Umbrella rentals at Typhoon Lagoon

disney1474

DIS Veteran
What area do they put you when renting chairs and umbrella? Is it private? I was thinking of the cabana's but this would be a lot cheaper!!

What area do they put you when renting chairs and umbrella? Is it private? I was thinking of the cabana's but this would be a lot cheaper!!

Unless this has changed, the "Getaway Glen's Umbrellas" are located in the two spots where you see a "U" on the map below (sorry the quality isn't great). One is around a cluster of cabanas (the "B"s on the map) near the wave pool, the other is near the second cluster of cabanas towards the bottom of the map. The cabanas and umbrellas are all pretty close together.

Both areas are somewhat secluded, but I wouldn't call it 'private.'

IMHO, the wave pool location is more central / a better spot.

Hope that helps!

TL Map.jpg

This is a great map!

We have stayed at the Cabana's by the wave pool. I noted the umbrealla chairs, they looked very nice.

The Cabana area is lovely, secluded and a great home away from home.

Is there anything to prevent random guests from coming up and sitting in the chairs? I'm just imagining leaving to enjoy a slide or the wave pool, and returning to find other people sitting in the chairs I rented!

Is there anything to prevent random guests from coming up and sitting in the chairs? I'm just imagining leaving to enjoy a slide or the wave pool, and returning to find other people sitting in the chairs I rented!

Yeah, the umbrellas clustered by the wave pool are in a 'roped off' area. I had a cabana in that area and there was an umbrella right in front of my cabana. You had to manually latch / re-latch a rope going in to / out of that area. There are two cabanas that are outside of this roped off area, but no umbrellas.

I'm not sure how the other cluster is, but I'm assuming it's the same.

We love the umbrella rentals and use them almost every time we visit either water park. As pp's mentioned there are a few by the wave pool and more at the glen we prefer the wave pool but its the luck of the draw :) We don't need the level of service the cabana provides as we bring some drinks and snacks but we do want guaranteed shade so the umbrella works best for us.

Both areas are roped off you have to open and close a gate to enter/leave and every member of the party is given a wristband with your umbrella number. There is sufficient signage to keep those who haven't purchased an umbrella from using them and the one time we saw a family use an empty umbrella a CM kindly but firmly explained the situation to them and told them where to purchase the umbrella if they wished to remain.

Oh this umbrella rental is new to me. Can you do it in advance or just the day of arrival to the park? Anyone know if that's the case if they go quickly and any info on cost? Totally interested in this for our upcoming June trip!

Oh this umbrella rental is new to me. Can you do it in advance or just the day of arrival to the park? Anyone know if that's the case if they go quickly and any info on cost? Totally interested in this for our upcoming June trip!
DW and I were lucky enough to rent an umbrella at BB the same day we went to the park, but I would not recommend trying for same day availability, especially in June. Its better to have the reservation, and end up cancelling (if need be), than showing up and not being able to get one.

You can inquirer about availability by calling 407-WDW-PLAY and I believe pricing is around $65 total. You can not make reservations online for umbrellas at this time.

They are definitely worth it the cost! We liked it because you have a guaranteed spot and are not trying to find someplace around the park. Also, because of the limited access, the areas were not super crowded (at lease we didnt think so). We went on a Thursday in August and while the park was busy, we had ample room to spread out and relax.

DW and I were lucky enough to rent an umbrella at BB the same day we went to the park, but I would not recommend trying for same day availability, especially in June. Its better to have the reservation, and end up cancelling (if need be), than showing up and not being able to get one.

You can inquirer about availability by calling 407-WDW-PLAY and I believe pricing is around $65 total. You can not make reservations online for umbrellas at this time.

They are definitely worth it the cost! We liked it because you have a guaranteed spot and are not trying to find someplace around the park. Also, because of the limited access, the areas were not super crowded (at lease we didnt think so). We went on a Thursday in August and while the park was busy, we had ample room to spread out and relax.

Excellent info. I agree, best to reserve in advance just in case.

The info says they are for 4 people. Do they let you have 5 as long as they aren't all there at one time? I'm sure it'll mostly be me under the umbrella with DH and 3 kids coming and going.

The info says they are for 4 people. Do they let you have 5 as long as they aren't all there at one time? I'm sure it'll mostly be me under the umbrella with DH and 3 kids coming and going.

Not really, you will only get 4 wristbands so if the CM is at the entrance only those with wristbands will be allowed access to the area. We often have 6 in our party and get two umbrellas.

Thank you everyone for the info. I called and reserved our umbrella at Typhoon Lagoon for June! This lessens my water park anxiety quite a bit. Haha. I'm not a bathing suit, water loving person, so the idea of having a guaranteed spot to retreat to is nice. My 13-year-old was dying to do the water park, so it's a nice compromise.

I just reserved umbrellas yesterday for our trip in July. One day at TL and one day at BB. They were $63.90 per day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter