*Un*Official Dis Family Reunion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any thoughts whether Sunset Point at Boardwalk would allow folks to hang out there if there's not a reserved function underway? I can't remember if they have it closed off when not in official use.

Hi, I am booked with my husband for the event. We have not picked out a place to stay yet. I noticed that there is a list for a "possible" Dis Live Taping. I don't see any "official" schedule for actual DIS events. Does anyone know where the official schedule is, beside the GKTW events page? Thanks.

Last edited:

HI. Does anyone know where the "official" events page is for the Dis Family Réunion event? I have alot of questions concerning if these event are going to be all day, part day or evening only events? I am looking for info regarding the actual event so I can tell if there will be time to even go to a park. Thanks.

HI. Does anyone know where the "official" events page is for the Dis Family Réunion event? I have alot of questions concerning if these event are going to be all day, part day or evening only events? I am looking for info regarding the actual event so I can tell if there will be time to even go to a park. Thanks.
I don't think any of that info has been released yet.

Who is staying where/when?
BLT/Contemporary

OKW Lover & Val 3/25-27
Bartleyosu 3/26-28
Hedberg1661 3/24-28
Cheri Of All Trades 3/21-28
MrsInsG 3/25-28
Merry Mousketeer 3/24-29
Bedsypoppins 3/25-28

Offsite
DisneySteve 3/20-29
TheMaxRebo 3/24-28
Dsanner106 3/19-3/26 (extending to the 28th prob.)

Here's my latest thoughts on booking... I'm thinking of starting my stay as close to the event as possible, because.... I'm nervous about 30 day point holding if the event gets postponed. My reason is to come down to see y'all (my DIS chatterati and friends) and to ride RotR, finally at last! and who knows.... JetFuel shots towards the end of the night at Oga's? ;)

But, I see that this is Palm Sunday weekend, which would mean extending into April and the Easter celebrations. I'm a little nervous about higher crowds during that timeframe. Aside from the obvious price and point increases, is the week leading into Easter usually a higher attended time?

Back to thread... I think we should definetly make an early arrival [EDIT] Wednesday evening unofficial event. Also a Zoom Karaoke.... because Karaoke.

Last edited:
So how many of you believe that this event is actually going to happen as scheduled? Cancellations for 2021 events are starting to trickle in. They announced yesterday that the Boston Marathon scheduled for late April has been cancelled/postponed. RetrowWDW announced the other day that their 50th anniversary event for October will be postponed. Seems to me the prospects for a large gathering in March aren't looking great.

So how many of you believe that this event is actually going to happen as scheduled? Cancellations for 2021 events are starting to trickle in. They announced yesterday that the Boston Marathon scheduled for late April has been cancelled/postponed. RetrowWDW announced the other day that their 50th anniversary event for October will be postponed. Seems to me the prospects for a large gathering in March aren't looking great.
They are supposedly following all of Disney’s capacity restrictions, at least.

Interesting question ... WDW seems to be trying to open a bit more with the announced opening of All Stars Movies in February (and AoA is opening shortly), but obviously a lot of other areas, specifically in Europe are seeing additional lockdowns and Disneyland Paris is reclosing

I suspect WDW will still be open and a trip could be planned for then, but much less confident in there being able to have conference rooms full of people (even masked) for events like are planned ... maybe it is adjusted to some things being virtual but outside stuff still being able to happen?

much less confident in there being able to have conference rooms full of people (even masked) for events like are planned
Exactly. It's not the private party in the park that would be the issue. It would be the rest of the event. They haven't really announced what's happening yet, but if they're bringing in some of the typical speakers and Disney Legends, will those folks be willing to put themselves in harm's way? And they likely won't be able to do any type of meet and greets with speakers or anything where people are mingling.

Exactly. It's not the private party in the park that would be the issue. It would be the rest of the event. They haven't really announced what's happening yet, but if they're bringing in some of the typical speakers and Disney Legends, will those folks be willing to put themselves in harm's way? And they likely won't be able to do any type of meet and greets with speakers or anything where people are mingling.

If you look under Presenters on the event link (https://gktw.org/disfam/presenters.php) there are a quite a few already set up (though no details about when they would be presenting or format though) ... several of them are panels (Bear in the Big Blue House Reunion, etc) so I assume be better with everyone in one room, but could be virtual

I agree the SW:GE park event could go on, considering the park is already open and running. I'm already on record about the timing of the event in general, so I won't repeat that.

As far as the panels, yes they could be virtual I suppose, but wasn't photo/meet/greets mentioned somewhere? Maybe in the FAQ? Anyways, it would have to be an epic event, and likely tied to music, to get me to stay indoors for an extended period of time. If I were to attend a panel, (assuming that masks are required to enter), you'd probably find me in near the back third of the room with binoculars while wearing a wrap/cloak or outfit that I can easily decontaminate afterwards. (So no "special dress" outfit for indoors)
Now, an outdoor walk on the grounds.... Why, yes! I do think a Posh Party Stroll would be lovely.

Sorry I haven't been keeping up with this, I decided to get arthroscopic surgery on my right knee sooner rather than later and had it done 3 weeks ago. I'll update where everyone is staying tonight. Also someone asked where the "official" list posted. It's on the Give Kids The World website.

Also, did anyone else notice the spring discounts are lower than the event discounted rooms???

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!