Twilight check in?

Debs Hill

DIS Veteran
Can anyone tell me whether this will be operating with Virgin in October 2003? I know it doesn't run in 'off' season, but wondered when that started!

hi deb

I e-mailed virgin about this around a month ago, as people were saying they were going to end it, i had a reply back saying they intended to keep it open, and will not close this winter, i think it was origanally open until the end of october anyway.

hope this helps sam

There was a whole thread on this. I had an E-mail back from Virgin which i posted. This said it would be open indefinately....

Tony

hi

we plan to use twilight checkin when we travel in sept so we just have to turn up at the departure gate 1 hour before the flight....

we are travelling on the 11.15am flight on a saturday and i'm concerned how long all the security checks will take.....

what time would you recommend arriving at the airport?

cheers

neil

:)

Hi Tony
I see you've stayed at the quality inn international, we're staying there in october, can you tell me what it's like please.
Jean:wave:

Received our Frequent Virgin Club member's magazine from Virgin in the post this morning.

It has an article in there all about Twilight Check-in, gives no end-date, just says for ALL Virgin holidaymakers travelling from Gatwick.

Must say all the new Virgin logo and branding brings it a little more up to date than the luggage label logo:rolleyes:

And - for those shopaholics amongst us (ie ME), they've even enclosed the Virgin Shop little brochure .. "full of goodies to help you travel". ie the most comfortable (apparently) neck pillow at £20, special travel bag at £35 etc. etc.

Sir Richard's obviously in need of some spare change then;)

Neil,

I rang Virgin a couple of days ago and was advised that, when using Twilight Check-in, you still need to be at the airport at least 2 hours before the flight due to security checks.

Originally posted by bengunn
Neil,

I rang Virgin a couple of days ago and was advised that, when using Twilight Check-in, you still need to be at the airport at least 2 hours before the flight due to security checks.

in the e-mails i've had from virgin customer service they've said only 1 hour :(

it depends on who you speak to at virgin on what answer you're given

i think we'll get there 2 hours before the flight just to be safe as there's always loads to do in the departure lounge

besides, i want a pint to start my holiday off ;)

That just shows that nobody at Virgin knows what is going on :confused:

We are allowing 2 hours because I hate being late or even a risk of being late - at least we bypass the queue for checking in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter