*Un*Official Dis Family Reunion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so some serious FOMO has been kicking in and we really could use something to look forward to (virtual school is going *that* good), that we are now planning to come down during the event

Still not positive we will get tickets for the actual event (just not comfortable booking something for that much money that is non-refundable) but looking at different options for where to stay (that are refundable)

My kids have their spring break the week after so we are actually thinking of booking a house/airBnB for like 2 weeks and doing virtual work/school from down there and then fun stuff in the evenings the first week and then really hitting the parks the second

Also thinking of spending some time at Universal as that new coaster is really intriguing me ... I haven't been since 2000, anything new since then? ;)

I'll update you when we have more concrete plans but for now out plans are somewhere off-site from March 21 - April 3rd

I totally agree Phil. I’m still on the fence but will think about it for a few more weeks. I do wish they were looking at dates in late spring -say May. Now that Florida is moving into Phase 3 I’d be curious to see how things go.

I totally agree Phil. I’m still on the fence but will think about it for a few more weeks. I do wish they were looking at dates in late spring -say May. Now that Florida is moving into Phase 3 I’d be curious to see how things go.

Well, we wound up booking a place - off property townhouse ... And we can cancel with 100% refund up to 24 hours before we check in. Figure this let's us have something to look forward to but if things aren't looking good, not out anything

We'll hold off on buying event tickets (if we even do - might just do low key/unofficial stuff)

Well, we wound up booking a place - off property townhouse ... And we can cancel with 100% refund up to 24 hours before we check in. Figure this let's us have something to look forward to but if things aren't looking good, not out anything

We'll hold off on buying event tickets (if we even do - might just do low key/unofficial stuff)

That's a good idea ...been a while since I stayed off property so maybe now is the time.

Would sunset point at the Poly seems like a good place for an unofficial meet? Perhaps a picnic or tea? (I'm not sure of the rules in that area....Sunset point is the hill that overlooks the bungalows and lake.)

Would sunset point at the Poly seems like a good place for an unofficial meet? Perhaps a picnic or tea? (I'm not sure of the rules in that area....Sunset point is the hill that overlooks the bungalows and lake.)
Nice location. Can't remember if that is still available now that the bungalows are there.

I know in the past we have had a few meet ups at this area at the Poly - including that is where we met with Steve and Makayla Porter for their Dole Whip event

Only thing is there is construction scheduled at the Poly until next summer so not sure if meeting up there will work in March

Only thing is there is construction scheduled at the Poly until next summer so not sure if meeting up there will work in March
True. If the resort is still closed, that probably won't be an option, especially if the monorail still isn't stopping there.

True. If the resort is still closed, that probably won't be an option, especially if the monorail still isn't stopping there.

all excellent points here and upthread! Also, I realized that having a picnic or tea would mean taking off masks. So, not a great practical idea all around for aforementioned reasons.

Thanks for taking this on Danielle. I haven't been able to purchase my tickets yet but I'm hoping I can before they become non-existent. Every time I get ready to buy, something comes up and takes my $400. UGH. If I am able to go I'll definitely want to have some fun with you great people again. :-)

What about meeting at the Boardwalk? Lots of room to spread out. you can get a drink if you want. I think if you are wearing your mask and not standing on top of people it is just as safe as being in the parks and I want to see everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter