Uk dvc members please help..

Thanks Janet! We would like to try DWL next maybe around Christmas. I understand they have a massive christmas tree in the lobby! We visited this resort for the day last time ( we nose around all the different ones lol ) and fell in love with it.

Huey said:
Hope I am not hijacking a thread, not only am I new to this forum, I am new to forums full stop...sorry if this is bad form.

Hopefully just about to pick up an OKW contract through resale which is fairly heavy on points. I scoured this site for information before committing to make sure I was armed with information needed to make such a big decision so thanks to all the experienced DISers for the help I have gleaned so far.

My question: I am considering converting a capital sum into US Dollars when (if) I close on the DVC contract. The idea is to invest enough in Dollars to pay future dues and holiday spending money from growth on the investment. If the Dollar weakens in the future I can still choose to convert more Sterling and pay for the dues as they occur but if the Dollar strengthens I will be holding Dollars so it won't matter. Please can anyone recommend a bank which offers an account which can hold Dollars, has a debit card facility to pay the dues from the UK and use for spending money in the US as well as a linked investment account that will let me deal shares in Dollars or buy Dollar denominated funds to get the investment growth I require all for a UK resident?

I had better say thanks in advance in case I can never work out how to log back in again, so "cheers" and happy holidaying!

To pay dues by monthly direct debit you need to hold a US based account. We hold one at SunTrust - it's a checking account and comes with a check (debit) card.

For the rest you need a good IFA to advise :)

We also like going around the resorts and Christmas that would be lovely. GF is supposed to be amazing. Unfortunately we cannot go at Christmas due to work.

It will be amazing when they have built the dvc at GF! One year we went in November and we managed to see the gingerbread house there it was out of this world! We also got to see MVVMP and the Osborne lights. Wow! I know it wasn't Christmas but it was cheaper less crowded and we got to see all the Christmas stuff! Still love to go for Christmas one year though!

We went for the first two weeks in November. The Osborne lights starts around the 9th November and we got one of the MVMCP. We were delighted! The only thing we didnt catch was the tree at WL as that is put up after thanksgiving I understand with most of the actual christmas decs. Trouble is if you go at the end of November its really expensive because of the US thanksgiving. So if you wanted to see the decorations as well maybe the beginning of Dec.

But that time in Nov was magical as the weather was just perfect, flights cheap and rides with low waits! MVMCP was amazing.

To pay dues by monthly direct debit you need to hold a US based account. We hold one at SunTrust - it's a checking account and comes with a check (debit) card.

For the rest you need a good IFA to advise :)

Thanks Elise, do you not need a US address to open a SunTrust account? I had tried a couple of American banks who wouldn't offer me an account due to my UK address and residency. Tx.

Paula Sedley-Burke said:
We went for the first two weeks in November. The Osborne lights starts around the 9th November and we got one of the MVMCP. We were delighted! The only thing we didnt catch was the tree at WL as that is put up after thanksgiving I understand with most of the actual christmas decs. Trouble is if you go at the end of November its really expensive because of the US thanksgiving. So if you wanted to see the decorations as well maybe the beginning of Dec.

But that time in Nov was magical as the weather was just perfect, flights cheap and rides with low waits! MVMCP was amazing.

I think we will wait and till we retire and do end November beginning dec to keep the cost down :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter