uk blue badges/parking costs

binkyboots

Evil Pastry
Ok, more questions!

Is our blue badge from the uk vaild in Florida?

How much is parking at the theme parks for guests with disabled badges?

thanks!!

kaytieeldr said:
Your blue badge should be fine.
On the other hand, it does not change the parking fee. :(

Although it reduces the cost of valet parking at the resorts to $0.00 plus tip.
:dog2:

Parking for cars at the theme parks is $8.00 per day. However, if you are either a Guest at a Disney Resort or have an Annual Pass there is no charge for parking. If you are staying off-property (or at one of the Hotel Plaza hotels) you have to pay the fee.

With the blue badge you do not have to pay the additional fee for velet parking at the deluxe hotels.

thanks guys, good to know, we leave next friday so I'm dashing to get all the info we need :Pinkbounc

we are staying at POFQ, so i do not have to pay for valet parking as we have the blue disabled badge, even though my wife will not be in a wheelchair [she refuses to use one if possible]

rpbert1 said:
we are staying at POFQ, so i do not have to pay for valet parking as we have the blue disabled badge, even though my wife will not be in a wheelchair [she refuses to use one if possible]
I'm not sure, but I believe that valet parking is only available at the Deluxe resorts (POFQ is a moderate). We have valet parked at the delux resorts, but have never thought of doing it a a moderate.
You can pull up though, drop her off and then go park.

Yep, Sue's right - Deluxe Resorts only. And while I'm sure Valet Parking is available at the Swan and the Dolphin, their 'rules' are probably different, i.e. everybody has to pay, HP placard/plate or not.

kaytieeldr said:
Yep, Sue's right - Deluxe Resorts only. And while I'm sure Valet Parking is available at the Swan and the Dolphin, their 'rules' are probably different, i.e. everybody has to pay, HP placard/plate or not.
We've found that a lot of hotels that provide valet parking will waive the fee for people with handicapped parking permits - probably because many of them don't have a lot of handicapped parking spots or because their spots are actually farther away from the entrance than is allowed by the ADA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter