Ultimate 21-days Ticket, Upgrade to AP

Just noticed the AP upgrade in MyDisneyExperience tonight. Need to link my 14day ticket and see what the upgrade charge is to platinum pass, see if worth it for parking and discount etc. Shame already booked dessert parties and after hours!
Why is it a shame?

Just noticed the AP upgrade in MyDisneyExperience tonight. Need to link my 14day ticket and see what the upgrade charge is to platinum pass, see if worth it for parking and discount etc. Shame already booked dessert parties and after hours!

So a month ago (17th September) mine was worth $489.05. On the app though it only showed the price to upgrade to Platinum Plus.

Why is it a shame?

I'm assuming poster means as you can get an AP discount

So a month ago (17th September) mine was worth $489.05. On the app though it only showed the price to upgrade to Platinum Plus.

I'm assuming poster means as you can get an AP discount
Aaarh thanks.

In the past you have gotten different quotes when upgrading in person at GS. Wonder what they would say if they quoted you something completely wrong (happens) and then you uses the app to document that the price difference to an AP platinum is xx that would mean the difference to an AP gold should be yy.

Either way now you know for sure how much an upgrade is before talking to GS.

Aaarh thanks.

In the past you have gotten different quotes when upgrading in person at GS. Wonder what they would say if they quoted you something completely wrong (happens) and then you uses the app to document that the price difference to an AP platinum is xx that would mean the difference to an AP gold should be yy.

Either way now you know for sure how much an upgrade is before talking to GS.

My understanding - from what I was told from a CM when doing the upgrade and from other reports - since they got the upgrade on the app to work for UK tickets there is a standard price for each ticket type. The only inconsistency in quotes now appears to be if they have the ticket incorrectly marked on your account as something else (UK Select ticket appears to be the one some people claim mentioned) as this makes it cheaper.

Why is it a shame?

With an AP would have saved $30 per after hours ticket and a little bit on dessert party. Making the upgrade cost more beneficial.

In two minds about changing, mainly car parking, say roughly $300 in car park costs over two weeks, food and merch should save $500 making it about cost neutral over one visit.

With an AP would have saved $30 per after hours ticket and a little bit on dessert party. Making the upgrade cost more beneficial.

In two minds about changing, mainly car parking, say roughly $300 in car park costs over two weeks, food and merch should save $500 making it about cost neutral over one visit.

Once you get the AP, you might be able to ask the CM to credit you the difference for the after hours or dessert parties?

I think its one of those difficult ones now the price has gone up. We tried to work out the same and got to about $250 on parking (10 visits) then if we wanted to save the rest we would have needed to spend around $5000 going with a 10% discount as average and really didn't think we would spend that amount in one trip. As I was doing two it made sense but the rest of the troop who didn't come with me last month aren't bothering and will just share my discounts where they spend and we only have 1 car so parking is fine.

Added the ticket and now option isn’t on MDE for me! Typical.

If I left the wife long enough in World of Disney it would pay for itself in no time.

I think its one of those difficult ones now the price has gone up. We tried to work out the same and got to about $250 on parking (10 visits) then if we wanted to save the rest we would have needed to spend around $5000 going with a 10% discount as average and really didn't think we would spend that amount in one trip. As I was doing two it made sense but the rest of the troop who didn't come with me last month aren't bothering and will just share my discounts where they spend and we only have 1 car so parking is fine.

Just curious, why you feel the need of a car while staying at WDW?

When we are visiting we never get a car, we live in the bubble and when we need to go to publix, walmart etc we take an Uber its much cheaper. The few times we do get a car we get it only for part of our vacation.

Hands down 1 time per year we do an RCI exchange into SSR for a 1BR. In the 1br we cook and take an Uber to where ever we need to go for groceries etc. The other times we stay at BWV and/or VGF in a studio and still uses Uber to go buy breakfast to eat in.

I know as a DVC member you get free parking at the resorts but anyhow the need for a car is just not there for us.

Personally wouldn’t be without a car in Orlando.

I stay off site, I like to eat off site, previous years been a UOAP and HHNs goer with the odd MNSSHP for a Disney fix. Now it’s Disney with an odd Universal day.

Go to malls when I want, eat where I want and do what we want each day without waiting on uber or busses etc.

For me I wouldn’t be without a car.

Still not working on the app for me but called and got given a price of $750 to upgrade from 14 day.

I’ll wait until we arrive and try DisneySprings, can’t make $750 pay off in one trip.

We don't stay on property as its just so expensive compared to off site. When travelling solo like I did in September I do but when there are 5 of us its more relaxing to rent an apartment (through RCI offsite as the WDW ones never come up) and then we need a car. Also for shopping and going anywhere outside the Disney bubble (which we like to do for food) then its worth having one in my opinion.

Still not working on the app for me but called and got given a price of $750 to upgrade from 14 day.

I’ll wait until we arrive and try DisneySprings, can’t make $750 pay off in one trip.

So I'm going to guess this is right and what you will get quoted but definitely pop back and let us know as it would be great to know if there is some variation. If we take $490 for the 14 day ticket off the Platinum plus (what mine was converted to) that would leave around $750 to pay approximately so I think this is what they've quoted for. Obs the Platinum without water parks would be cheaper (around $100).

Mine was on the platinum not on the platinum plus.

If it had been closer to $500 I would have been in, even if was to just not feel like handing $300 over on parking :rolleyes1

have you tried calling again?, maybe the CSR on the phone are giving the same wrong prices as those in GS.

Hi,
Given its only £10 more for a 21 day pass than a 14 day on disneyHolidays.co.uk is it better to buy that if im considering an upgrade?
Thinking of maybe a platinum pass - as am bound to spend over $200 on parking anyway..

So will Disney apply more discount than the £10 difference?
Secondly and to muddy the waters further I can get an Plat AP for $899 anyway due to having a FL residence
So I assume I could upgrade for less than $400? or $200 net of expected parking
Do Disney take into account FX or will a 21 day £405 ultimate be worth same $$ for upgrade as example above?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

I normally get a select pass but this year am going over Christmas so that wont do
am in FL 13 28 Dec and will probably go back within a year

Last edited:
tried to call WDW to see what number they quote - no joy, noone seems to know anything about ticket upgrades!

Hi,
Given its only £10 more for a 21 day pass than a 14 day on disneyHolidays.co.uk is it better to buy that if im considering an upgrade?
Thinking of maybe a platinum pass - as am bound to spend over $200 on parking anyway..

So will Disney apply more discount than the £10 difference?
Secondly and to muddy the waters further I can get an Plat AP for $899 anyway due to having a FL residence
So I assume I could upgrade for less than $400? or $200 net of expected parking
Do Disney take into account FX or will a 21 day £405 ultimate be worth same $$ for upgrade as example above?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

I normally get a select pass but this year am going over Christmas so that wont do
am in FL 13 28 Dec and will probably go back within a year

Are you sure that you are able to use an Ultimate ticket as you are living in FL?

Normally the Ultimate tickets are for Europeans only - But I dont know if they even check it.

Hi I live in the UK but have a holiday home in Florida, WDW allow resident prices if you show a FL utility bill etc.

Last edited:
Hi I live in the UK but have a holiday home in Florida, WDW allow resident prices if you show a FL utility bill etc.

Im not sure but the issue might be the fact that the 14 day/21 day tickets we get over here are only for non-Florida residents so you would be trying to use a "non-resident" ticket as payment towards a "resident" ticket. I know however you can use it towards the DVC annual pass so its worth asking

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter