Two Questions: Using Maxpass for group + how early to reserve THE VOID

aymiewilson

Mouseketeer
Hi! Couple of questions for an upcoming trip I'm planning - 3.5 weeks away eek!

1) We're a group of 5. All of us are buying Maxpass each day (we bought our tickets from Getaway Today, so didn't have option to just buy it up front.) I have one friend in the group who is VERY close with his personal info and does not want to download the Disneyland app. There is a workaround for this, right? I mean they don't expect five year olds to have cell phones - their parents would be reserving Maxpasses for them.

If I understand the process right, I can still buy his Maxpass for him using MY Disneyland app, right? I would just scan the bar code on the back of his ticket in my app and then buy it for him and reserve all of his Maxpasses during our trip when I reserve my own.

2) We have 5 full days at DLR but only 4 day park hoppers. We plan to use our middle day as a rest day to just putz around Downtown Disney, shop, etc. We are interested in doing the Star Wars VR, and I'm wondering how far in advance you think we need to reserve spots for that? We don't have any set plans for that day - could we just do a walk up? Or do we need to have at least that one thing locked in because we risk not being able to do it if we don't reserve in advance?

I have a similar question. What do you do with members of your parties who do not have smartphones? We will be 6, 4 adults and 2 teens. Our teens have 'dumb phones' and Ipods, but not smartphones. This will be our first trip since Maxpass started, and I am kind of clueless about the details. Usually I am the FP runner because I can't do a bunch of the rides due to motion sickness/back problems.

Yes, you can buy his MaxPass and reserve his FP for him, then you can either scan the barcode on your phone to redeem his FP or he can just scan his physical ticket media at the touch point (this is faster and the option I recommend). My husband and I both have the DL app, but he prefers that I do all of the Maxpass stuff, his is just there in case something happens with my phone or whatever. I have purchased MaxPass for him, you just need to scan in the ticket and you will have the option to add MaxPass and book FP.

I reserved TheVoid about a week in advance but there were quite a few walk ups when we went, not sure if that's always the case though or if we went at a time where there were lots of openings.

Yes, you can buy his MaxPass and reserve his FP for him, then you can either scan the barcode on your phone to redeem his FP or he can just scan his physical ticket media at the touch point (this is faster and the option I recommend). My husband and I both have the DL app, but he prefers that I do all of the Maxpass stuff, his is just there in case something happens with my phone or whatever. I have purchased MaxPass for him, you just need to scan in the ticket and you will have the option to add MaxPass and book FP.

I reserved TheVoid about a week in advance but there were quite a few walk ups when we went, not sure if that's always the case though or if we went at a time where there were lots of openings.

Thanks so much! I thought it would be that simple, but just wanted to double check. As I’m the planner, I’ll probably just be in charge of the entire group’s MaxPass purchases.

Sounds like we may want to just keep an eye on opening for The VOID and then buy ahead of time if it looks like it’s gonna book up.

I have a similar question. What do you do with members of your parties who do not have smartphones? We will be 6, 4 adults and 2 teens. Our teens have 'dumb phones' and Ipods, but not smartphones. This will be our first trip since Maxpass started, and I am kind of clueless about the details. Usually I am the FP runner because I can't do a bunch of the rides due to motion sickness/back problems.
Just use your phones for the teens.

Just use your phones for the teens.
What do they have to have to get on a ride with Maxpass? I don't do all the rides, and I won't want to send my phone with them because I want to be able to communicate with them when they get off the ride. Thanks for the help!

What do they have to have to get on a ride with Maxpass? I don't do all the rides, and I won't want to send my phone with them because I want to be able to communicate with them when they get off the ride. Thanks for the help!

They don't need to use the phone to redeem the FP, they just each need to have their ticket media and that will be scanned at the FP touch point.

The paper ticket is linked electronically to the maxpass system. So yes, pp is correct. Have the teens scan their ticket.

Thanks so much! I thought it would be that simple, but just wanted to double check. As I’m the planner, I’ll probably just be in charge of the entire group’s MaxPass purchases.

Sounds like we may want to just keep an eye on opening for The VOID and then buy ahead of time if it looks like it’s gonna book up.
The paper ticket is linked electronically to the maxpass system. So yes, pp is correct. Have the teens scan their ticket.
Exactly. We are a group of 9 this next trip. We have found it difficult to do it on the phones scanning with the CM trying to keep up with who enters the FP line when one gets scanned. It's much easier for everyone to have their ticket and walk up and scan and go. Especially since some times the tickets don't like to scroll through on the website. We saw some poor lady trying to do FP for GOTG MAD but couldn't get the screen to swipe. The line backed up to the paper distribution side until they finally moved her party to the side to the right scanner and let everyone else in on the left.

I was the only one in our group in August managing FP with the app on my phone however everyone in our group had a smart phone. What I did was make sure everyone had a screen shot of the Photopass code in case they had pictures taken so they could be stored to the account. They could just record their ride photo numbers (they often took pictures) for entry later on the app to link to the account. If we had FP for different rides I would just send screen shots of the tickets they needed for them to use. Worked without any problems. I loved the system. Was standing in line at Peter Pan getting FP for Splash Mtn. Between the more frequent returns (90 vs 120 min) for max pass and the fact that the app let's you know when you can get another pass (often less than 90 minutes I found in the a.m) I held way more FP a day than i did on the paparr system. We were only going to do it for a day of our 4 day trip and ended up loving it so we used it all 4 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter