*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relax on vacation? That's just crazy talk. :P...

I liked that. I've had a hell of a year already and I need some downtime. First I came out as Trans, then I got news that I needed a new hip, then I had to go back to therapy for my knee. Then I had to cancel a trip to Disney Memorial Day because my Dad passed away last week and my brother and I need to deal with the estate. Like TheMaxRebo said,
...but I am not one of those people that can spend hours by the pool (even going to the beach I am good to go after like an hour)
I'm like that. I hate the FL west coast beaches (I like the east coast) and sitting by the pool can be boring. But right now I need some downtime.

I am not one of those people that can spend hours by the pool (even going to the beach I am good to go after like an hour)
We're the same way. I can't remember the last time I was in a pool and it's been a couple of decades since we were on a beach. We're both pretty active people. Sitting and doing nothing holds very little appeal. The reason I got the house with the pool for this trip is purely due to the likely weather. Being able to come back to the house after being out in the heat all day and hopping in the pool for 15 minutes will be worth the extra cost (and it's still only about $125/night to rent a pool home, less than a Disney value resort).

Kind of curious, is anyone planning on staying at the hotel by the pool and just relaxing?

I may try to sneak in a partial pool day on my down day. I am like others...I can be at the pool for a little while, but I get bored. Plus the one medicine I am on, I have to make sure I have sunscreen on my face at all times in the sun.

Hey y'all,

Just following up on a few items that based on the 1st post need updating.
My stay dates are 08/07- 08/12. Poly (except wed night @ ASM)

I plan to come to the unofficial welcome party. I wonder why it's not at Contemporary though, since that's where we pick up our credentials, see the silent auction etc. Is there a general hang-out space at the contemporary that would work well for the unofficial welcome party?

You can put me in as a leader for the "Get Your Glow" pre-party at Victoria Falls Sat. 8-10pm. I don't plan on having a park pass, so I'm just going over to AK for the party itself. I plan to start making arrangements for the party in early June. I'm thinking of glow crafts/ UV reactive paints, etc. If anyone would like to join in the planning fun, just PM me, and we'll collaborate!

Hey y'all,

I plan to come to the unofficial welcome party. I wonder why it's not at Contemporary though, since that's where we pick up our credentials, see the silent auction etc. Is there a general hang-out space at the contemporary that would work well for the unofficial welcome party?

You can put me in as a leader for the "Get Your Glow" pre-party at Victoria Falls Sat. 8-10pm. I don't plan on having a park pass, so I'm just going over to AK for the party itself. I plan to start making arrangements for the party in early June. I'm thinking of glow crafts/ UV reactive paints, etc. If anyone would like to join in the planning fun, just PM me, and we'll collaborate!
It would be nice if the welcome event be at the contemporary. Or a another option is do 2 welcome events those who are closer to the contemporary meet up. And those closer to pop do one there.

We're trying to figure out the most fair way to fill the spot at GG and will post once we have. Thanks!

We decided to go in order of those that showed interest, so I'll send a PM and update here when I know who to add.

Hey y'all,

It was done at Pop because of the number of people staying there. I'm staying there and it's why I'll drop by it. I get in that morning so I'll be back in the afternoon once I can access my room, but I take breaks anyway. It's convenient for me. I'm sure if you wanted to host one at the Contemporary there may be people interested because it's easier for them to do.

Please add me to the list for this one! Thanks.

@Sylver you don't have enough posts for me to be able to send you a PM so I'm posting here and hoping you'll be on the boards to see it since it looks like you haven't been active in awhile.

We have an opening in our group for the Garden Grill breakfast on Thursday the 8th at 9am. Please let me know by next week Saturday, the 18th, if you want to join us otherwise I'll ask the next person on the wait list. Thanks!

Hey y'all,

My stay dates are 08/07- 08/12. Poly (except wed night @ ASM) Also we are eating at Boma Saturday night our reservation is at 5:45pm so

One problem with doing anything at the Contemporary is that they are really strict on parking. If you aren't staying there, it can be hard or impossible to park there so you need to park somewhere else like the TTC and take the monorail over. It's easy to park at POP.
That is true I forgot about that .Also We are going to be in Boma for Dinner on Saturday so who ever wants to meet a victora falls we would love to do that.

One problem with doing anything at the Contemporary is that they are really strict on parking. If you aren't staying there, it can be hard or impossible to park there so you need to park somewhere else like the TTC and take the monorail over. It's easy to park at POP.

Thanks, that's a really great point. As a car-less person, I realize I didn't think of that. Plus, if most people are staying at POP, I understand wanting to be closer to your hotel. Thanks!

Thanks, that's a really great point. As a car-less person, I realize I didn't think of that. Plus, if most people are staying at POP, I understand wanting to be closer to your hotel. Thanks!

Just to add - it was just because so many people were staying there and also be sure thinking people would want to ride the Skyliner and maybe tie it into the Bucket crawl, etc

If there is a big push to move it we could do that - or try to have a separate Meetup for people to check-in at same time or something ... But that was the reasoning

My family and I changed one of our ADR. Instead of Be Our Guest 4:30 pm to The Diamond Horseshoe 5:55 pm on August 7th

Just to add - it was just because so many people were staying there and also be sure thinking people would want to ride the Skyliner and maybe tie it into the Bucket crawl, etc

If there is a big push to move it we could do that - or try to have a separate Meetup for people to check-in at same time or something ... But that was the reasoning

How ironic I just finish telling ewrtomco too bad we couldn't just find a way to set up meet up time for when we get our credentials. So I definitely agree with the try to have a separate Meetup for people to check-in at same time or something

Last edited:
How ironic I just finish telling ewrtomco too bad we couldn't just find a way to set up meet up time for when we can get our credentials. So I definitely agree with the try to have a separate Meetup for people to check-in at same time or something

I know the plan for at least some of us that are doing breakfast in MK together on the 7th is to go over together after to Contemporary to check on. Not sure if like noonish on that day works for others

Hey y'all,

I updated the first post with your updated info and to make it more clear there are two pre-party meet ups and that you are hosting the "get your glow on" one at Victoria Falls

Everyone => If I missed any other updates to the first page let me know!!! (98% chance it wasn't done on purpose!)

I know the plan for at least some of us that are doing breakfast in MK together on the 7th is to go over together after to Contemporary to check on. Not sure if like noonish on that day works for others

Being that we are planning to go into Magic Kingdom after 2pm On Aug 7 we plan to get our credentials between 10am and 12pm so A meetup with new friends would be wonderful

Being that we are planning to go into Magic Kingdom after 2pm On Aug 7 we plan to get our credentials between 10am and 12pm so A meetup with new friends would be wonderful

I am looking to do the same thing on the 8th. Head over to MK in the morning and early afternoon (staying until the parade) and then heading out and over to the Contemporary to get my credentials, then heading over to Wilderness Lodge for my ADR at Artist Point at 4:45pm. I will head over to EPCOT for the rest of the evening that night because of the Villians party at MK. I will be back to MK another day when I am there.

We're the same way. I can't remember the last time I was in a pool and it's been a couple of decades since we were on a beach. We're both pretty active people. Sitting and doing nothing holds very little appeal. The reason I got the house with the pool for this trip is purely due to the likely weather. Being able to come back to the house after being out in the heat all day and hopping in the pool for 15 minutes will be worth the extra cost (and it's still only about $125/night to rent a pool home, less than a Disney value resort).

I own my own pool why do I need to stay in an expensive hotel to use theirs? My vacation goals are to be out of the room as much as possible that’s the point of vacation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter