two reservations, same week, one preferred other premium, what to do?

MyHappyThoughts

Earning My Ears
Long story short! Our plans changed, so, trying to get week of November 24-Dec 1 at Ft Wilderness, was able to get Nov. 25-30 Premium site. Kept trying and was able to add a day at end Nov 30-Dec 1 with Premium campsite. Kept trying and was able to get Nov 24-25 with Preferred site. How can I fix this? Have gotten two different answers from Cast Members in reservations. One said she'd just make a note and if availability at time they'd give me the same campsite so we wouldn't have to move and the other said, oh no, you'll have to move! Any ideas or anyone been in this situation before? Thanks!:crazy:

I would keep trying to get the Premium site for Nov 24-25. Most people, being very persistent, checking multiple times a day, have been able to piece together what they needed. Worst case is you will have to move on day 2 of the visit.

Around the 2 month window, a lot of people cancel when they have to pay in full for a package. That (and right up to your arrival date) seems to be the best time to get what you're looking for. Like the CM said, you can call and have a note put on your resi and they will try to accommodate you, but that is a VERY busy period. If you arrive with the split site reservations, I would just plan on a 2 hour window to move sites. You're still at the Fort, so not the end of the world.

j

I would agree with Teamubr, you would have to move. They are two different price points, so Disney would be giving you a free upgrade according to the first CM. Not very likely to happen.
Although I disagree with his 2 hour window, depends on whether or not the site you are moving to is ready. You have to be off your site, and the new one may not be ready could be a bigger window there.
I would try to get all the same price point days to my reservation. But again that is a very busy time.

I would keep trying to get the Premium site for Nov 24-25. Most people, being very persistent, checking multiple times a day, have been able to piece together what they needed. Worst case is you will have to move on day 2 of the visit.

Around the 2 month window, a lot of people cancel when they have to pay in full for a package. That (and right up to your arrival date) seems to be the best time to get what you're looking for. Like the CM said, you can call and have a note put on your resi and they will try to accommodate you, but that is a VERY busy period. If you arrive with the split site reservations, I would just plan on a 2 hour window to move sites. You're still at the Fort, so not the end of the world.

j
Okay, I will definitely keep trying! Thanks!

I would agree with Teamubr, you would have to move. They are two different price points, so Disney would be giving you a free upgrade according to the first CM. Not very likely to happen.
Although I disagree with his 2 hour window, depends on whether or not the site you are moving to is ready. You have to be off your site, and the new one may not be ready could be a bigger window there.
I would try to get all the same price point days to my reservation. But again that is a very busy time.

Good points, I'm going to keep trying to get that Premium site on first day then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter