Two Day Trip - Crazy??

Never done it. We've talked about doing a long weeknd, but haven't.
The bird show is up to you, but I wouldn't waste a FP on it with so many other good options at AK.
You might want to watch some of the videos of the show, as reviews to date have not been good. I have read they are working on the show, so it might be mch better by July.

Thanks, I loved the old show and still want to see the new one, but probably a good tip to reconsider the fastpass for it.

We did just under 48 hours in Disney and loved it. We were AP holders, so it was easy to "just head down".

We had just gotten our third blizzard in as many weeks. My sister had been talking about doing Pro Bowl weekend for a while, so I used my points to book it.

We arrived late Friday night and went to Disney Springs for a drink and a (very) late dinner at Raglan Road.

Saturday we spent most of the day at the Pro Bowl practice, then went to Disney Springs for a quick bar crawl, dinner, then over to MK for our 3 FP+ and HEA.

Sunday we had FP+'s for DHS. We went over and did RnR, as we didn't get on it last trip. Then we decided to leave and skip our other FP+ selections. We had never been to the Festival of the Arts and decided to go see it. Who knew if we'd ever be back at this time and to see this?

We left late Sunday night and went back to NY.

Tips:

- We got a lot done, seeing as we were there for just under 48 hours. Had we skipped the Pro Bowl practice, we probably could have gotten even more done.
- If there was ever a trip to use Uber, this is it. We Uber'd to and from the airport (around $35 each way). Split 2 ways, it wasn't that bad. Taking ME would have cut into our time.
- FP+ selections are obviously your friend. Choose and choose wisely.
- 2 days doesn't mean you have to SQUEEZE everything and anything into those 2 days. For us, we tried things we wouldn't normally do - went to the Pro Bowl practice, did the Festival of the Arts; did a bar crawl around Disney Springs.
- Maybe this is the Type A in me, but I listed everything out. Then I edited down the list to 1) Things I haven't done/New Things; 2) Things I can't go without seeing or eating (traditions) and 3) Things that if I were to never visit Disney again, I'd feel terrible for not doing. New things: Festival of the Arts and drinking around Disney Springs; Can't go without: a snack from Contemporary at the end of the night; Something I'd feel bad not doing: RnR (didn't do it last trip) and Happily Ever After.

- Quick meals are your friend. It not only saves you money, but it saves you time. Keep it to QS spots, unless it's a place you can't live without
- Don't sleep in. This isn't the trip for it.
- Stay out late - this is the trip for it.
- Plan around EMHs

We did just under 48 hours in Disney and loved it. We were AP holders, so it was easy to "just head down".

We had just gotten our third blizzard in as many weeks. My sister had been talking about doing Pro Bowl weekend for a while, so I used my points to book it.

We arrived late Friday night and went to Disney Springs for a drink and a (very) late dinner at Raglan Road.

Saturday we spent most of the day at the Pro Bowl practice, then went to Disney Springs for a quick bar crawl, dinner, then over to MK for our 3 FP+ and HEA.

Sunday we had FP+'s for DHS. We went over and did RnR, as we didn't get on it last trip. Then we decided to leave and skip our other FP+ selections. We had never been to the Festival of the Arts and decided to go see it. Who knew if we'd ever be back at this time and to see this?

We left late Sunday night and went back to NY.

Tips:

- We got a lot done, seeing as we were there for just under 48 hours. Had we skipped the Pro Bowl practice, we probably could have gotten even more done.
- If there was ever a trip to use Uber, this is it. We Uber'd to and from the airport (around $35 each way). Split 2 ways, it wasn't that bad. Taking ME would have cut into our time.
- FP+ selections are obviously your friend. Choose and choose wisely.
- 2 days doesn't mean you have to SQUEEZE everything and anything into those 2 days. For us, we tried things we wouldn't normally do - went to the Pro Bowl practice, did the Festival of the Arts; did a bar crawl around Disney Springs.
- Maybe this is the Type A in me, but I listed everything out. Then I edited down the list to 1) Things I haven't done/New Things; 2) Things I can't go without seeing or eating (traditions) and 3) Things that if I were to never visit Disney again, I'd feel terrible for not doing. New things: Festival of the Arts and drinking around Disney Springs; Can't go without: a snack from Contemporary at the end of the night; Something I'd feel bad not doing: RnR (didn't do it last trip) and Happily Ever After.

- Quick meals are your friend. It not only saves you money, but it saves you time. Keep it to QS spots, unless it's a place you can't live without
- Don't sleep in. This isn't the trip for it.
- Stay out late - this is the trip for it.
- Plan around EMHs

Thank you! I love your tips, especially how you broke down your day. This is exactly how I plan to do it too (new: Toy Story and Up bird show, Tradition: dole whip float while watching Tiki Room and riding BTMR, Peter Pan, and Jungle Cruise). Uber is also a great tip to reduce time on the buses!

I'm doing something VERY similar to this twice this summer. I wanted to take both of my girls for "mommy and me" trips, but because of my school schedule I can only do a weekend/long weekend both times. I'll be flying out Friday and coming home Sunday. I'm focusing on doing our favorites (which is different for each kid) and not worrying about all the "must do" stuff. We've had a lot of stuff happening the last several years, and with me in school I don't get a lot of alone time with the kids, so this felt necessary. I leave for my fist trip in 10 days, and while it's going to be crazy quick I could not be more excited. I think you should totally go for it, I'm sure you won't regret it one bit.

Do it!

My husband and I are doing an adult-only trip, flying in early on a Saturday morning and leaving late on a Sunday night. It'll be 36 glorious hours at Disney and I'm good with that. Life is short -- be happy!

I’m thinking about booking a weekend trip for DAH and because there’s been a lot of stressful things going on in my life that are finally starting to settle down. The only time I can really go is July 14-15 weekend. I need to reserve my time off for another trip I have planned for later on.

My plan is to fly down from Baltimore July 13 at night, Hollywood for Toy Story Land on July 14, DAH at night, fastpass the Up bird show on Sunday, then walk around Epcot. I’d fly back earliest flight out on Monday and head to work (luckily my job is pretty flexible so I could get in a little late and I work about 30 min from the airport). I have an AP and can get a hotel discount and also wouldn’t need tickets.

Has anyone done anything like this before? I would probably only ever do this kind of a whirlwind trip once. Thanks!

It's short, its a little crazy, but it's lots of fun! I did it before, and I would do it again, in a heartbeat.

In February I decided to take a short solo trip the last few days before my AP expired. I flew down on a Thursday (flight landed at 9:30AM). I went straight from the airport to Epcot. I hung around World Showcase until about 5PM, then went over to MK and stayed there until about 9PM. On Friday I went to MK all day long, and then I flew home early on Sunday morning.

I did this in March. Flew down Friday night, flew home Monday morning. I thought it would be too short & terrible (especially since it was over a weekend), but it was actually amazing. Do it!

Yup, that's how I do most all of my trips. I park hop; rope drop one park in the morn, hop when I'm done, the next day get up and do it again, even 3 parks are doable in one day if there are very specific goals (or food ;)) that I want in more than 2 parks.

We do a lot of quick trips but we are also 3hr drive away. We love it, our last was 2 day we just did animal kingdom & magic kingdom ( we are waiting to do Hollywood studios after toy story opens. Get fast passes for what rides you really want. Enjoy it we sometimes need that Disney feeling to get over some stress in life.

Just wanted to let everyone know, I booked a weekend at Pop in July! I managed to get an Alien Swirling Saucers (I think that’s right) fastpass, but will keep checking for Slinky Dog. I also booked DAH. This is my first time staying at Pop (usually a deluxe snob), but I’m excited to try a new resort, especially since it has dedicated buses, refurbished rooms, and generally positive reviews. Plus, the price was right since I’ll basically just be sleeping there. Thank you!!

I took my DD a few years ago for a quick trip just for MNSSHP, we were in Orlando less than 48 hours but I had found crazy cheap last minute flights. I didn't even tell her where we were going until we were on the way to the airport. She was mad I packed for her lol.

Doing it again in Sept., taking my BF for his first trip to Epcot and F&W, flying out of Ohio Sat. afternoon, F&W on Sunday, back home on Monday. We have other vacations we are taking this year (and next) that don't allow for a long trip to WDW but I had to squeeze in a day! Thank goodness for direct, inexpensive flights!

Ive done it on more than one occasion. Usually it is for a specific festival or event, but, I have done the go for two days just to see how much can be done using EMH and FPs. It can be fun if done the right way and you seem to have a plan. Give it a shot and enjoy.

Just wanted to let everyone know, I booked a weekend at Pop in July! I managed to get an Alien Swirling Saucers (I think that’s right) fastpass, but will keep checking for Slinky Dog. I also booked DAH. This is my first time staying at Pop (usually a deluxe snob), but I’m excited to try a new resort, especially since it has dedicated buses, refurbished rooms, and generally positive reviews. Plus, the price was right since I’ll basically just be sleeping there. Thank you!!

Im glad you decided to do it! Its always nice to get a little Disney magic no matter how short!

Pop is great, and since you are there for a short while and probably wont be in the room much its definitely worth it to not pay the deluxe prices!

I'm getting ready to do this this weekend! I've never done a solo trip and I CAN'T. WAIT. Now if I could just figure out how to explain WHY I want to do this to DH. :-/

We usually do 3-day trips. Our upcoming 4 day-er is going to feel like a week! That said, I have priced out 1 night and 2-night trips for just me to get away. Had flights cooperated, it would have happened.

Our first Disney trip was just one day in Magic Kingdom. We didn't think we'd like it very much, but we figured we had a day to kill while driving to Tampa. It was sort of a last minute decision, and the only plan we made was: stay at All Stars Music, visit Magic Kingdom. We made our fastpasses just before heading to the park around noon. Knowing what I know now, you'd think it'd have been a disaster, but we had such a good time that we immediately started planning a longer trip after returning home. So I say go for your two day trip.

Hi Everyone,
I just got back from my weekend trip and wanted to report back on my experience in case anyone is considering something like this in the future:

I arrived in Orlando, Friday at 8:00pm, got on ME by 9pm, got to CSR, dropped off my stuff, and made it to HS for the 10:30-12:30a EMH. I was able to do both Toy Story rides and get something to eat at Woody's Lunchbox within that time. AS2 was OK, but half the ride broke down and capacity was reduced, significantly increasing the wait. It is not worth more than 15 minutes IMO. SDD was very cute and I only ended up waiting 30 minutes even though the wait said 65. Overall, Toy Story Land isn't worth a special trip, but cute to visit if you're already there and have nothing else you want to do more, especially for smaller kids.

The next day, I rope dropped Pandora and got both rides done by 8:40 after getting to the park by 7:15am. If you can't get a FP+ for FoP, definitely rope drop. I was exhausted from the night before, but this was so worth it! Then, I spent some time at Disney Springs before a break and then heading out to MK.

I didn't feel like crowds at MK were horrible by any means, just VERY hot. I also stayed for DAH, which was AMAZING. I reviewed it in the official thread and could not recommend it enough!

Next day, I was able to rope drop Epcot and do Soarin and Frozen without fastpasses (gave up my Frozen FP+ to ride it earlier and only waited about 5 minutes at 10:30am), as well as meet the characters with a FP+. Then, relaxed at CSR before heading home.

Miscellaneous Thoughts:
-Rude guests: I honestly didn't encounter any except for one incident. I was in line for Under the Sea w/Little Mermaid (which TP said was a 15 min wait, ended up being like 35 min, this ride is NOT worth more than 10 min) and this group of people were behind me and they did not know how to maintain space. They kept bumping into me, so I had to constantly shift my position to get away. Well, when it got time to finally get on the ride, the one guy tried to get in my vehicle. I was furious and slammed down the lap bar, preventing him from being able to get in. I'd like to think it was a misunderstanding (they were speaking Spanish), but I think he was being a jerk. Had he gotten in, you bet I would have called for a CM, so glad it didn't come to that. Otherwise, people were fine!

-Crowds: They were really no worse than any other time of the year. I was able to rope drop popular rides or use FP. The only deterrent for the summer, IMO is the heat, not crowds.

-Tour Groups: They were everywhere, but never had a problem with them at all, never heard chanting, never saw line cutting. They all seemed very well controlled, there were just a lot of them. Also, if you are considering a moderate resort to avoid them, they still stay at those too (or at least at CSR), but again, I had no problems. However, if I went during tour group season again, I'd stay at a deluxe. There were a lot of other conferences at CSR as well I'd prefer to avoid.

-CSR: No impacts from construction whatsoever and no problems with room checks, but I was out most of the time. Buses were overall very good, except to/from HS. This is definitely my favorite moderate, but I'm ready to go back to deluxe. I stayed in casitas 4, which is a perfect location to the bus stop.

-Touring Plans: Both expected and posted wait times were consistently WAY off, leading me to wait longer than I would have preferred for some rides, but some I waited less than expected as well.

Overall, I would do a 2 day trip again but either take it slower or go when it isn't so hot. I was SO burnt out and in pain from walking, I couldn't believe it. But, I did have a lot of fun and got everything I wanted to do, done!!

Thanks for the help!! Happy to answer any questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!