Ultimate Day of Thrills

zoo2tycoon

DIS Veteran
My DS23 and I meeting in DW January 30- February 3,2020. Crowd levels (know can’t depend on this far out ) shows 3-4s. Past two years we have gone in August so busy (did CL FPS and also got extra for DVC tour). We are stay at parks all day, hop and will usually drive offsite for lunch.

We are staying CL at CSR. Plan on getting the CL FPS (we have 4 day hopper tickets). We have done EMM at the MK (he did EMM at HS in March). We’ve done KTTK tour- enjoyed all of those experiences.

Saw Ultimate Day of Thrills tour which looks great- any experience and recommendations?

My 12 year old daughter and I just did the Ultimate Day of Thrills tour last week. We enjoyed it. Generally, if you enjoy the rides that are on the tour and would value getting to ride all of them in one day without waiting in lines, I recommend it. The tour guides jokingly referred to themselves as "walking fastpasses", which was actually a pretty accurate description. They move your group from attraction to attraction and directly into the fast pass que. Even once in the que it seems you get on the ride faster. For Haunted Mansion, its a little different and you actually enter the ride from a kind of backstage part of the attraction.

They also drive you from park to park (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and Hollywood Studios) utilizing backstage entrances, etc. Lunch is included at Sunshine Seasons in Epcot. Tour began around 845am and ended a bit before 4pm. Some in the group were headed to Animal Kingdom after since that is the one park not included in the tour. You could plan for fastpasses there later in the day to hit the thrill rides in all 4 parks in one day without lines. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Did this tour 5 years ago and will again this September. What is the last park the tour hits - Hollywood studios ?

How did lunch work? Did you order in advance or have a special menu? We did it 3 years ago and lunch was at the Brown Derby.
I have done it twice at both locations for the place in the land you order off the menu and they had a dedicated line for us to check out and then a section for us to eat at.

How did lunch work? Did you order in advance or have a special menu? We did it 3 years ago and lunch was at the Brown Derby.

We could select anything on the menu (entree, drink, and "treat"/dessert), and as mentioned above they had reserved tables for us to sit at. We didn't even have to check out in a line, there was a tour guide supervisor there at lunch who just took a picture of each tray before we sat down. Kinda odd approach but it worked.

We could select anything on the menu (entree, drink, and "treat"/dessert), and as mentioned above they had reserved tables for us to sit at. We didn't even have to check out in a line, there was a tour guide supervisor there at lunch who just took a picture of each tray before we sat down. Kinda odd approach but it worked.
We checked out or really just walked though our own line where they made sure we had an Aa entree drink and desert and that was it I do not remember if they took a picture of our food

My daughter and I did it about 2 years ago. Exactly as described here. You get around FAST. The one thing I'd keep in mind is when they say you need to keep up, you NEED to keep up. If you have to use the restroom at a non-scheduled time, you better sprint ahead to the next ride and then hope the group hasn't gotten into the FP line yet or you'll be sitting that one out.

The cast member VIP guides were some of the best I've ever encountered at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter