Uh-oh on all the FP and dining ressies....

I'll fly for this Mickey Mouse outfit!
Anyone gonna change Fort plans based on this... ?

Last edited:
Well, as we tell folks on this board, we're campers and we generally bring our kitchens, Coleman stoves, and fridges/coolers with us when we bring our own guestroom (camper/rv/tent) to WDW.

I guess I may have to throw some steak on the grill instead. :rolleyes:

Seriously, 60 day ADR's is a good move but I hope Disney will still differentiate the booking window for on-site guests versus non-site guests to justify the on-site rates somewhat. I hate losing my October ADR's but I don't eat Disney food for the food itself. I eat it for the convenience (major reason) and experience (minor reason).

The food I can cook tastes the best anyway.

So it wouldn't change Fort plans for me, 4077. I'll move the $$$ difference from paying for ADR meals to paying for the campsite. 💰

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Well, as we tell folks on this board, we're campers and we generally bring our kitchens, Coleman stoves, and fridges/coolers with us when we bring our own guestroom (camper/rv/tent) with us to WDW.

I guess I may have to throw some steak on the grill instead. :rolleyes:

Seriously, 60 day ADR's is a good move but I hope Disney will still differentiate the booking window for on-site guests versus non-site guests to justify the on-site rates somewhat. I hate losing my October ADR's but I don't eat Disney food for the food itself. I eat it for the convenience (major reason) and experience (minor reason).

The food I can cook tastes the best anyway.

So it wouldn't change Fort plans for me, 4077. I'll move the $$$ difference from paying for ADR meals to paying for the campsite. 💰

Bama Ed

I have to say I am liking my trailer a lot more about now.... did not have a Disney vacation planned this year (although supposed to cruise Disney in August)... certainly keeps the DIS interesting right now!

Thought I was ok, but got an email today with the message about ADRs, fastpasses, etc. Not checking into the Fort until the 14th of October so I wasn't worried. Oh well, wanted my 'Ohana fix. Was willing to give Cape May Cafe another try and wanted my Trails end dinner. I guess we'll see how it all pans out....

Is this a change for existing reservations, or moving forward all ADRS are at the 60 day mark?

ALL current FP, ADR, and DDP reservations are/will be cancelled with everyone starting clean slate on the new system with the 60 bday thing.... (nobody gets to keep any current reservations other than resorts and tickets...and all that--such as what resort you end up at--appears subject to change as well... lots of info coming out about how this will affect dated tix, etc all coming out...lots of info still to be coming out... go to the Disney Rumors and News Forum and you will get a LOT of info in the "Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus" thread....

I only had Be Our Guest and arrival day at TE, so lost both of those. I think I'm going to help out Dreams Unlimited and use them to rebook when able. I had not yet purchased park tickets for October. I'll let them handle that too.

We just cancelled our 9/26/20 - 10/10/20 Disney trip. Got the e-mail about our dining reservations being cancelled, that there will be no fast-passes, you'll need to make reservations to go to a park, no extra magic hours, etc. So when the reservation system opens up we plan on reserving same time frame in 2021. Hopefully by then the magical, happy place on earth will be back to normal as I hope every other place will be as well.

Haven't got the email yet, will wait until closer to Oct before a decision is made, a lot can change with how the parks operate between now and October.

Haven't got the email yet, will wait until closer to Oct before a decision is made, a lot can change with how the parks operate between now and October.
Agreed. If its really limited still then likely we'll still be there but may be back to original plan of just myself and DW and skip the parks.

We'll see. Lot of time yet.

Anyone gonna change Fort plans based on this... ?
We just cancelled our 9/26/20 - 10/10/20 Disney trip. Got the e-mail about our dining reservations being cancelled, that there will be no fast-passes, you'll need to make reservations to go to a park, no extra magic hours, etc. So when the reservation system opens up we plan on reserving same time frame in 2021. Hopefully by then the magical, happy place on earth will be back to normal as I hope every other place will be as well.
Agreed. If its really limited still then likely we'll still be there but may be back to original plan of just myself and DW and skip the parks.

We'll see. Lot of time yet.

Don't need visits to Parks or FP's or DR's and don't mind masks or temp. being taken so we are GOOD TO GO IN JULY AND SEPTEMBER

I imagine those going to Fort Wilderness during the Halloween season may face issues. I've seen lots of videos showing the crowds camping and looping to see all of the decorations. WDW might address that situation unfortunately for those that count on going then.

I'm glad it will be open for our August trip...I think. It was the first time for my brother and cousin not only for the Fort but their first trip with both their popups. My family was so excited to show them the pool, the games, campfire, a drink on the beach for fireworks while the kids played in the sand. There were to be no parks or ADR at all but what's a trip without a monorail crawl? So, I'm sort of in the middle, glad to be going back to our special place but worried that all the changes are going to fundamentally change it so it's a totally different place/experience.

I'm glad it will be open for our August trip...I think. It was the first time for my brother and cousin not only for the Fort but their first trip with both their popups. My family was so excited to show them the pool, the games, campfire, a drink on the beach for fireworks while the kids played in the sand. There were to be no parks or ADR at all but what's a trip without a monorail crawl? So, I'm sort of in the middle, glad to be going back to our special place but worried that all the changes are going to fundamentally change it so it's a totally different place/experience.
Yeah... I think big changes are inevitable this early on... hoping that the family aspect of the trip will make up for it at some level and allow there to still be good (albeit rather different and maybe even strange) memories.

We're 5/2021, so right now I'm not going to fret about FP+ and ADRs.

Actually we do pretty minimum ADRs anyway, usually only a couple of 'splurge' dinners and a TS lunch somewhere, and still manage to find places to eat with 'minimum' wait. So I'd be bummed if they did away with them altogether but if they wanted to just create a 'shorter' window, like 90 days instead of 6 mo , I'd be OK with that, too.

The 'loss' of FP+ would really bum me out, though. But I'm hoping this is only temporary and by next May things will have settled into the 'new normal' and the 60 day window for Resort Guests' FP+ will be back.

Our BIG 'no go' is whether or not all 4 parks will be open AND what/how many attractions are closed. I may have to work on nDH if there are no FP+ though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!