*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m trying to, (originally order a purple one) but currently the website won’t let me, either too many people trying to get them, a glitch on my end or they’re not available to overseas guest yet.

I will try again later when I can use a PC rather that the app.

Thanks @TheMaxRebo for the picture as at least I can see what I can get (if they ever let me) :cool:
It's not just you, its buggy for people here in the US. Disney IT at its finest. I got a band to go through on the first half of my stay by pure determination and hitting retry quite a lot. For second half of split stay I can't even get to the customize window.

I’m trying to, (originally order a purple one) but currently the website won’t let me, either too many people trying to get them, a glitch on my end or they’re not available to overseas guest yet.

Thanks @TheMaxRebo for the picture as at least I can see what I can get (if they ever let me) :cool:

it's definitely a case of Disney IT striking again - not on your end. Lots of people reporting issues

**** New UnOfficial Event!!! ****

We are pleased to announce a new event to take place during the week ... an EPCOT Scavenger Hunt!!!!

Overview:
Test your knowledge and have some fun participating in a scavenger hunt at the one and only EPCOT! The contest will take place over the course of the event (from at the UnOfficial Welcome Party until the Pandora Party) and will have you answering trivia questions about EPCOT and taking pictures of various landmarks and hidden details in the park itself. Prizes will be awarded!!!!

Details:
1) Teams of up to 4 (or family-size any amount above that)
2) The Scavenger Hunt will officially start when the Welcome Party kicks off - so 4pm on Tuesday, August 7th and time is up when the Pandora Party starts at 11pm on Saturday, August 10th
3) Pictures and answers to questions must be submitted with the names of everyone in the group by August 10th at 11 p.m. Late entries will not be accommodated.
4) Questions and tasks will be given out at the Pop Century Kick-off Event (Wed Aug 7th at 4pm). If you are not attending the Kick-Off Event or if you won't be at Walt Disney World yet, we will have a way to get the questions to you when the Scavenger Hunt begins (likely a conversation here on the Boards and/or a PM on Facebook). Please comment below if you plan to participate in the Scavenger Hunt, but you won't be able to receive the questions at the Kick-Off Party.
4) Questions and tasks will take place throughout EPCOT. Some will be harder than others. The questions and tasks will be worth a variety of different point levels. Questions and tasks can be found anywhere in EPCOT from the entrance, Future World, World Showcase, International Gateway, EPCOT entertainment, and EPCOT attractions.
5) The team with the highest amount of points will be awarded the winners of the scavenger hunt. If there is a tie, there will be a tiebreaker question asked to the teams that tied before a winner is announced. First to answer that question will be awarded as the winners.
6) A prize will be given to the winning team. The prize hasn't been fully determined yet, and will be announced later. (But I am sure it will be FABULOUS!)
7) We would ask that each team consider making a $10 donation to Give Kids to the World. A donation isn't required to participate in this event.

It will be determined at a later time on how we will get the answer to the questions, as well as, the pictures that correspond with specific questions. Please note that it might be by email or text.

Registration for this event is ready to begin. Please come up with the members of your team and your team name. When you are ready to submit, please send this template to @AMusicLifeForMe in a private message or comment on the Facebook post.

Team Name:
Team Captain:
Team Members (Up to 3 extra members or family-size):
Disboards names (Please mark team captain with a #):
Will you be at the Event Kick-Off Party (Y or N):

Let us know of any questions!!!!

**** End New UnOfficial Event!!! ****

Last edited:

yes, i keep getting a notice that stitch ate my page...

Yay I finally got one, whoop whoop!!

I went for the Disney Snack MB as to be fair, my trip will consist of meeting you guys, snacking, taking part in events, snacking, visiting the parks, snacking, going to the party, snacking and maybe if I have time, some more snacking lol :mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar

We are pleased to announce a new event to take place during the week ... an EPCOT Scavenger Hunt!!!!

Overview:
Test your knowledge and have some fun participating in a scavenger hunt at the one and only EPCOT! The contest will take place over the course of the event (from at the UnOfficial Welcome Party until the Pandora Party) and will have you answering trivia questions about EPCOT and taking pictures of various landmarks and hidden details in the park itself. Prizes will be awarded!!!!

Details:
2) The Scavenger Hunt will officially start when the Welcome Party kicks off - so 4pm on Tuesday, August 7th and time is up when the Pandora Party starts at 11pm on Saturday, August 10th
3) Pictures and answers to questions must be submitted with the names of everyone in the group by August 10th at 11 p.m. Late entries will not be accommodated.
4) Questions and tasks will be given out at the Pop Century Kick-off Event (Wed Aug 7th at 4pm). If you are not attending the Kick-Off Event or if you won't be at Walt Disney World yet, we will have a way to get the questions to you when the Scavenger Hunt begins (likely a conversation here on the Boards and/or a PM on Facebook). Please comment below if you plan to participate in the Scavenger Hunt, but you won't be able to receive the questions at the Kick-Off Party.
4) Questions and tasks will take place throughout EPCOT. Some will be harder than others. The questions and tasks will be worth a variety of different point levels. Questions and tasks can be found anywhere in EPCOT from the entrance, Future World, World Showcase, International Gateway, EPCOT entertainment, and EPCOT attractions.
5) The team with the highest amount of points will be awarded the winners of the scavenger hunt. If there is a tie, there will be a tiebreaker question asked to the teams that tied before a winner is announced. First to answer that question will be awarded as the winners.
6) A prize will be given to the winning team. The prize hasn't been fully determined yet, and will be announced later. (But I am sure it will be FABULOUS!)
7) We would ask that each team consider making a $10 donation to Give Kids to the World. A donation isn't required to participate in this event.

It will be determined at a later time on how we will get the answer to the questions, as well as, the pictures that correspond with specific questions. Please note that it might be by email or text.

Registration for this event is ready to begin. Please come up with the members of your team and your team name. When you are ready to submit, please send this template to @AMusicLifeForMe in a private message or comment on the Facebook post.

Team Name:
Team Captain:

i just posted in the Facebook thread, but i'll put it here as well:

Team Name: Asguardians of the Galaxy
Team Captain: Chani
Team Members: Batsheva (AKA Beth)
Disboards names: #Mickeymouseisking, disneyholic family
Will you be at the Event Kick-Off Party: Yes

I went for the Disney Snack MB as to be fair, my trip will consist of meeting you guys, snacking, taking part in events, snacking, visiting the parks, snacking, going to the party, snacking and maybe if I have time, some more snacking lol :mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar

you and chani must be twins separated at birth....
before any trip to WDW, she maps out her snacks - to make sure she doesn't miss any....
i'm not kidding....it goes into the excel...."we'll be there? so that means a snack stop at ......" it's so funny....
i should have taken pictures of her and her husband chowing down at each snack stop during our last family trip...

you and chani must be twins separated at birth....
before any trip to WDW, she maps out her snacks - to make sure she doesn't miss any....
i'm not kidding....it goes into the excel...."we'll be there? so that means a snack stop at ......" it's so funny....
i should have taken pictures of her and her husband chowing down at each snack stop during our last family trip...

Disney snacking is a very serious business you can’t just go into it willynilly, planning is a must..

I applaud Chani efforts, and none of this ,I just get something or other’ nonsense as that attitude just ends up in popcorn and regret :rotfl:

Last edited:

Overview:

Details:

Team Name:
Team Captain:

Sounds like a blast! Just registered the Illuminations Illuminati on the FB post. Thanks again for putting this all together:)

you're lucky, Kate!!
that MB is no longer available
i wasn't fast enough - half the bands have disappeared - i guess they sold out of them..
i wanted the castle band and chani wanted the snack band...booo...
both of us are out of luck..
i'm going to wait to see if they reappear, if not, we'll just go with our regular free ones (i picked yellow and chani her standard pink)..

Disney snacking is a very serious business you can’t just go into it willynilly, planning is a must..

I applaud Chani efforts, and none of this ,I just get something or other’ nonsense as that attitude just ends up in popcorn and regret :rotfl:
Ok, so when you look at your magic bands and you click on edit order does it show a picture of the snack magic band? I had the castle customized on one of my stays, it still shows that the order is customized but the pic no longer shows up. I did have a second one for the other half of my split stay and that is now showing up as though I never customized to begin with. I'm getting nervous that I'll be stuck with more plain colored bands.

Ok, so when you look at your magic bands and you click on edit order does it show a picture of the snack magic band? I had the castle customized on one of my stays, it still shows that the order is customized but the pic no longer shows up. I did have a second one for the other half of my split stay and that is now showing up as though I never customized to begin with. I'm getting nervous that I'll be stuck with more plain colored bands.

I've seen lots of people have that problem or yesterday they only saw the colors as options if that. The site was glitching last night so it may still be.

My thought is I have an email receipt that I was charged for the stitch band with my name so that had better be what I get or they need to refund the money. I don't think it'll come to that though I think it's just typical IT.

Does anyone doing the GG breakfast want to do a team for the scavenger hunt since we'll be in the park together so there's less coordination to make it work?

ETA we could be team garden grillers :rotfl2:

I am starting to worry about mine as since I upgraded every time I try to go on to the page to see it, it’s says there’s an error and I didn’t get my email confirming it so now don’t know!!

Does anyone doing the GG breakfast want to do a team for the scavenger hunt since we'll be in the park together so there's less coordination to make it work?

ETA we could be team garden grillers :rotfl2:

I would say yes to being part of the group but I am still waiting to see what the main Dis event are going to be.

As I don’t want to I sign up and then have to cancel as I need to get to another park to attend something else.

I am starting to worry about mine as since I upgraded every time I try to go on to the page to see it, it’s says there’s an error and I didn’t get my email confirming it so now don’t know!!

I would say yes to being part of the group but I am still waiting to see what the main Dis event are going to be.

As I don’t want to I sign up and then have to cancel as I need to get to another park to attend something else.

I agree about waiting. But we can see if there's interest at least. I keep hoping they'll put that info out before fp days start.

I agree about waiting. But we can see if there's interest at least. I keep hoping they'll put that info out before fp days start.
Same here, I might be interested depending on the events.

ALSO, I'm currently on the phone with Disney. I too did not get a receipt so pretty much I'm out of luck. However, they did say they will be restocking the bands in a few weeks. They told me I can email guest.services with the subject MDE Build-A-Band to let them know, not that there's much they can do cause most are out of stock right now. There wasn't even a checkout button on MDE when I ordered mine like there is today, which would explain why I didn't get a receipt.

Same here, I might be interested depending on the events.

ALSO, I'm currently on the phone with Disney. I too did not get a receipt so pretty much I'm out of luck. However, they did say they will be restocking the bands in a few weeks. They told me I can email guest.services with the subject MDE Build-A-Band to let them know, not that there's much they can do cause most are out of stock right now. There wasn't even a checkout button on MDE when I ordered mine like there is today, which would explain why I didn't get a receipt.

I'll start a list for the scavenger hunt and we'll revisit it once we know more. That's a total bummer about the magic band. Hopefully when they load more options there's one you want.

Hopefully the scavenger hunt can fit in around any other events - idea is you would have the week to work on it and not any very specific times you need to be in EPCOT (but you will need to visit EPCOT to complete some of the tasks - but not at any specific times)

Hopefully the scavenger hunt can fit in around any other events - idea is you would have the week to work on it and not any very specific times you need to be in EPCOT (but you will need to visit EPCOT to complete some of the tasks - but not at any specific times)

I know but we'll all be there at that point vs trying to figure out when we'd be there another time. Also not planning on spending a ton of time in Epcot at this point.

I updated the first post with your updated info and to make it more clear there are two pre-party meet ups and that you are hosting the "get your glow on" one at Victoria Falls

Everyone => If I missed any other updates to the first page let me know!!! (98% chance it wasn't done on purpose!)
It looks like you still have our old plans. We are doing a split stay, Poly 8/1-8/6 and Contemporary 8/6-8/12. It will be myself, DW, DS 18 and DD 12. We are interested in the Welcome Party preferably at Contemporary , Nomad Lounge pre-party, and a bar crawl. We are also planning on attending The 8/8 DVC Moonlight Magic event. Also wondering if there is any interest for people coming in earlier to meet at Trader Sam's for drinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter