Umbrella vs Standard

Ratpack

WL VET
DVC Gold
OK, I know the stroller questions have been beat to death but I still have one. DD is 4, 36#, tall for her age. We have a standard stroller now that we have had since birth, works perfectly. My question is should we use this one or buy an umbrella stroller? My main concern is getting on and off the buses in Disney. Our current stroller folds flat but others have told me I need an umbrella that folds even smaller for the buses. Help me please, I hate to spend money on an umbrella only to find we could have used what we have. Also, I am somewhat tall and umbrellas are torture, so I would have to invest in extention handles as well.:(

I have seen people on the buses and boats with HUGE strollers. Because we go off season, they rarely are a problem. Now that my DDs are no longer toddlers, I will just rent one when we get there. Mostly because my youngest is slower than molassas going uphill in January. And she is getting too big to carry.:o

take your old stroller by all means. As long as it folds up somewhat, you'll be fine.
We took our old umbrella, but other people got on the tram with us with bigger strollers, justemptied out till they got to the gate.
The only time you need to worry about it is when you are on the bus, so if youcan imagine manuevering it around then go for it.

I would take the stroller you have, that's what we are doing. I know it will be a little more trouble on the transportation but I think it will be worth it in the parks. My husband is very tall and hates pushing an umbrella stroller. He'd have more of a backache from hunching over that than from carrying our big carriage! Anyway, why spend extra money on something you already have. Have a great trip! :)

Another vote for bringing the one you have. Since it will be more comfy to push and for your DD to ride in, why not take it. Unless it is really huge it shouldn't be a problem on the bus, monorail, etc. We had one person in charge of folding and carrying the stroller on, the other took DD. We tried to keep the stuff in the basket of the stroller limited to what 1 person could carry, either loose or in a bag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter