Uber to CDG at 2am?

Louise97

Mouseketeer
I'm debating a very quick trip for DLP Pride in June. Due to work schedules, we'd need to fly in late Friday night and back on Sunday morning so we would literally just be there for the party (we were there in April, we're back in October, we know what we're missing!).

To keep costs down, and also because we'd be arriving late / leaving early, I'm looking at hotels at CDG. Which means travelling back to the CDG area around 2am when the party ends. We've only used the TGV / Magical Shuttle which don't run at those times, so I'm looking at Uber.

Does anyone have any experience of getting an Uber at 2am from DLP? The other option is to book a private transfer but that means deciding in advance if we stay all the way through to 2am whereas Uber would give us the choice to leave the party around midnight if we're flagging.

Never done it, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are Ubers available, as it is moment when they can pick up several rides.

My concern is more, it is a 45 minute drive to the airport. I think drivers will be more willing to pick up rides that are 10 minutes to the neighbouring hotels and then drive back to DLP for more customers.

Do you have to be staying near the airport? It may be easier to stay in the Val D'Europe area - there's plenty of cheap hotels around there (Ibis, Residhome, etc.) and it is only one stop on the RER to the parks (not sure when trains stop running at night though) or 5 minutes by Uber and as Karin says, you're far more likely to find a willing driver to make that sort of ride late at night as they can quickly get back to the parks and make another fare very quickly after.

I am curious about this as well. I am actually at DLP the week before you. Is Uber the only option at DLP? Is there Lyft or private taxi services? I already made my reservation at the hotel near CDG so I can't change it now.
I was thinking of asking the Sequoia hotel concierge for options.

Thanks for the replies!

That's a really good point about finding a driver happy to do the 45 minute drive at that time. I'll have a look at options in Val d'Europe - it's less convenient for our late arrival on Friday night but I think the trade off for an easier journey after the party is probably worth it.

I am curious about this as well. I am actually at DLP the week before you. Is Uber the only option at DLP? Is there Lyft or private taxi services? I already made my reservation at the hotel near CDG so I can't change it now.
I was thinking of asking the Sequoia hotel concierge for options.
Lyft doesn't operate outside North America. There are other taxi companies of course, Uber is usually the cheapest but you depend on if someone is available / willing to pick up the ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter