Typhoon Lagoon H2O Glow - thoughts?

maui2k5

DIS Veteran
We are going to WDW this Aug for 9 nights and are considering things to do to add some special items such as after hours events or early morning magic. The one even I know little about is H2O Glow.

What are your thoughts on this event for 8 and 10yr old girls? We do have park hopper plus so it is not needed to go to Typhoon Lagoon, but is it worth the up charge?

We went last year with our kids those ages (except 8 y/o is a boy :) ) We had a great time. It was nice with no lines and the wave pool was not packed, which was really nice too! It was so different being in a water park at night. The only thing I would do different - take warmer clothes to wear back and try to avoid the buses. Even though it was August when we were there, it felt chilly in the evening and the air conditioned buses didn't help (but yet when we wanted them cool after a park day we were sweating! lol) Anyways, with the transfer at Disney Springs (unless staying at an All Star with a direct bus) it was a pain! They kids were tired and having to wait for 2 different busses then having them chilled on the bus was miserable.
We would definitely do the event again if it's offered when we are there, however, I would consider Minnie Van or Uber or something when returning to the resort, unless you have your own car there.

I attended last year with my DH and two young adult children. We loved the easy crowds, but best for us was not having to worry about sunburns or scorching hot pavement! The extra themed features were fun, too.

My wife and I went to the H2O Glow Nights last year and have already bought tickets for this year. Also didn't need the admission to Typhoon Lagoon, but found it very worthwhile anyway. We got to ride the slides as much as we wanted without appreciable waits, leaving us plenty of time to enjoy the wave pool and just generally unwind without heavy crowds. The added bonus was not having to worry about sunscreen or sunburns, no hot pavement, but still with temperatures more than warm enough to not freeze when out of the water. Really a great time.

During the event, does the wave pool do the big crashing waves, or is it all just swells?

The only thing I would do different...try to avoid the buses... with the transfer at Disney Springs (unless staying at an All Star with a direct bus) it was a pain!

With respect to this comment, aren't there buses directly between the resorts and the water parks? Why would you have to go to Disney Springs first?

Exac
With respect to this comment, aren't there buses directly between the resorts and the water parks? Why would you have to go to Disney Springs first?
Exactly.
And Disney Springs is the easiest connecting location between water parks and resorts.

Several years ago, Disney stopped direct resort to waterpark buses. Now, you take a Resort bus to DS then transfer to the waterpark bus. We always use the buses going to the waterparks. When we leave, we find Uber to be easier. We’re just too tired at that point to transfer buses.

For this event, we usually plan dinner in DS since the bus is right there.

We are going to WDW this Aug for 9 nights and are considering things to do to add some special items such as after hours events or early morning magic. The one even I know little about is H2O Glow.

What are your thoughts on this event for 8 and 10yr old girls? We do have park hopper plus so it is not needed to go to Typhoon Lagoon, but is it worth the up charge?

They will LOVE it!! My boys are 9 & 12, & they had a blast! They have a fun DJ, loads of dance parties, they handed out Typhoon Lagoon glow sticks, the lines were basically straight walk on, AND last year they had Character meet & greets through out the water park!! We got to take pictures with Jessie, Woody, & Buzz. The theme last year was Toy Story as it was an extended promotion with Toy Story Land opening. Not sure if the theme is the same this year or not.

But TOTALLY worth it!!!

Any recent reviews on this? We are thinking about going in July.

I’ve been looking for reviews as well. I’m surprised we haven’t seen any yet. I know they had the special event but that’s not representative of what it might be like crowd wise.

It’s funny, we had a thread last year and there was hardly any discussion all summer. Just an occasional report. Mostly crickets.

I’ve all but decided we are doing it again instead of MK Villains DAH (same night) on our summer trip.

I’ve been looking for reviews as well. I’m surprised we haven’t seen any yet. I know they had the special event but that’s not representative of what it might be like crowd wise.
Yes, I can't seem to find much anywhere :confused3

It’s funny, we had a thread last year and there was hardly any discussion all summer. Just an occasional report. Mostly crickets.

I’ve all but decided we are doing it again instead of MK Villains DAH (same night) on our summer trip.
I'm trying to decide between those 2 too!
I'm so nervous to go to the HS or AK ones given reports of long waits when one ride is down.:mic:

We did MKAH in April and absolutely loved it. :cloud9:We would do that one again for one of our MK days but I'm waiting to see what happens with the villain's change.

My kids love the idea of the TLAH event, so down to those 2.

Now that my youngest is 10, he can hang a little longer. Plus I think we are done with the EMM events for now, so this will be our only extra event.

Want to pick the right one!!:scratchin

That was our choice too. If it had been just a regular MK after hours, the choice would’ve been much harder. I’m excited, haven’t been to the water parks in several years. We did a night time event years ago and loved it. Back then, it was more of just an evening emh though. Not having to coat ourselves in sunscreen sounds like heaven to me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!