Unactivated AP vouchers

CJMickeyMouse

DIS Veteran
I am thinking of buying AP's at the Disney Store but we are not sure when we will be returning to WDW. It is my understanding that this voucher never expires, and will not be activated until we activate it at WDW.

Is this correct?

I know I have read there was a window of activation - I did not think that was true, but I want to be sure before I purchase!

Thanks for your help!

I don't know about regular season passes, but when I bought my Florida Seasoanl Pass voucher it had to be activated within 1 year. If you buy your season pass voucher from the Disney store, it should be printed somewhere on the voucher

I have unactivated vouchers from TDS and they don't say anything about expiration. I have had a difficult time finding out if they expire and when. Several people (at Disney) have said they don't expire, but since some people I talked to didn't understand the difference between actual passes & vouchers, I have a hard time trusting in Disney info. Sad, isn't it?

Thanks for your responses....

I think Disney needs to be more clear with their rules on tickets. I just have a bad feeling that if I buy AP vouchers to avoid a price increase, I will lose in the end. If I have a voucher in hand, and they decide to make it invalid, that is totally unfair. Now if the voucher has a deadline for activation, I can accept that. It just needs to be stated up front.

It just seems that Disney wants to keep the door open for them to change any, all or just a few of the rules anytime they please. I would like to think I could buy a voucher and rely on Disney to honor it. But I am not so sure. I can't drop everything and go to Disney anytime (as most people can't). If they would say my voucher must be activated in the next three months at any given time, I am out of luck.

It's best to know you are definatly planning for a WDW trip,before you start buying any pieces of the trip.

It sounds like Park Hoppers or Park Hopper Plus are what you need,as they are good indefinatly.

Thanks tink2dw, I understand what you are saying, but that won't work for us. We take one two week trip with AP's and then *hope* to make another short budget trip before the AP's expire. I just hoped to have some of the expense out of the way by buying AP's with my change jar as I got enough cash.

On the bright side, if I wait and Disney offers a 2 for 1 deal on AP's or something like that... I would be able to take advantage. Hey, a girl can dream, can't she???!??! :D :D :D

Last year we bought an AP for our April trip. I panicked when we had to cancel the trip - what if the voucher expired??!! I called Disney and a CM named Buster told me they never expire! We are definately going to WDW this April and I fully expect to turn in the voucher for an AP!:D

I was told that they never expire , the only time they would have a time on them, is if
you already had an AP and that one ran out and you went to your disney store and brought one, that one would start where your other one stopped, as this ticket would be a renewal ticket even through it was still in a voucher form. so that one would expire even if you used it or not if you got the renewal rate. I was told by MC that they used to let people buy them and would not start them until they used it the first time, even if it was a renewal disney has now stopped doing that.
the only time that they will not expire is if your first time or if you are not renew your old AP.
I brought my ticket 2 months before going to disney and the time started on the first time that I used it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter