Two days in April

DISfam2401

Mouseketeer
Hello! We just booked a spur of the moment trip to Paris for a week in April (My husband will be in Europe the week before for work.) We're going to be in Paris for 4 days then take the RER to DLP Friday morning, stay over at the Cheyenne and leave by Magical Express Saturday around 4:30. I just booked on the French site and saved $220!

We go to WDW in Florida every year, but this is all new. I'm used to booking dinner reservations and fast-passes so far in advance and having everything planned out 6 months before we go. This will just be my husband and I and our 7 year old son (leaving the 2 year old with grandma) and we'd like to do the park more casually than we do WDW.

My plan was to do Disneyland Parc on Friday (stay til at least the fireworks) and then the studios on Saturday. I'm just not sure if I should make dinner reservations (and where?) Are they necessary at DLP like they are at WDW? Also, how do the fastpasses work? If I'm understanding it correctly, you just go the ride itself and it gives you a return time?

Any other advice for our trip? I know this is a vague post, but I feel like maybe we should just not plan it and just explore, but don't want to miss any must-sees. Thanks in advance!

My plan was to do Disneyland Parc on Friday (stay til at least the fireworks) and then the studios on Saturday.
try to get to Disney as early as you can on the Friday. Your room probally wont be ready but you can leave your luggage at the luggage room, check in, get your park tickets and then come back later to get your room key cards

As Friday is your longer park day, yes going to the main park Friday and then Studios Saturday is the best option. You might find you have time for your favourite ride in the main park before you leave :)

I'm just not sure if I should make dinner reservations (and where?) Are they necessary at DLP like they are at WDW?
Defiantly make dinner reservations. Its not manic like at WDW but for most places they dont really have that much walk up availability. You can book reservations from 60 days in advance and only by phone. You do not have to give payment details when you book ADR and there is no no-show charge. You can also book restaurants when you check in at your hotel and at Town Hall.

Have a look at http://www.disneylandparis.ie/dining/ most places have the menus online. The more popular places such as Walts, Chez Remy, Captain Jacks (the restaurant in Pirates) the character meals book out early.

Also, how do the fastpasses work? If I'm understanding it correctly, you just go the ride itself and it gives you a return time?
There are Fastpass machines located beside some rides. You insert your paper park ticket into the machine and you get back a Fastpass ticket. It will have the return time window printed on it. The rides which have Fastpass are

Main Park
Peter Pan
Buzz
Star Tours
Space Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain
Indian Jones Roller Coaster

Studios
Ratatouille
Tower of Terror
Flying Carpets
RocknRoller Coaster

Any other advice for our trip? I know this is a vague post, but I feel like maybe we should just not plan it and just explore, but don't want to miss any must-sees. Thanks in advance!

dont discount things are counterparts of WDW rides. Most things in Disneyland Paris are different versions eg Pirates, Peter Pan, Phantom Manor. The Castle has a dragon underneath. Ratatouille and Crush Coaster in The Studios are unique to Disneyland Paris. Explore Disneyland Hotel, Fantasyland has the dark rides which are now gone from WDW and so much more

Thank you! After some research and your amazing reply, I do feel a bit better.

dont discount things are counterparts of WDW rides

We're definitely planning to check out the different versions of WDW rides. My son's favorite 2 rides are Pirates and Haunted Mansion. Unfortunately, Phantom Manor will still be closed when we're there. I heard your versions were better, anyway ;)

When I booked our trip, I included transfer back to Orly on the Magical shuttle, but it never asked me what time we wanted to be picked up. Do I just do this at the hotel? Thanks again for your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!