Typical weather Jan. 1-8??...

Walts Buddy

Earning My Ears
We've visited WDW in early Feb. and late Jan. before, but not quite this early in Jan...What type of weather should we expect and how would you suggest packing for this time of year? TIA...:sunny:

You have to be prepared for all kinds of weather in Jan. Hopefully you won't need the jackets, hats and gloves but bring them anyway!

You can swim if you're from the great white north!! We've travelled early January twice, and my kids were in the pool almost every day. I, on the other hand, would only go in if the temperature hit 70. I think I was in the pool twice both trips.
We had a real mix of weather both times. A few days were balmy in comparison to what we'd left behind (low to mid 70's), a few days were 60'ish, and then a couple of days were downright cold! In fact, the evening we sat and waited for Fantasmic, it dropped to freezing. We got soaked at AK and had to stand in front of these huge dryers for about half an hour - it was too cold to leave without being perfectly dry. So pack a jacket, gloves and hats just in case. The worst thing that can happen is you won't need them! The benefit of putting up with the unreliable weather is the lack of crowds.

Hi,

We are going down Jan 2. This will be the first time for us going to disney in the winter.

I looked up the weather stats for Orlando on weather.com for january and typically it is 50's low and upper 60's for high.

HOpe we can swim!

Maybe we'll see you there.

Herc.

We were at WDW from 1/5-1/12. It was mostly sweatpants and a tee shirt with sweatshirt (layers week) and light jacket. It would start the days in the 50's and our arrival day was about 75. Second day it rained but was in the upper 60's. There was one day in the upper 40's with the evening in the 20's (they CM's were joking that it was warmed in anchorage Alaska than in Orlando. The last few days were upper 60's- mid 70's. We swam briefly one day but spent most of that time in the spa because it was a little cool.
It basically was perfect touring weather. We wore layers and tied them around our waist and it warmed up.
Oh. DFH had to buy gloves because it was quite cool a number of nights.

Pack for hot, dry, cold, and wet. One year the temperature range during our January stay was 30 to 80 degrees, and the extremes were on back-to-back days to boot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter