Two Contracts to Sell, but what company to list with?

KellyDVC

Mouseketeer
Over the past three years we have acquired 5 separate contracts, and even sold one ourselves. We have now decided to sell the two smallest contracts and we need to list these with some broker, but which one?

I have heard fees can reach in excess of $1,500 per contract...ouch! That might not be too bad, but we are talking about two contracts (both OKW, Dec use year), only 250 and 200 points. Anyone have any ideas?

While I'm asking, what's are the prices people are paying these days. All of this year's points (year 2001) are available.

Feel free to post a reply here, or send us an e-mail at rbak@optonline.net

You could advertise them on TUG (timeshare users group) and sell them yourself for no commission. I've also seen point contracts sell on ebay. You'd have to work out the deed transfer yourself or with a lawyer. If you call the Orange county recorder of deeds in Orlando, they can tell you what you need to do to transfer title.....spruce

You say that you sold one yourself in the past. Are you wanting to list with a broker because you had problems with that sale?
IMHO, I would say you could ask $65 to $68 per point.

Wendy,

Transferring ownership is the easy part. The challenge is finding a buyer. The contract we sold was to someone that contacted us via the DIS board. We agreed on the price over the phone, signed the contract, and forwarded it to the closing agency. The buyer never sent us money, only to the closing agency. In fact, we sold the contract cheaper than we would have if going through a broker due to the fees we did not have to pay. We just need a buyer.

I also agree that the $65-$68 dollar range is a fair price.

I would suggest you offer it on ebay. You will recieve a lot of email inquiries. Maybe even sell it off ebay (if it does not sell)

No commission!!!

Nuthut said:

I would suggest you offer it on ebay. You will recieve a lot of email inquiries. Maybe even sell it off ebay after finding a buyer though ebay. No commission!!!

Hmmm. As a frequent seller on Ebay, I would think that you are aware of Ebay's listing policies. Just to refresh your memory, take a look at "Listing Techniques that Circumvent eBay's fee structure" in http://pages.ebay.com/help/community/png-list.html . Fee avoidance, as you've described it, is not allowed on Ebay.

HTH!

If you list it on ebay and it is sold, you should live up to the ebay agreement. I agree as an ebay buyer and seller. Come on Jerry (nuthut)

I did not mean to break any ebay rules. If the item sells on ebay, great. as the ebay charge is a lot less than 15%. But if the item does not sell then you still have some great leads for prospective buyers.

I edited previous because of confusion over what I had meant!!!

I would suggest Jaki Apetz at A TIMESHARE BROKER
888-345-2622 She is great to deal with and moves a lot of resales. I used her and was very satisfied with her professionism and understanding of the DVC concept.

Ed
DVC 1994
Boston

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter