avail. Their voicemail box is always full, and you cant leave a message. Email resulted in canned responses from no real employees. Went to corporate management at the ticket office at WDC as well. They are also trying to contact UT. CC company should take care of it. Parks are closed through June. Chargeback filed for services unable to be rendered/fulfilled.

Good luck to all!
That's what i was told by Disney directly. I didn't bother involving UT, just had Disney process the refund directly to a gift card because the only reason i want the refund is to get the free dining i had to book a package in August. Still waiting on confirmation from disney and the tickets to come of MDE but it's only been 4 days.

Hi I am just following up to say they are refunding me minus the 5% fee. I didn’t want to save them for potential trip next year. I feel we need they money now with my son out of work and my pay cut. I would use them again but probably get fully refundable tix next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter