Tweezers and nailclippers in carry-on

perdidobay

<font color=green>Will work for travel ;-)<br><fon
It's been 6 months since I've flown and I can't remember- do they allow these in your carry on luggage??? Airline web site was no help......

My dad travels often and he told me that his tweezers are never a problem but his clippers have been hit and miss. The ones that haven't passed are the ones that have the little file attached to it. I can't remember which airlines have checked for this but he told me of two. I'd do what Dan suggested and call just in case.

Thanks everyone:D Dan, the web site you posted says they are prermitted.... I guess I may just take my chances:D I know I may loose them...I'll check and see if they have a file attached first. My epipen may cause me some problems too, but I do have the box with the RX label on it that it came in. Thanks again!
...... just checked my clippers..they have no file... I'll take them and hope I get to keep them:D

You shouldn't have a problem with your Epipen. They can't send people on planes that serve peanuts without allowing it.

If you do ever get stuck because you have nail clippers with a file, I know someone who simply broke the file off and they let him take them. I don't think anyone uses that thing anyway.

My friend got her tweesers taken away when we flew to WDW in June. She was very mad.. they were really nice tweesers too.

I flew recently from Providence to orlando. When I got to orlandow I unpacked my bag and discovered a 6 inch screwdriver and a cresent wrench in my bag!

Alex, they are so small, I can see how they would not have noticed :rolleyes:

:eek: I guess it all depends on the " security" that checks the bag! It's not expensive stuff, so if I lose it, no big deal, it's the hassle factor:D I'n not too worried about the Epipen. I don't have peanut allergy and I don't think I'll have to worry about bee stings at 35000 feet;) But going to National Parks, I will need it at my destination. One thing about air travel today, it's never boring!

DD had her manicure kit taken away in June, she forgot she had it in her purse. I would not worry about the Epi-pen, I always have mine in my carry on, never had a problem. I would not put it in my checked luggage though, it needs to be in a controlled temperature. In our past 2 trips to WDW I only had 1 security guard at the parks question me about it.

Last week, they confiscated the little scissors out of my travel sewing kit. I forgot they were there. They also took a nail file, but they left my tweezers.

My Mom's clippers and file were taken. I guess it just depends on the level of security. ;)

I had both (tweezers, clippers) in my bag (over July 4th) and was ok. My 10 year old was patted down and wanded twice and all he carried on was a gameboy advance and diskman.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter