*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just looking at how many days I would be in the parks during this trip and what kind of ticket I need. Right now, I am looking at a 3 day park hopper as this will be the first time in a LONG time since I have park hopped.

There are some definite things I would like to do/see:

Happily Ever After
Illuminations
Toy Story Land

I am still very interested in Hoop Dee Do with everyone along with going to lunch with others at Disney Springs.

I think my wife and I would be up for that - something around 9:30/10 and t

Happy to book it later if I’m still on London time I’ll pretend it’s lunch :rotfl:

Breakfast is servered up until 10.30am so I could book it for 9.45am or 10am (which ever one I can get) so if the times okay with @SG131 when the window open I can book for 4.

Exciting I love it when the Dining booking opens just feels, even though it’s still 180 days away, the trip is nearly here!!

Just booked my flights, in bound and out bound. Thanks for the heads up to my awesome Jedi planner: czechplz! You are the best friend! Does anyone know how we could speed up time so this event is sooner? In my heart I know we can't but still. Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait. I have to wait.

Happy to book it later if I’m still on London time I’ll pretend it’s lunch :rotfl:

Breakfast is servered up until 10.30am so I could book it for 9.45am or 10am (which ever one I can get) so if the times okay with @SG131 when the window open I can book for 4.

Exciting I love it when the Dining booking opens just feels, even though it’s still 180 days away, the trip is nearly here!!
Sounds good to me

The date has been chosen for Universal Day. It will take place on the 7th. We will meet near the Knight Bus in Universal Studios, the purple triple-decker bus in London, right around 3 PM. I figured we can do some rides together and mayhaps dinner at Fast Food Boulevard. When the date get's closer, I will set up a group chat on Facebook or Hangouts so we can all communicate that way with one another. Maybe we will have to convince Craig and Ryno to join us.

The date has been chosen for Universal Day. It will take place on the 7th. We will meet near the Knight Bus in Universal Studios, the purple triple-decker bus in London, right around 3 PM. I figured we can do some rides together and mayhaps dinner at Fast Food Boulevard. When the date get's closer, I will set up a group chat on Facebook or Hangouts so we can all communicate that way with one another. Maybe we will have to convince Craig and Ryno to join us.

Thanks for organizing this! I've updated the first post to reflect this and edited the events post with this date/time information.

Just tagging everyone that had shown interest so they see this
- @czechplz and 3 other adults
- @bartleyosu
- @sbenemerito (Shanda) husband and sons (16 and 13)
- @NeuroCindy
- @travelinjenn and husband (though don't arrive utnil the 7th)
- @Malia78
- @CynthiaC925
- @thiabelle and her daughter
- @pSTANchio and his wife

Great! I've updated the first post to include this item and also added it to the events post!

Now to wait 6.5 months to try the Lobster and Fried Green Tomatoes Eggs Benedict!

If you hadn't seen this before, here is a review the DIS did of the breakfast at the Plaza: https://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney-world/review-the-plaza-restaurant-breakfast-at-magic-kingdom/

hi all!! just catching up....
we have a resort change - disneyholic family and MickeyMouseIsKing
switching to Bay Lake Tower - 8/4 - 8/14

we were able to get a room at the 7 month mark! woo hoo!!
we've never stayed at BLT before..

Just switched from the Polynesian to the Beach Club! Same dates.

Please change our hotel from Copper Creek to Beach Club. Aug 7-11 Yay! Can’t wait to stay at this resort. I have always dreamed of staying there. I have a feeling my boys are going to be spend many hours at the pool.

We have a one bedroom for 2 nights and a studio for 2 nights. Anyone have room request recommendations?

I updated all of your locations - glad to see people were able to get/move to what they wanted!!!

@disneyholic family - just wanted to confirm as originally I had you checking out on the 13th, but now you have listed the 14th ... just wanted to check that your ending date did change

Not exactly sure how soon we will be able to arrive before the weekend yet, but booked at BLT and interested in the following events:

Hoop de Doo
DVC Member Magic
Volunteering at GKTW
Maybe backstage tour but DD will only be 13 so I know she can't participate in quite a few of them yet.

Thanks!
PJ

I added you to BLT just with dates as "TBD" and put you down for those events!

Hi! I've been lurking but I'd like to join the Hoopdeedoo dinner and solo breakfast too. I maaay have a friend join later but I'm planning this as a solo trip for now. Thanks!

:welcome: I've added you as interested in those events!

Hi there! It looks like my prior post might have been missed, or more likely I didn't write it very well. Thanks for the reminder for the ADR. I'll reply in list format if that's more helpful. :cutie:

- HoopdeDoo revue please.
- Happy to help with the meet up at Victoria Falls, and make it a "Get your Glow On" prep party.
- Staying at Poly. (new info, just reserved)
- YeeHaw Bob Singalong!!

There may be other events, but these are ones I'm definitely setting aside to enjoy together, and can remember without going back to first post.

Hi all! I'm looking forward to a great time! I'm interested in the HoopRevue, I've never been before. I'd like to do the bar crawl and Yee Haw Bob, also never been to his show yet!

I'm happy to help facilitate the meet up at the Victoria Falls Lounge. I'd love to theme it as "Get Your Glow On" Prepping your luminescent items for fun! I can supply some glow stick items for folks with DISparty credentials in the first hour, and if any supplies remain, then open it to everyone in the second hour. That way we hopefully use up everything. I think it would also be wise to partner with the DIS leadership to make sure we don't run afoul of any expectations or requirements that we don't know about from the outside looking in. :) If it's better to have someone more local or more involved in the DIS event lead the meet-up, no worries! :)

Great! I've updated the first post to include this item and also added it to the events post!

Now to wait 6.5 months to try the Lobster and Fried Green Tomatoes Eggs Benedict!

If you hadn't seen this before, here is a review the DIS did of the breakfast at the Plaza: https://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney-world/review-the-plaza-restaurant-breakfast-at-magic-kingdom/

Thanks for the link great vlog - I did check bookings the other day and you could book till July.

Looks amazing think it’s going to be Mickey waffles and mimosas for me.

@TheMaxRebo we will be staying at AKL Kidani. I was looking at the DVC event on August 8 and if I read it right you can register up to 4 or the people on your reservation. So I’m not sure if non-DVC people can be registered if they aren’t on the reservation or am I reading it wrong. It’s like muddy water sometimes trying to understand the rules.

Last edited:
TheMaxRedo we will be staying at AKL Kidani. I was looking at the DVC event on August 8 and if I read it right you can register up to 4 or the people on your reservation. So I’m not sure if non-DVC people can be registered if they aren’t on the reservation or am I reading it wrong. It’s like muddy water sometimes trying to understand the rules.
The DVC member registers. They have to be present and can either bring in 3 or guests or the number of guests on their reservation, which ever is higher.

Thanks for organizing this! I've updated the first post to reflect this and edited the events post with this date/time information.

Just tagging everyone that had shown interest so they see this
- @czechplz and 3 other adults
- @bartleyosu
- @sbenemerito (Shanda) husband and sons (16 and 13)
- @NeuroCindy
- @travelinjenn and husband (though don't arrive utnil the 7th)
- @Malia78
- @CynthiaC925
- @thiabelle and her daughter
- @pSTANchio and his wife

I'd Like to add myself to Universal meet up!

just wanted to confirm as originally I had you checking out on the 13th, but now you have listed the 14th ... just wanted to check that your ending date did change

yes, i booked at BLT from the 4th to the 14th..
we haven't bought our flights yet, so i don't really know the final final dates, but probably it will be the 4th to the 14th...
it takes forever and a day to fly to the USA, so we like to stay as long as possible... :)

Who is staying where/when?

All Stars Movies:
- @mcnealrkn - 8/6 - 8/13
- @Michele&Jessica (Michele) - 8/3 - 8/13

Animal Kingdom Lodge:
- @TheMaxRebo (Phil) and wife (Judi) - 8/11 - 8/13
- @Nanb and sister - 8/8 - 8/12
- @Gehrig1B (Gene) and wife (Becky) - 8/6 - 8/12
- @isabellea with husband and 2 daughters (7 and 9) - but solo for the party) - 8/10 - 8/12
- @3cmom and husband and son (10) - 8/8 - 8/12
- @Ron from Michigan and wife (Tina) - for the week
- @czechplz with 3 other adults - 8/5 - 8/13

Art of Animation:

Bay Lake Tower:
- @apurplebrat - 8/7 - 8/13 (split stay with Beach Club Villas)
- @Carma3 with sister (@ewrtomco) and mother (Rose) - 8/6 -8/12
- @dina444444 - 8/6 - 8/12
- @disneyholic family (Beth) and daughter @Mickeymouseisking (Chani) - 8/4 - 8/14
- @poohj80 (PJ) - dates TBD
@Zatrina/split stay with front of trip at boardwalk villas

Beach Club & Beach Club Villas:
- @apurplebrat - 8/7 - 8/13 (split stay with Bay Lake Tower)
- @AMusicLifeForMe and his Dad - 8/7 - 8/12
- @sbenemerito (Shanda) husband (Alvin) and sons AJ (16) and Dylan (13) - 8/7 - 8/11

Boardwalk Inn & Villas:
- @bartleyosu (Crystal) at Villas - 8/5 -8/12 (for now, may switch to POP)
- @auntfrannie at Inn - 8/6 - 8/13

Caribbean Beach Resort:
- @k8Davies - 8/6 - 8/12

Contemporary:
- @Cousin Orville - 8/8 - 8/11
- @Ladyfish77 and husband and son (23) - 8/10 - 8/11
- @Aerin75 (Carrie) and Roomie - 88/ - 8/11
- @Ravens girl - 8/6 - 8/12 (Kay-Marie)

Coronado:
- @ChimneyJim (Michael) and wife (Susana) and son (11) and daughter (10) - 8/6 - 8/11
- @PrncessA with family and friends - 8/3 - 8/11

Grand Floridian:

Polynesian:

Port Orleans FQ:
- @thiabelle (Cynthia) and her daughter (18) - 8/7 - 8/11
- @wiihoo888 (Lori) and her Husband (Mike) - 8/7 - 8/11

Port Orleans Riverside:
- @Idaho Mouse - 8/6 - 8/12
- @Vernon Wolfe - 8/6 - 8/13 (hasn't booked yet)

POP Century:
- @TheMaxRebo (Phil) and wife (Judi) - 8/6 - 8/11
- @SG131 (solo) - 8/3 - 8-12
- @wnwardii - 8/6 - 8/12
- @afan - 8/7 - 8/12
- @dkrauss (Doug) and wife (Donna) - 8/6 - 8/12
- @Malia78 - 8/6 - 8/11
- @gberg (Glen) - 8/3 - 8/11
- @WorldExplorer - 8/6 - 8/12
- @javaman - 8/6 - 8/12
- @pSTANchio and wife (Grace) - 8/6 - 8/13
- @Sylver - 8/5 - 8/13
- @rchristiansen (Becky) and husband (Jeff) and daughter (16) - 8/6 - 8/12
- @Kathleen Glasgow - 8/9 - 8/11

Saratoga Springs:
- @CynthiaC925 - 8/7 - 8/12
- @skittles67 (Prescilla) and her Husband (Tim) - 8/10 - 8/17

Shades of Green:
- @Ladyfish77 and husband and son (23) - 8/3 - 8/10
- @115belladonna - 8/7 -8/12

Yact Club:
- @MaryKatesMom (Beth) and her husband (Dave) - 8/8 - 8/11

Wilderness Lodge/Copper Creek:

Off Property:
- @Enorto1 and her mom - 8/6 - 8/13 (Wyndham Bonnet Creek)
- @disneysteve and wife and daughter (23) - TBD
- @datadoc_5 and wife - moving to area in December
- @NeuroCindy
- @1Grumpy9 - 8/8 - 8/12 or 8/13
- @Kathleen Glasgow - 8/6 - 8/9

TBD:
- @Maytulip32 and her husband

Car Pool Information:

Potential drivers:

@dina444444 @wnwardii @AMusicLifeForMe @NeuroCindy @Vernon Wolfe @Aerin75 @thiabelle

Hey @TheMaxRebo

My wife (Jamie) and I (Brad) will be staying at the Contemporary the 7th -11th. Not sure how many events we will participate, but definitely interested in the Bar Crawl, Mini golf, and Pre-Party Meetup at the moment.

Also, anyone staying at the Contemporary or BLT interested in a meet up on the 8th since it looks like most of us will be in by then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter