Two Different Home Resorts

BcIcemen

DIS Veteran
How tough is it to manage two contracts? does it make a difference what the YU are? TIA

If you own two resorts but the same UY and titled the same way, it will be one membership. Each can be used at 11 months at its own resort, but at 7 m thx you can combine the points from both to book. It really isn’t hard at all.

With a different UY, you are now talking two memberships. That means to use the points together, regardless of whether they are same resort, requires you to book whole nights on each and then link the reservations. Or transfer points from one to the other. But once transferred, you have to call MS to book as they won’t show up online.

So, keeping UY the same is ideal u less you have a specific reason not to. I have 3 UYs but since each has enough points in them..300, 350, and 150..I use them to book different trips and never combine as each can function on its own.

I have two different home resorts, same UY. It's easy to book each home resort at 11 months and then combine the points at 7 months. I know people manage multiple UYs, but I find it nice and simple to only have to worry about one!

We have 2 different home resorts and 2 different UYs. For login purposes, we log in under one sign in and both memberships are listed in a drop down. That's easy. We don't mind the different UYs but we use them for different vacations. We specifically bought knowing we were planning on handling it as different trips so we have no problems. We bank and borrow at the each resort to complete trips. we have nor done a transfer between the 2 not have we tried to complete a trip that wasn't a split. (We actually like to spend a night or 2 at one resort and then move to the other)

Last edited:
We have 2 different home resorts and 2 different UYs. For login purposes, we log in under one sign in and both memberships are listed in a drop down. That's easy. We don't mind the different UYs but we use them for different vacations. We specifically bought knowing we were planning on handling it as different trips so we have no problems. We bank and borrow at the each resort to complete trips. we have not done a transfer between the 2 not have we tried to complete a trip that wasn't a split. (We actually like to spend a night or 2 at one resort and then move to the other)

This matches us. I do not worry about borrowing on one even when I may have current points in another. The transfer would be to restrictive since you can’t do online. But I agree, if one wants to combine then stick with one UY..

We have two home resorts and three contacts. All same use year. It's not too difficult to manage, just take a little bit to get the hang of it. Approach it similar to what others have mentioned.

3 home resorts, 2 UY here. We bought to use the contracts separately and to book at/close to 11 months. We like split stays, so our upcoming trip will be at VGF and RIV. Next summer we plan to use VGF points and RIV points again for another long split stay. Like PP who have different UY, we have those UY for a purpose - Aug UY for summer (AUG) trips and fall-winter holidays, and Feb UY for Feb and April school breaks and into the summer.

We have 2 Home Resorts and three different Use Years. Two of the Memberships have one Home Resort and the third has both Home Resorts represented.

The flexibility offered by having multiple Use Years is great and not really difficult to manage at all. We've never lost any points due to missing banking deadlines.

Enjoy!

We have multiple UY’s and use them for different purposes.

The only time we had to transfer points between the contracts was when we originally bought them as we had already a vacation planned and to avoid loosing the new points we swapped them with the ones used for the planned vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!