Twin less twin momma

EmmasFootprints

Earning My Ears
In October we're going to Disney World to celebrate what should be our twins 2nd Birthday on the 13th. Our twin daughter Emma passed away at 23 days old and for her and our son Alex's birthday we wanted to do something special. What can we do to honor Emma while celebrating both their lives while we're there? I know balloons aren't safe for the environment, and lanterns aren't allowed. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you

Welcome to the dis, EmmasFootprints.

I do not have any suggestions but want to wish you continued good thoughts and wishes as you celebrate Emma's and Alex's birthdays. :hug:'s Emma will always be with you, and certainly at Disney World as you all celebrate her life, short though it be. Knowing you had 23 days to share, along with her guiding you forever more, what a joy to celebrate!

Keep in mind that this forum is not visited a lot. You might think about posting this also on the Community Board (link below), anything within guidelines is ok to post there. I bet you will get many more ideas there.

http://www.disboards.com/forums/community-board.33/

Here is another link that may be helpful.

http://blog.touringplans.com/2014/06/10/honoring-loved-one-disney-world/

In October we're going to Disney World to celebrate what should be our twins 2nd Birthday on the 13th. Our twin daughter Emma passed away at 23 days old and for her and our son Alex's birthday we wanted to do something special. What can we do to honor Emma while celebrating both their lives while we're there? I know balloons aren't safe for the environment, and lanterns aren't allowed. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you

First my condolences on the loss of your little girl.

You could make a wish at the wishing well. Any coins that are tossed in the well are collect and Disney gives them to children's charities.

You could also have the CMs make a second birthday button and ask your daughter's name to be written on it. If you don't want a birthday button you can also get an I'm Celebrating button and have the CM write Alex and Emma on it so both kids are recognized and then your son Alex can wear just his bday button if he wants.

I hope you are able to find something meaningful for you and your family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!