UK Guests Now Have to Pay for Parking at Walt Disney World Resort Hotels

JustADisneyDude

Earning My Ears
First they will need to verify which guests are using and parking their hire cars within Disney properties. Then yes fair enough charge for parking if they truly must. This may put some families off hiring a car but not all of them.
Secondly we don’t drive and will not have a car and I will contest any parking charges if they try to add them to our vacation costs. It’s not right to charge for something you don’t want or need. Thanks for the heads up though.

Does anyone know why guests from the UK didn't have to pay as everyone else? and maybe a link to a disney sie which states that guests from the UK dont need to pay until 2020?

Reason for asking is that i'm also in the EU as guests from UK, but i'm not from the UK. I had a resort stay in in Sept 2019 and I had to pay for parking. Normally all special rules which applies to UK guests also applies to the rest of the guests from EU.

I think they charge a “ resort parking fee” to the USA residents for parking at the resorts. They only got around that if they had a dining reservation at said resorts. Probably due to many Americans driving their own vehicles to WDW too, they think nothing of taking a 6 hour drive over hundreds of miles to get anywhere.

Does anyone know why guests from the UK didn't have to pay as everyone else? and maybe a link to a disney sie which states that guests from the UK dont need to pay until 2020?

Reason for asking is that i'm also in the EU as guests from UK, but i'm not from the UK. I had a resort stay in in Sept 2019 and I had to pay for parking. Normally all special rules which applies to UK guests also applies to the rest of the guests from EU.
I think it is because so many of us Brits book a very long way ahead. Myself for instance have booked for this Aug last April when our Free Dining offer for 2020 was released.

i think it just would have been too difficult to work out who had booked under the old rules and those that had booked after.

I have heard a number of Brits who have had the parking charges applied to their hotel stay without anybody asking or knowing they had a car with them. So best advice is to check the itinerary of the hotel extras bill.

it has made me decide not to hire a car this year but use Uber or Lyft for when we need to go offsite

I'm also from the EU and had parking added to my stay. When I went to the check in desk and explained that I booked through the Irish website they removed the parking charges (after some discussion), at our second hotel it was done automatically and we were never charged.

Parking was waived for UK and Ireland residents so EU should be paying for parking

Parking was waived for UK and Ireland residents so EU should be paying for parking
It wasn't waived for UK and Irish residents but for people who booked through Disney Holidays period. It was part of the package and was stated in their FAQ for a long time. I, as a Dutch resident, got my parking waived too when I mentioned that I booked through Disney Holidays.

It wasn't waived for UK and Irish residents but for people who booked through Disney Holidays period. It was part of the package and was stated in their FAQ for a long time. I, as a Dutch resident, got my parking waived too when I mentioned that I booked through Disney Holidays.
Except the Disney wording referenced guest Residing in the UK and Ireland

"Overnight resort parking charges are applicable to Disney Resort Hotel Guests who book on or after 21st March 2018. However, Guests residing in the UK or Ireland will not be charged for overnight resort parking until 31st December 2019. "

suspect you were lucky to get your back.

"Overnight resort parking charges are applicable to Disney Resort Hotel Guests who book on or after 21st March 2018. However, Guests residing in the UK or Ireland will not be charged for overnight resort parking until 31st December 2019. "

EU law states any EU citizen can buy from any EU country, so they were treated as UK client

if you booked your holiday package a year in advance with disney UK, then you should not have paid for parking. Those packages stipulated that parking was included, so they couldn't breach the contract.
That's why paid parking for those packages only started in 2020.

that wording was incorrect.
all of us who booked with Disney UK (disney holidays or whatever they call themselves), the contract included free parking in 2019.
Disney couldn't change that after the fact.
All of us, whether from the UK, Ireland, EU, etc. who booked that package were entitled to free parking last year.

But the party is now over. The new contracts no longer offer free parking.

This extra fee has made us not hire a car for the first time :scared:

We will be using taxi's or maybe hire a car for just 3 days ( depending on the cost )

if you booked your holiday package a year in advance with disney UK, then you should not have paid for parking. Those packages stipulated that parking was included, so they couldn't breach the contract.
That's why paid parking for those packages only started in 2020.

I managed to call Disney and they refunded the parking fee :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!