Two Day Trip - Crazy??

Hi Everyone,
I just got back from my weekend trip and wanted to report back on my experience in case anyone is considering something like this in the future:

I arrived in Orlando, Friday at 8:00pm, got on ME by 9pm, got to CSR, dropped off my stuff, and made it to HS for the 10:30-12:30a EMH. I was able to do both Toy Story rides and get something to eat at Woody's Lunchbox within that time. AS2 was OK, but half the ride broke down and capacity was reduced, significantly increasing the wait. It is not worth more than 15 minutes IMO. SDD was very cute and I only ended up waiting 30 minutes even though the wait said 65. Overall, Toy Story Land isn't worth a special trip, but cute to visit if you're already there and have nothing else you want to do more, especially for smaller kids.

The next day, I rope dropped Pandora and got both rides done by 8:40 after getting to the park by 7:15am. If you can't get a FP+ for FoP, definitely rope drop. I was exhausted from the night before, but this was so worth it! Then, I spent some time at Disney Springs before a break and then heading out to MK.

I didn't feel like crowds at MK were horrible by any means, just VERY hot. I also stayed for DAH, which was AMAZING. I reviewed it in the official thread and could not recommend it enough!

Next day, I was able to rope drop Epcot and do Soarin and Frozen without fastpasses (gave up my Frozen FP+ to ride it earlier and only waited about 5 minutes at 10:30am), as well as meet the characters with a FP+. Then, relaxed at CSR before heading home.

Miscellaneous Thoughts:
-Rude guests: I honestly didn't encounter any except for one incident. I was in line for Under the Sea w/Little Mermaid (which TP said was a 15 min wait, ended up being like 35 min, this ride is NOT worth more than 10 min) and this group of people were behind me and they did not know how to maintain space. They kept bumping into me, so I had to constantly shift my position to get away. Well, when it got time to finally get on the ride, the one guy tried to get in my vehicle. I was furious and slammed down the lap bar, preventing him from being able to get in. I'd like to think it was a misunderstanding (they were speaking Spanish), but I think he was being a jerk. Had he gotten in, you bet I would have called for a CM, so glad it didn't come to that. Otherwise, people were fine!

-Crowds: They were really no worse than any other time of the year. I was able to rope drop popular rides or use FP. The only deterrent for the summer, IMO is the heat, not crowds.

-Tour Groups: They were everywhere, but never had a problem with them at all, never heard chanting, never saw line cutting. They all seemed very well controlled, there were just a lot of them. Also, if you are considering a moderate resort to avoid them, they still stay at those too (or at least at CSR), but again, I had no problems. However, if I went during tour group season again, I'd stay at a deluxe. There were a lot of other conferences at CSR as well I'd prefer to avoid.

-CSR: No impacts from construction whatsoever and no problems with room checks, but I was out most of the time. Buses were overall very good, except to/from HS. This is definitely my favorite moderate, but I'm ready to go back to deluxe. I stayed in casitas 4, which is a perfect location to the bus stop.

-Touring Plans: Both expected and posted wait times were consistently WAY off, leading me to wait longer than I would have preferred for some rides, but some I waited less than expected as well.

Overall, I would do a 2 day trip again but either take it slower or go when it isn't so hot. I was SO burnt out and in pain from walking, I couldn't believe it. But, I did have a lot of fun and got everything I wanted to do, done!!

Thanks for the help!! Happy to answer any questions.
This is great to read! I just booked a weekend trip for me and my two girls for next weekend. We leave Friday and come back Monday - but we're only doing one park per day! Thanks for updating!

I was happy to read this. I'm doing two days in the parks over Labor Day weekend. And I'm thinking about doing a 2-day trip the end of February.

Hi Everyone,
I just got back from my weekend trip and wanted to report back on my experience in case anyone is considering something like this in the future:

I arrived in Orlando, Friday at 8:00pm, got on ME by 9pm, got to CSR, dropped off my stuff, and made it to HS for the 10:30-12:30a EMH. I was able to do both Toy Story rides and get something to eat at Woody's Lunchbox within that time. AS2 was OK, but half the ride broke down and capacity was reduced, significantly increasing the wait. It is not worth more than 15 minutes IMO. SDD was very cute and I only ended up waiting 30 minutes even though the wait said 65. Overall, Toy Story Land isn't worth a special trip, but cute to visit if you're already there and have nothing else you want to do more, especially for smaller kids.

The next day, I rope dropped Pandora and got both rides done by 8:40 after getting to the park by 7:15am. If you can't get a FP+ for FoP, definitely rope drop. I was exhausted from the night before, but this was so worth it! Then, I spent some time at Disney Springs before a break and then heading out to MK.

I didn't feel like crowds at MK were horrible by any means, just VERY hot. I also stayed for DAH, which was AMAZING. I reviewed it in the official thread and could not recommend it enough!

Next day, I was able to rope drop Epcot and do Soarin and Frozen without fastpasses (gave up my Frozen FP+ to ride it earlier and only waited about 5 minutes at 10:30am), as well as meet the characters with a FP+. Then, relaxed at CSR before heading home.

Miscellaneous Thoughts:
-Rude guests: I honestly didn't encounter any except for one incident. I was in line for Under the Sea w/Little Mermaid (which TP said was a 15 min wait, ended up being like 35 min, this ride is NOT worth more than 10 min) and this group of people were behind me and they did not know how to maintain space. They kept bumping into me, so I had to constantly shift my position to get away. Well, when it got time to finally get on the ride, the one guy tried to get in my vehicle. I was furious and slammed down the lap bar, preventing him from being able to get in. I'd like to think it was a misunderstanding (they were speaking Spanish), but I think he was being a jerk. Had he gotten in, you bet I would have called for a CM, so glad it didn't come to that. Otherwise, people were fine!

-Crowds: They were really no worse than any other time of the year. I was able to rope drop popular rides or use FP. The only deterrent for the summer, IMO is the heat, not crowds.

-Tour Groups: They were everywhere, but never had a problem with them at all, never heard chanting, never saw line cutting. They all seemed very well controlled, there were just a lot of them. Also, if you are considering a moderate resort to avoid them, they still stay at those too (or at least at CSR), but again, I had no problems. However, if I went during tour group season again, I'd stay at a deluxe. There were a lot of other conferences at CSR as well I'd prefer to avoid.

-CSR: No impacts from construction whatsoever and no problems with room checks, but I was out most of the time. Buses were overall very good, except to/from HS. This is definitely my favorite moderate, but I'm ready to go back to deluxe. I stayed in casitas 4, which is a perfect location to the bus stop.

-Touring Plans: Both expected and posted wait times were consistently WAY off, leading me to wait longer than I would have preferred for some rides, but some I waited less than expected as well.

Overall, I would do a 2 day trip again but either take it slower or go when it isn't so hot. I was SO burnt out and in pain from walking, I couldn't believe it. But, I did have a lot of fun and got everything I wanted to do, done!!

Thanks for the help!! Happy to answer any questions.
This is really good to read because it’s identical to what we are doing this weekend lol. We are staying at CSR (for the first time) and are flying down for dah. We have two days and then we fly back. On Friday we are doing a pool day and going to Disney springs at night to eat and do the Star Wars vr. I’m SUPER excited for dah!!!

My husband surprised me with a quick trip last fall. Took a flight Sunday afternoon, AK Monday, California Grill that night for dinner and fireworks, EP Tuesday morning and MNSSHP that same evening, flew home the next day. It was an amazing time! We had never ever went on a trip without our kids in the 10 years we’ve had them haha. Always take the Disney trip, no matter how short!

I’ve done it, and also from BWI. I wanted to have dinner at California Grill for my birthday so that’s what we did. Flew down on Friday, dinner Friday night, brunch at CG on Sunday, then home. I loved it.

I'm doing just that in a couple of weeks! Airfare was reasonable, DVC, so no cost for room, and we have APs that we just activated earlier this month, so don't need to buy tickets. Have fun!!!
DVC member as well... We've done this many times... Airfare was too good not to go... Life is short... Do what makes you happy... Enjoy! :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter