Thirteenth Official Disboards Meet in Kansas City! *INFO COMING SOON*

Hi everyone. Information on our May Meet will be coming out in a couple days.

I did have a question for everyone though...

Does anyone have any interest in an unofficial DIS Meet to see the Lion King in Kansas City? Tickets are limited so we would most likely sit separately, but I think it would be fun to see with DISers.

DW is taking DGDs-not sure which date. I've seen it twice (I think!) so I'll pass this time. I'd encourage anyone who hasn't seen it to try to make the show.:)

Well that Marceline meet up was fantastic, thanks to everyone who planned it!

Last night I thought of something for a future meet, maybe in the summer. What does everyone think about trying an escape room?

We did one for my sister's bachelorette party she it was less of fun.
I think Aaron and I would find an escape room fun.

We've done Breakout KC once (which we didn't break out in enough time) at the River Market location and then we've done Escape Room KC (which we broke out in time for) at Union Station.

Eighth Official Disboards Meet in Kansas City!!! *INFO COMING SOON*

Hi everyone. For those of us in the KC area, we are looking into meeting for the eighth time in the past several months. For those of you that did not join us for any of our previous meets, you are more than welcome to join in on this next event! If anyone has any recommendations on where we can meet or different activities in the KC area, please let me know.

Event: Disboards Night At The K (Fireworks Night)!
Date: June 1, 2018
Address: 1 Royal Way, Kansas City, MO 64129
Time: 5 p.m. (Game starts at 7:15 p.m.)

If you want to join us for this event, please respond by May 21st. We will be buying tickets separately, but scheduling a time where we can be online buying tickets in the same area (Probably May 22nd).

We will also have a meeting location for dinner before making our way to the game for those that would want to join us. If you can only make it to the game, that is fine as well.

Eighth Official Disboards Meet in Kansas City!!! *INFO COMING SOON*

Hi everyone. For those of us in the KC area, we are looking into meeting for the eighth time in the past several months. For those of you that did not join us for any of our previous meets, you are more than welcome to join in on this next event! If anyone has any recommendations on where we can meet or different activities in the KC area, please let me know.

Event: Disboards Night At The K (Fireworks Night)!
Date: June 1, 2018
Address: 1 Royal Way, Kansas City, MO 64129
Time: 5 p.m. (Game starts at 7:15 p.m.)

If you want to join us for this event, please respond by May 21st. We will be buying tickets separately, but scheduling a time where we can be online buying tickets in the same area (Probably May 22nd).

We will also have a meeting location for dinner before making our way to the game for those that would want to join us. If you can only make it to the game, that is fine as well.

Well, shoot - we have tickets to “A Chorus Line” on Friday, June 1...it’s too bad we aren’t getting together on Saturday, June 2, because I already have tickets to the Royals game THAT night!!!! One of these days, I WILL make it to the Meet ‘n Greet!!!

Well, shoot - we have tickets to “A Chorus Line” on Friday, June 1...it’s too bad we aren’t getting together on Saturday, June 2, because I already have tickets to the Royals game THAT night!!!! One of these days, I WILL make it to the Meet ‘n Greet!!!
Well shoot is right. One day we'll make it work :laughing:::yes::

A Chorus Line sounds like fun! Did you see the Lion King? I saw it on Mother's Day. Then I drove up to Omaha and saw Wicked this past Wednesday. 2 of my favorite Broadway shows in a span of 4 days was awesome! :)

I am thinking we will do a casual meet at some point in June for those that aren't able to go to the Royals game.

I’m just going to go ahead and put this shameless plug out there since we have some musical theatre discussion going on...

But I’ll be in South Pacific with Theatre in the Park the last two weekends of June if anyone wants to come see it!

Alright shameless plug done :P

Last edited:
Thank you to those of you who attended our "Disboards Night at the K" event! I hope you had an awesome time despite the horrible score! The fireworks were great though! :D

I can't wait for our next meet which will be announced very soon!

Hello everyone! My name is Tonia and dolewhipdreams reached out to me after looking at my trip report for the adult only Backstage Magic ABD I did to tell me about this group! I'm now call KC home and I love all things Disney. I'm excited to find some others in the area and hope that I can attend one of your get together's sometime.

Great getting together at the K! Terrible game as far as scoring goes but def. fun for Buck Night and fireworks night and really enjoyed getting together with peeps again. Would love to keep that in mind for a future meet :D

Hello everyone! My name is Tonia and dolewhipdreams reached out to me after looking at my trip report for the adult only Backstage Magic ABD I did to tell me about this group! I'm now call KC home and I love all things Disney. I'm excited to find some others in the area and hope that I can attend one of your get together's sometime.
Well hello Tonia :flower1:

It's nice to meet you virtually lol.

Hope to meet you in person sometime soon!

Since you mention you now call KC home hope KC is treating you well :-)

Thanks! Yes, we've been here for 10 years now, so I think we like it :-) We just moved into our new home in Platte City and have decided this is the place for us. The Army brought us here, but now that we're both reservists, we get a say in where we live. It is a great place to be.

Hi Tonia! Welcome to the thread! :) I am jealous that you have been able to do an ABD Backstage Magic trip. Disneyland is my "home" park since I grew up in Southern California, and I try to get out there as many times as I possibly can since that is my favorite park. :) I would love to go to Walt Disney Studios and Imagineering someday, but I will do that trip when the time is right. I also think we were in CA at the same time while you were on your Backstage Magic trip. I went out for the Candlelight Processional this last year. :)

We would love to have you! We try to meet at least once within a span of 2 months. With summer going strong now in Kansas City, we might try and take advantage of some warmer weather and meet on several occasions. We are also spread out around the Kansas City area which makes it difficult to plan things at times. We try to make things centrally located, but there are occasions where some people have a little bit of a drive. Hopefully we will get to meet in the near future! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!