*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reservation is booked! My husband and I (Mike and Lori) will be staying at French Quarter 8/7-8/11. We’re interested in quite a few of the ideas listed (Bucket Crawl, pre-party, trivia, Yehaa Bob, Disney Tour, Hoop dee Doo, Illuminations and Disney Springs lunch). Also interested in other bar/ lounge ideas, morning events and all things involving food:)

I just started listening to the podcast over the past two years, and have become hooked. Always have been hooked on Disney, and love that I have found others that love and want to talk about that love of Disney as much as me. I’m super new to the boards, and truly appreciate the kindness I’ve received since starting to chat here. Can’t wait to see you real soon!

Reservation is booked! My husband and I (Mike and Lori) will be staying at French Quarter 8/7-8/11. We’re interested in quite a few of the ideas listed (Bucket Crawl, pre-party, trivia, Yehaa Bob, Disney Tour, Hoop dee Doo, Illuminations and Disney Springs lunch). Also interested in other bar/ lounge ideas, morning events and all things involving food:)

I just started listening to the podcast over the past two years, and have become hooked. Always have been hooked on Disney, and love that I have found others that love and want to talk about that love of Disney as much as me. I’m super new to the boards, and truly appreciate the kindness I’ve received since starting to chat here. Can’t wait to see you real soon!

Welcome to the boards! Glad you are able to make the event!

Welcome to the event.

Seeing the list of potential meet ups, I would be interested in joining the Hoop Dee Do, Illuminations and Disney Springs Lunch.

As of now, I am going solo...but that may change.

Finally getting caught up after getting home late Saturday night from WDW. I was good with leaving and wasn't excited about going back again so soon, but after being home for 3 days I'm ready to go back to the warmth and away from the job tomorrow :)

I'm interested in Trivia, Yehaa Bob and mini golf. And as I'm sure others are thinking, maybe some others once there's details about when/where.

I tried joining the FB group but haven’t got a response.

so now not sure if the admin is just over worked, or I’m an idiot and did something wrong

I tried joining the FB group but haven’t got a response.

so now not sure if the admin is just over worked, or I’m an idiot and did something wrong

Kate you are a member of the facebook group - i just looked and i see your name in the list of members
it shows you as having joined on monday...
i just sent you a FB friend request, so if you get someone with a really weird name, that's me :) It's my real name, not Beth (which i use to make life easier for people).
And the cover picture of the singer - that's my daughter, MickeyMouseIsKing on the boards and in this thread.

**** UPDATE ****

Looks like the Bucket Crawl won't happen as Bob Chapeck just announced the Skyliner won't open until Fall of 2019 ... a bit surprising based on how far construction has come (they have already started testing some lines)

We'll have to figure out some other "crawl" type event

It sounds like the Unofficial Skyliner Crawl event won't happen since the Skyliner won't open until Fall 2019:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...JTJbOOzMB9sjB8TA-T294Igwr1R-P0LtkMF_ayVvfRF6c

**** UPDATE ****

Looks like the Bucket Crawl won't happen as Bob Chapeck just announced the Skyliner won't open until Fall of 2019 ... a bit surprising based on how far construction has come (they have already started testing some lines)

Maybe we can just do the good old monorail crawl.

**** UPDATE ****

I found a video that I think the Tim Tracker did last year or earlier this year when he went on the first bus that he saw to a resort/theme park...We can maybe do our own version of this where we have no idea what resort we are going to after traveling on a bus to a park, but go to whatever bar and grill that is at the resort for the first bus we see? Yes...A lot of travel time, but sounds interesting.

We can do the famous and rather old monorail bar crawl, but doing something completely random sounds a lot more fun in my mind. :D

Another option is doing a Boardwalk Area Pub Crawl.

Also, a Disney Springs Pub Crawl.

OR A Disney Springs Resorts Boat Pub Crawl. :D

Maybe we can just do the good old monorail crawl.

I found a video that I think the Tim Tracker did last year or earlier this year when he went on the first bus that he saw to a resort/theme park...We can maybe do our own version of this where we have no idea what resort we are going to after traveling on a bus to a park, but go to whatever bar and grill that is at the resort for the first bus we see? Yes...A lot of travel time, but sounds interesting.

We can do the famous and rather old monorail bar crawl, but doing something completely random sounds a lot more fun in my mind. :D

Another option is doing a Boardwalk Area Pub Crawl.

Also, a Disney Springs Pub Crawl.

OR A Disney Springs Resorts Boat Pub Crawl. :D

Definitely can stick with the monorail - also fun at Trader Sam's

I'd be up for something that involves the Boardwalk as well as we haven't been to Abracadabar yet

Obviously a lot at Disney Springs too - maybe start at Springs and then hit up Boardwalk?

If we move to the monorail or Boardwalk area my party might be interested, I was NOT getting on the Skyliner!! LOL
Just out of curiousity because this discussion fascinates me why wouldn’t you get on a gondola but would get on the monorail?

Just out of curiousity because this discussion fascinates me why wouldn’t you get on a gondola but would get on the monorail?

because it's hanging down on a cable high up in the air...
true, the monorail's scary, but a gondola - that's nearly impossible for anyone with fear of heights...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter