Ugh, just thought of something...

The Sybah Shelstah

Mouseketeer
All the different activities and clubs and babysitting things that Disney offers- um..... I won't be able to use them but for a year or so!!!!
By the time my youngest is 4 (the minimum age) my oldest will be almost 11. That means ONE year, if I go that year, will I be able to take advantage of those programs. After that- can't.. because my oldest will be over 12yrs old.

*sigh* Major bummer.

BUT... In three years or so your older child will be old enough to babysit and that will be much cheaper!!!!!!

Smile again.

jordan's mom

Don't forget Fairy Godmothers - I'm pretty sure they do all age ranges! And don't overlook the possibility of sending those who can go to a club there for a kids night, and taking the rest of the crew someplace else that the club-going kids may not find fun!

Thanks for the reminder about other options. I guess I'm still in the mindset of the ages they are NOW and was thinking "no nights out at PI for us" other than that one year... UNLESS using Fairy Godmothers ofcourse. But I thought the clubs would be more fun for them than inroom babysitting... that's why I was bummed about not being able to use it for more than one year.

I guess I just wanted to vent about the age restrictions. Would 13yr olds really hurt having them in there? I guess some 13yr olds might be a pain in the butt.. that teen attitude. LOL Just bummed because I have to wait and wait till my youngest is old enough and then WHAM.. the oldest is too old. :(

I still don't think I'd take a 12+yr old to PI with us... if it was even allowed? Oh well... it's not like I'm not already used to never doing anything without the kids here at home. LOL Ha... I'm very used to it.

One thing I had read about Fairy Godmothers on ONE website but didn't see mention of it anywhere else that I read about FG- and want to find out if it's true.... do they really take them to the parks or do something with them if you want? I envisioned them just sitting in the room the whole time. We used kids night out for one evening at our last trip but it was late and they went to bed rather quickly after we left anyway. But if it wasn't late- do they really do stuff like that with them? And if so, has anyone ever used them for MORE than just sitting there babysitting them in your room?
Just curious.
My problem is that to be just babysat in the room is not fun for the kids. The clubs would have been a lot of fun for my kids- yanno? :(

Hi, :wave:

It isn't the same, but I hear on the cruise lines they have great activities for kids, and ones for teens too. That way both kids would be included. (but no P.I.)

Of course this is a few years in the future, a lot could happen between now and then!

At some point there has to be a cutoff age. I wouldn't be comfortable putting my four year old in a place where teenagers hang out - even supervised. Too much of an age gap. My four year old doesn't need any more of "that teen attitude" than he has already.

Might be even nicer if Disney kids clubs were a little more age divided like they are on the cruise. 4 -8. 8 -12. And a lightly supervised "teen" place. A 13 year old is not going to have fun hanging out with a bunch of four to six year olds.

Why not let your teenager hang out in the room by themselves? If they are responsible kids that is. Rent a movie for them, let them order room service. (And then call and make sure they are still there). A really responsible 13 year old could be dropped off at DisneyQuest for the evening.

(The daycare we use only provides latchkey services for kids up to 12 as well. At 13, kids are expected to be old enough to be able to stay by themselves for several hours).

I do agree with you about different aged groups. It would be nice if they were in age groups more like what you described in your post (even with the 4-12 ages I mean).

I also understand what you are saying about 13yrs old... but she only just turned 9 and I guess at this point I don't see her being mature enough to leave her alone at age 13. HAHAHAHA But ofcourse that might change in the future. I certainly hope so! The dropping off at Disneyquest (with instructions not to leave there till I returned) would probably be a better idea for us than just at the hotel room. Because that would be boring unless she wandered to the arcade or pool and that would worry me... walking around in the dark alone. (we'd most likely go out in the evening- and it would most likely be dark for atleast a portion of the time we were out). But DisneyQuest is also close to Pleasure Island and all of DTD... where we would probably BE... so that's a good idea. You're brilliant! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter