Uber/Lyft questions on carseats

burrito25

Earning My Ears
i know the lyft Minnie vans have 2 car seats but i cant seem to figure out if uber family and lyft equivalent (is there one) have ONLY 1 or 2 car seats?

does anyone know?

thanks

Uber vehicles with car seats have limited availability in both the X and XL vehicle categories. They have ONE car seat.

This appears to be a program Uber is no longer emphasizing, so as the involved drivers quit, the numbers of available car seats decrease and obviously there is less availability.

Lyft has NO vehicles with child seats.

This appears to be a program Uber is no longer emphasizing, so as the involved drivers quit, the numbers of available car seats decrease and obviously there is less availability.

I am really not surprised by this at all. It's a pretty big liability the driver is taking on. Making sure the car set is appropriate for the child's size, making room between passengers and luggage for a non-family user, plus the added expense of the car seat. Super Shuttle and Mears have taken a position that I think Uber & Lyft will too, "Bring your own." If you are using a service where you pre-book I think they are able to accommodate those needs. But the bulk of Uber/Lyft riders are not dealing with kids.

Uber vehicles with car seats have limited availability in both the X and XL vehicle categories. They have ONE car seat.

To expand on this, Uber's car seat program is a separate class of service and is an added cost. Didn't want OP to think that any old X or XL they found would have a car seat. You have to specifically scroll to find one of the Uber with Car Seat option vehicles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter